BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Worth noting that Sheffield Wednesday have just seen their most valuable youngster ever developed at SWFC disappear for absolutely FREE because of a dispute.

Our most valuable youngster ever at SWFC

Gone.

For FREE

Yes. And if he signs for signs for Leicester any time during the currency of his previous contract we should complain to FA or UEFA whichever the appropriate body may be.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not interested/talking about Leicester or that side of things

I'm talking about BEFORE that to how SWFC Chairman handled this 

But as has been said the only reason He's going for free is coz he's signed for Leicester's European sister club.

That's nothing to do with Chansiri

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not interested/talking about Leicester or that side of things

I'm talking about BEFORE that to how SWFC Chairman handled this 

Not important anymore. Players/clubs/agents fall out every day, in a less public way than this. We all move on, and i’ve no interest in that. For the lads sake i hope he plays in the Premier and wins 100 caps. 

There is a far bigger story here, and it’s the relationship between Leuvan and Leicester and the transfer of George Hirst. If this is allowed it could blow a hole in football transfers as we know it. 

Call the lawyers on Monday, let them battle it out, and concentrate on preseason. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not important anymore. Players/clubs/agents fall out every day, in a less public way than this. We all move on, and i’ve no interest in that. For the lads sake i hope he plays in the Premier and wins 100 caps. 

There is a far bigger story here, and it’s the relationship between Leuvan and Leicester and the transfer of George Hirst. If this is allowed it could blow a hole in football transfers as we know it. 

Call the lawyers on Monday, let them battle it out, and concentrate on preseason. 

Never a truer word said. Very worrying turn of events completely undermining rules supposed to ensure at least some sort of payback for the investment of clubs into young players.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Incorrect. The dispute is irrelevant. Players up and down the country are currently in dispute, and many will walk on a free transfer. That is their right, and they have Mr Bosman to thank for that. 

What I’ve never seen is a club engineering a player contract expiry, whether in dispute or not, to avoid paying legally agreed compensation. 

How would Wednesday fans react if he signed for Leicester from Leuvan on Monday? I’m no expert here, but there’s nothing stopping them doing that? Wolves and Stoke did it last week with Afobe. 

The point about Afobe is a good one and the relationship between Stoke and Wolves needs investigating. If financial restrictions are being imposed on clubs to limit investment to ensure level playing field other forms of circumnavigation of rules have to be investigated. I think in Hirst case he did not actually receive offers his agent expected. The majority of stories linking him with other clubs were Agency inspired and a 5 year contract with Belgium 2nd division side is not something to get excited about.

No doubt Carlton Palmer will tell everyone stood at the bar in Dore & Totley Golf Club the whole true story very soon.

And he will of course be backed up by John Beresford. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Worth noting that Sheffield Wednesday have just seen their most valuable youngster ever developed at SWFC disappear for absolutely FREE because of a dispute.

Our most valuable youngster ever at SWFC

Gone.

For FREE

take the dispute out the equation, and the Hirst camp could still let the events unfurl as they have done, its the system which needs looking at.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

For me the personal argument is relevant because the Hirsts must agree to whatever deal is made. 

If there was a good feeling between Hirst and club, any deal intended to shaft us (that involved an ex captain) would be distasteful and avoided. 

They are not sociopaths. (and no I don't know them, I just understand people). 

There is a human level to this deal that you are ignoring. 

No he’s not. They could’ve won this argument with the chairman by walking  to one of a number of clubs without slapping everyone else associated with the club in the face. Their actions are disproportionate in my view further illustrated by the need to now play in Belgium rather than England 

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, Quist said:

The point about Afobe is a good one and the relationship between Stoke and Wolves needs investigating. If financial restrictions are being imposed on clubs to limit investment to ensure level playing field other forms of circumnavigation of rules have to be investigated. I think in Hirst case he did not actually receive offers his agent expected. The majority of stories linking him with other clubs were Agency inspired and a 5 year contract with Belgium 2nd division side is not something to get excited about.

So much baseless speculation being used to attack the Hirsts

Not just in this post but throughout the whole thread.

Throughout the whole saga the Hirsts have remained completely silent, even when David's reputation has been dragged through the mud

So much vitriol from Owls fans with very short memories

What a very sad reflection on our fans

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

No he’s not. They could’ve won this argument with the chairman by walking  to one of a number of clubs without slapping everyone else associated with the club in the face. Their actions are disproportionate in my view 

Disproportionate when taking what into account??

You know nothing of what happened, like the rest of us

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Throughout the whole saga the Hirsts have remained completely silent, even when David's reputation has been dragged through the mud

Baseless?

You don’t have to b@stard Poirot to work this one out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm pretty sure there were stories released from the Hirst side. 

I also recall John Beresford going on that Biggs show to slate us over the treatment of George. 

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Disproportionate when taking what into account??

You know nothing of what happened, like the rest of us

I don’t know what was said of course not. But based on what’s in the public domain that’s my opinion on it. 

If you genuinely think a move to Belgium was the only option and the best level of football he can be playing at in the next 12 months (legitimately) then fair dos. 

7 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

90% of posts in this thread are mindless vitriol against the Hirsts. 

2+2=5. 

• Haha 1