BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

7 minutes ago, cowl said:

:biggrin: Go on...

Bearing in mind he's signed a five year contract with OH Leuven, do you honestly think he's being paid thousands? The reality here is that if he doesn't kick on this next season then any interest Leicester (or any other Prem club) has in him will very quickly dry up and then OH Leuven will be left with a dud on an excessive wage. This is unlikely.

I doubt they're paying him any more than we were offering him.

Unless LCFC are making a contribution. 

45 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Thank feck, now we can concentrate on players with proven ability who want to be at our club.

Totally agree such a shame the lads dreams and progress have been delay by his dads own bitterness and self interest. Hope he  goes on to be a star, and achieve more than his dad, as a player and a man .hirst senior has awaited a long time , he now has even longer to decide if today is worth it! 

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

But Wednesday is his club?

He’s a full weight c**t and I hope he sinks without trace. And his Father (who was my favourite player of all time) can also get f**ked. He’ll be able to tell the poor old Belgian blokes all his sh 1t sob stories about how he wished he’d signed for Man U. What a pair of w@nkers. 

He has been denied football for a year because he refused a poor contract. 

Then he gets called a c**t by morons. No wonder he wanted out of this club. 

He has been treated very badly in my opinion. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Your ignoring the spiteful decision to refuse him any football for a year then? 

There are two sides to every story. 

If I had been offered much less than I was worth then denied any football for a year when I refuse it, I wouldn't be inclined to do the club any favours either. 

Im not ignoring it. I’ve never thought it made sense to do it from a compensation point of view...unless we knew we weren’t going to get any in any case.

No one knows what he was offered or what he is supposedly “worth”. I daresay if he was worth it then someone else would’ve just signed him, paid up the measly amount of compo and paid him the wage as presumably English clubs pay more than a Belgian second tier club. 

Theres moving on and then there’s this, which in my view puts Hirst on a very sticky wicket in terms of who is taking the high ground.

What was this “poor contract” how does it relate to a wage in Belgium? He had to be offered better than his current deal at Wednesday to trigger compo.

Wednesday won’t take this lying down

• Like 2

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Im not ignoring it. I’ve never thought it made sense to do it from a compensation point of view...unless we knew we weren’t going to get any in any case.

No one knows what he was offered or what he is supposedly “worth”. I daresay if he was worth it then someone else would’ve just signed him, paid up the measly amount of compo and paid him the wage as presumably English clubs pay more than a Belgian second tier club. 

Theres moving on and then there’s this, which in my view puts Hirst on a very sticky wicket in terms of who is taking the high ground.

Yeah I just think they feel betrayed by the club and are angry. 

That's the subtext I am reading from this move. 

I think if it had been handled differently, with a little faith by giving him football and nurturing, that faith would be reciprocated. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Can someone explain compo situation. Why do we get less than if he had gone directly to a prem team?

Been wanting to know this too. Everyone is on here banging on about zero compensation but no one has given any proof

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

He hadn't really earned a massive contract, players do and get this when they break into first team. 

Had he not chucked toys out of pram he would most likely have been playing during 2nd half of season.

He needed to take a good hard look at Atdhe Nuhiu, a player who was nowhere near first team for months but worked hard and took his chance once it came along. 

Hirst's chance would have come eventually.

As my username suggests, Hirsty was my favourite player growing up watching us.

I can understand how he feels George may be better served away from S6 such has been the breakdown in communication but I'd love him to try and explain how he thinks this is the best option for his career. 

Yeah I just think they feel betrayed by the club and are angry. 

That's the subtext I am reading from this move. 

I think if it had been handled differently, with a little faith by giving him football and nurturing, that faith would be reciprocated. 

Unless we know exactly what was said by whom and how it all unfolded I can only go on what we know. The aim was to keep him, that failed. A simple transfer elsewhere as a result of a fall out/I’ll treatment would’ve seen them get what they want and Wednesday paid a fraction of his potential value. What has actually happened is overkill from them and any sympathy has dissapeared.