BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Bluesteel said:

I don’t know what was said of course not. But based on what’s in the public domain that’s my opinion on it. 

If you genuinely think a move to Belgium was the only option and the best level of football he can be playing at in the next 12 months (legitimately) then fair dos. 

As I said earlier

I strongly believe, like you based on the information in the public domain, that this move had been engineered specifically to hurt our Chairman

I don't believe, like many, that Hirst (Sr or Jr) would do that unless there had been a good reason, and as had been suggested, the only good reason would be if they had been treated unfairly specifically by the Chairman. No one knows the extent of that, not even Big D who's been incredibly vocal in his hatred since this whole matter arose.

I do know this. David Hirst consistently, over very many years since his retirement has volunteered for the club on hundreds of occasions, worked with our youth team and academy 3 nights a week without payment when the club was at its lowest ebb, shared his love for the club with those youth players and fellow fans, raised £tens of thousands for good causes supporting Wednesday fans Inc Hayley Kalinins - and for this breakdown of the relationship to happen something serious has gone off. All on top of being probably the best player any of us can remember pulling on the blue and white stripes (yes, fkn stripes)

It disgusts me to read threads like this that put all of that in the dustbin. Very sad

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

As I said earlier

I strongly believe, like you based on the information in the public domain, that this move had been engineered specifically to hurt our Chairman

I don't believe, like many, that Hirst (Sr or Jr) would do that unless there had been a good reason, and as had been suggested, the only good reason would be if they had been treated unfairly specifically by the Chairman. No one knows the extent of that, not even Big D who's been incredibly vocal in his hatred since this whole matter arose.

I do know this. David Hirst consistently, over very many years since his retirement has volunteered for the club on hundreds of occasions, worked with our youth team and academy 3 nights a week without payment when the club was at its lowest ebb, shared his love for the club with those youth players and fellow fans, raised £tens of thousands for good causes supporting Wednesday fans Inc Hayley Kalinins - and for this breakdown of the relationship to happen something serious has gone off. All on top of being probably the best player any of us can remember pulling on the blue and white stripes (yes, fkn stripes)

It disgusts me to read threads like this that put all of that in the dustbin. Very sad

Despite that, in my view, there will likely have been the opportunity to take  courses of action that could’ve (at face value at least) had the players side come out of this looking a lot better, taking into account the wider history and good relationship with the club, fans and not just the chairman. 

If Leuven was the only alternative offer I’d stand corrected on that but I really really doubt it

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Despite that, in my view, there will likely have been the opportunity to take  courses of action that could’ve (at face value at least) had the players side come out of this looking a lot better, taking into account the wider history and good relationship with the club, fans and not just the chairman. 

If Leuven was the only alternative offer I’d stand corrected on that but I really really doubt it

I think you're missing my point

Given the serious nature of the breakdown in relationship it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to join the Belgian club hasn't been taken specifically to ensure the Chairman doesn't see any money from the transfer

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Given the serious nature of the breakdown in relationship it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to join the Belgian club hasn't been taken specifically to ensure the Chairman doesn't see any money from the transfer

Exactly the point I've been making 

And you don't need to be Poirot to see it either. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Exactly the point I've been making 

And you don't need to be Poirot to see it either. 

It seems you do

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

this is just a local difficulty the bigger picture that this is aback door loophole to get youngsters for free.  this needs the footballing authorities to close this loophole.

Guest Grez Bez

Let's be honest; the Hirsts have royally fizzed us over.

I hop they loan him to a championship club just so Hutchinson can crunch the little barstard! :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Im not missing it, that’s what I mean. Taking everything into account that was a choice made and because the club is more than just DC, I don’t think it can be kept in isolation. Would’ve been more likely to had it been a simple case of move to the premier league.

21 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Though if you were Poirot you may have arrived at a less biased, knee jerk and emotional conclusion. 

It’s been going on almost 12 months so hardly knee jerk is it?

I’m knocking on but can still jerk me knee a lot faster than that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I think that’s exactly what has happened and people can make their own minds up on who that action reflects badly on. It’s unfortunate for David that he’s wrapped up in the actions of his sons agents (therefore his sons actions, really). They have behaved badly which appears to have caused anger that was taken out on David (and George too, but they are his agents after all). Unfortunately this final retaliation amongst all of the retaliations is one that needlessly and avoidably hurts the club (therefore fans) and not just Chansiri. That was a choice.

• Like 1