BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Fair point Kivo.

Mind, have George and Chansiri had a fall out? 

Chansiri said only 2 months back, despite the lad clearly leaving -:

“I respect him (George) because he asked me to play,” said Chansiri. “I’m happy to step back and let him play.”

I think it's got to be the advisors where the real fall out is isn't it? 

I've no idea whether George and Chansiri have had a personal fall-out, I'm referring to the respective parties.

12 minutes ago, londonowl said:

'Use your brain', that's rich.

You stated categorically that he wanted £20k a week. Do you think Leicester have given him a 5-year contract on £20k a week, a cost to them of around £6 million because they saved a few hundred grand on transfer fees?

It wasn't me that asked for it, and yes i stated 'categorically' because that is what i was told from a close 'source' like i said! Why dont you ask GH why he wanted £20k a week! So if you dont believe it or want to accept it, i dont care, go and bore someone else! Or just pretend to yourself he only want £5k a week, and it was Wednesday that actually didn't want him after all!

• Haha 1

Just now, James1986 said:

It wasn't me that asked for it, and yes i stated 'categorically' because that is what i was told from a close 'source' like i said! Why dont you ask GH why he wanted £20k a week! So if you dont believe it or want to accept it, i dont care, go and bore someone else! Or just pretend to yourself he only want £5k a week, and it was Wednesday that actually didn't want him after all!

£20k a week :laugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, James1986 said:

Well that's me told. I wish you had contributed to the first page. You could have saved us all a lot of time.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Your second line falls down at 'allegedly'.

To be fair to the poster though that allegedly came in an official club statement.  

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And that is what has tainted the memories of a hero. 

Until July 1st when KIN partner release their water clearing statement about the wrong doings of the club and once more clearing the name of our hero. And meaning I can keep me username!

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest addedtime

101 pages. fizz this poo. Everything has been said 5 times. There's no new content to add.Have a good afternoon repeating yourselves.

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I've no idea whether George and Chansiri have had a personal fall-out, I'm referring to the respective parties.

That's what I mean mate.

I will always have the feeling that if the lad amd the chairman had got together man to man with a PFA Rep that theyd have both got the deal done.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

13 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Quite right he was offered more money than anyone his age - he was the standout player of his age group at SWFC.

Your second line falls down at 'allegedly'.

Not at all. In the absence of any other information we can only go on what we have been told. You can take the word ‘allegedly’ out if you want. It’s a direct quote from Mr C

2 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Why all the anger. This is a debate. You believed a rumour which is unbelievable.

Get over it. I lean towards siding with the club over this but don't need to go to extremes to put my point across.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Really? Where??

I can't see anybody saying that you shouldn't believe the Chairmans version at all? 

I'm beginning to smell an agenda - you've been a member of this site since 11/Sep/2012 - a total of 2103 days. In all of that time you've contributed 780 posts - around 1 every 3 days on average (But only 8 posts in total since 11/Sept 2017)

Since the news came out on Friday youve posted 175 times on the matter - most of them slating David & George - and yet your username would suggest that he's some kind of hero of yours. And you're prepared to write off all of that? Based on what??

I'm sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I just find it weird that you've appeared and been by far the most prolific poster on the subject.

Anyway. welcome to Owlstalk lol

Ta. 

I'm glad to be back.

David Hirst was indeed my boyhood hero.  I hope that a statement is released and goes unchallenged in which he is cleared of doing anything wrong. Because I like my hero's to stay hero's. 

I want the men to live up to the myth in my head. 

I'm old fashioned like that.  I like to belive in fairytale. 

David Hirst was never the player I wanted to be.  Because I knew I never could. Oh I could copy the way Worthington tackled. I could make sure I kept my head up and was always looking for the next pass like John Sheridan. 

But I never tried to copy David Hirst because to me he was like an alien from another planet. A Superman. 

When he set off on a galloping run, and I saw the familiar hunch of his shoulder , head dipped charging in like a raging bull I knew I was seeing something special. I knew I was seeing something I might never see again.  

When he'd swivel on a six pence and turn and leave defender trailing in his slipstream wrong footed and bewildered as they saw the back of his shirt vanishing into the distance I marvelled. 

When a ball bobbling around was caught with the outside of that left foot and arrowed into the net at record breaking speeds and bulged the netting gloriously and when he leapt to meet a cross and bulleted a header I to the net on a rainy night and the billowing net sent the water exploding like a million tiny diamonds under the spotlights I roared with primal passion that such a magnificent player was playing for my club. And me dads club. And me grandads club. 

When I saw all the other big name strikers come to Hillsborough and fall under his shadow. I knew we'd all once it on all lifetime player. I knew then he'd be the best striker I ever saw.  

When his name was read out on the tannoy id feel my heart soar. 

And when he clattered down the tunnel and out into the brightness I felt like I was witnessing the Superman flying up and basking in the restorative rays of our single sun.

I'm 42 years old. And  the last time I cried was at David Hirsts testimonial. 

And I've had two kids all nd got married since then. 

Yeah that makes me a mad nutter probably. But when yer a kid and you fall in love that first time it's the best and most painful it'll ever get. 

I loved that team. And I loved him. 

I keep posting  because people keep hinting that there's a side that my hero needs to tell.

I want them to. I want him to.

Because I always want him to be my hero. 

David Hirst was my Superman. 

And I always want him to be. 

I want to belive. 

• Like 2

This reminds me of the executive box incident when so called fans who just don’t like our Chairman wanted to paint him out like the bad guy.

It’s pretty disgusting actually, the man has come here and done everything he possibly can to get us back to the promised land.

And yet we have so called ‘Wednesday fans’ who constantly pull him up for everything, I hope it’s not because he’s a foreigner that they don’t like him but I have my suspicions.

• Haha 1

I'm joining this on page 101 so give me 3 days to catch up..............

We have plenty of strikers and a youngster has moved elsewhere to play. I am just putting all the other stuff in a box and throw it in a bin. Jos now playing youngsters and Meire is signing youngsters up to new deals. New regime, New era. Lets just move on.

In Jos the boss we trust.

9 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

This reminds me of the executive box incident when so called fans who just don’t like our Chairman wanted to paint him out like the bad guy.

It’s pretty disgusting actually, the man has come here and done everything he possibly can to get us back to the promised land.

And yet we have so called ‘Wednesday fans’ who constantly pull him up for everything, I hope it’s not because he’s a foreigner that they don’t like him but I have my suspicions.

Ha Ha gave yourself a neg. What a guy!

Edited by Triple O
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Fair point Kivo.

Mind, have George and Chansiri had a fall out? 

Chansiri said only 2 months back, despite the lad clearly leaving -:

“I respect him (George) because he asked me to play,” said Chansiri. “I’m happy to step back and let him play.”

I think it's got to be the advisors where the real fall out is isn't it? 

People don’t have to listen to their advisors, but that’s what shocks me about modern footballers they do what they’re told by them. Jerome Sinclair waiting in the train station for the call for example 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

People don’t have to listen to their advisors, but that’s what shocks me about modern footballers they do what they’re told by them. Jerome Sinclair waiting in the train station for the call for example 

They do what they are told because agents are the most powerful people in football and can make or break careers.