BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why would I need God's permission before criticizing someone? And if you're ridiculous 'Devil's Advocate' position is merely to point out that he can do what he wants because he's the owner, then no-one would dispute that he can do what he wants, but like anyone who does what they want there really ought to be consequences.

There are consequences. He will lose his money. My point is that there are going to be times that the Chairman will do what he wants because that's what he wants to do and for no other reason. That is his right, most people don't actually know what has happened and if he has made his decision purely and simply because he felt wronged by the Hirst's, I may be alone here, but I can actually support him in that.

IF his position was that he would rather let GH leave for free than agree to whatever the terms were and that came about as a result of something personally important to him, then my point is, he has that right and I personally believe it his choice to do so. Of course he can be criticized for it but it's difficult to have a particularly strong opinion when not many people really know the facts.

Edited by londonowl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

- His counter-proposal was rejected, and he was told that until he signed a contract he would be pulled from training with the first team and pulled from playing with any team

Kivo you’ve been very selective with your comment there. Yes the counter proposal was rejected. But it was also made clear, according to Mr C, that the Hirst camp was not prepared to enter into negotiations. I wonder what you would do if an employee of yours behaved in that manner. Would you continue to invest time and money in his development knowing that he was going to take those skills to another employer??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, londonowl said:

You neither had to read it nor contribute. If you are not interested and know the facts anyway, why bother subjecting yourself to other people's opinions?

If you are interested, I'm sure you would find that very little of this thread is about George Hirst, if you have no recognition of a bigger picture here, Love Island might be more up your street.

What a mug! 

9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You're a proper Wednesday fan Kivo, if you were Hirst would you have just signed for some tinpot outfit in Belguim so you could screw Wednesday?

I know I wouldn't.

Who knows what I would have done in George's position - stay at the club I love, owned by a person I have had a serious fall-out with, or move on to pastures new to get away from said person while abandoning SWFC? Its a tough one.

Not going to say I'm not disappointed by his move to Leuven/Leicester because I am - there's no doubting it has happened because of how seriously relations soured.

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

How long do we have to wait?

It's been 6 months now.

He's still under contract

6 minutes ago, SalisburyOwl said:

Kivo you’ve been very selective with your comment there. Yes the counter proposal was rejected. But it was also made clear, according to Mr C, that the Hirst camp was not prepared to enter into negotiations. I wonder what you would do if an employee of yours behaved in that manner. Would you continue to invest time and money in his development knowing that he was going to take those skills to another employer??

I'm pretty sure Hirst was prepared to negotiate. He wanted to play for Sheffield Wednesday. It's important to remember that the fall-out occured when he was frozen out - before that he was very much wanting to follow in his father's footsteps.

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Who knows what I would have done in George's position - stay at the club I love, owned by a person I have had a serious fall-out with, or move on to pastures new to get away from said person while abandoning SWFC? Its a tough one.

Not going to say I'm not disappointed by his move to Leuven/Leicester because I am - there's no doubting it has happened because of how seriously relations soured.

He's still under contract

I think you'd be a Wednesday player.

2 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Hes going to Leicester! And they saved on transfer fees! Use your brain!

'Use your brain', that's rich.

You stated categorically that he wanted £20k a week. Do you think Leicester have given him a 5-year contract on £20k a week, a cost to them of around £6 million because they saved a few hundred grand on transfer fees?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm pretty sure Hirst was prepared to negotiate. He wanted to play for Sheffield Wednesday. It's important to remember that the fall-out occured when he was frozen out - before that he was very much wanting to follow in his father's footsteps.

He was offered more money than anyone of his age, or importantly experience, at the club. And that was after the initial ‘freezing out’.  And he, allegedly, wanted the same as established first team players. Is that the position of someone desperate to stay at the club?

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Even if this is the case the final deal as it has worked out is a real kick in the teeth for the fans. That's what sours it  for me. Nobody comes out of it looking like they think that above all it's the club that matters.  

2 minutes ago, SalisburyOwl said:

He was offered more money than anyone of his age, or importantly experience, at the club. And that was after the initial ‘freezing out’.  

And he, allegedly, wanted the same as established first team players. Is that the position of someone desperate to stay at the club?

Quite right he was offered more money than anyone his age - he was the standout player of his age group at SWFC.

Your second line falls down at 'allegedly'.

Just now, rickygoo said:

Even if this is the case the final deal as it has worked out is a real kick in the teeth for the fans. That's what sours it  for me. Nobody comes out of it looking like they think that above all it's the club that matters.  

Correct - as I say I am very disappointed by the way this Leuven deal is looking - purely to spite SWFC.

But again, this all stems from the freezing out after the initial contract offer was rejected.

From that point onwards, no-body was going to do the other party any favours.

So, so sad, because George is the best young player I've seen at SWFC in all the years I've been going.

To be honest, it put me off going to youth games at the back end of the season.

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Who knows what I would have done in George's position - stay at the club I love, owned by a person I have had a serious fall-out with,

Fair point Kivo.

Mind, have George and Chansiri had a fall out? 

Chansiri said only 2 months back, despite the lad clearly leaving -:

“I respect him (George) because he asked me to play,” said Chansiri. “I’m happy to step back and let him play.”

I think it's got to be the advisors where the real fall out is isn't it? 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.