BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

6 minutes ago, jezek said:

He wants to play football and get as much wages as he can ( what’s wrong with that) 

if a job offer was coming your way I’m sure 90% of you would leave and go for money ...

him and his old man are Wednesdayites saw Hirst snr at forest away ...

football is business now ..

milan and chansari didn’t come here because we play in blue n white stripes ! 

oh we don’t cos mr tuna doesn’t like them and Milan has cashed out ! 

This could’ve been done in a manner where he gets that whilst we at least get compensation for his development. Even that wouldn’t have made it worthwhile but this move is all about shafting a club that has up until this point been synonymous with that family name. 

1 minute ago, jezek said:

Been an owl since 1984 ! 

Weve heard DC side nothing from GH so don’t be so judgemental 

No way has Hirst got a chance of being chosen over Fessi, Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall. 

It was either money related or first team football related, probably the latter. But we would have loaned Hirst out if he would have signed, this is fairly obvious. 

Been touting himself round premiership clubs since last summer (whilst under contract) and the best he can come up with is some shït house club as a stepping stone to Leicester.

Hope all the money and effort was worth it (and worth missing a year of football for).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Plenty of ways round it. Don't be so naive.  

:biggrin: Go on...

Bearing in mind he's signed a five year contract with OH Leuven, do you honestly think he's being paid thousands? The reality here is that if he doesn't kick on this next season then any interest Leicester (or any other Prem club) has in him will very quickly dry up and then OH Leuven will be left with a dud on an excessive wage. This is unlikely.

I doubt they're paying him any more than we were offering him.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If the club can learn anything don't let you best young players get into the last 6 months of their contract if they do sell them or they leave for free.

I think the club did offer Hirst a new deal since a year ago and he’s been refusing to sign it, and so the club probably did put him up for sale but other clubs realised they could get him on the cheap once his contract expired.  

But Hirsts and Leicester have done this dodgy deal, and it’s probably been there for a while 

Edited by Southie_Owl

But Wednesday is his club?

He’s a full weight c**t and I hope he sinks without trace. And his Father (who was my favourite player of all time) can also get f**ked. He’ll be able to tell the poor old Belgian blokes all his sh 1t sob stories about how he wished he’d signed for Man U. What a pair of w@nkers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If the club can learn anything don't let you best young players get into the last 6 months of their contract if they do sell them or they leave for free.

You keep harping about this, It's in the player's interest to run his contract down so he can command a better deal.  The club can't force a player to sign.

1 minute ago, Watson said:

You keep harping about this, It's in the player's interest to run his contract down so he can command a better deal.  The club can't force a player to sign.

Maybe 20 years ago, but football has moved on... the majority of clubs keep the majority of their young players under a contract that never gets shorter than 12/18 months, though they obviously tend to offer quite high wages to facilitate this

48 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Sounds like a perfect way to screw us on compensation.

Cheers Nigel, David and George...legends

Your ignoring the spiteful decision to refuse him any football for a year then? 

There are two sides to every story. 

If I had been offered much less than I was worth then denied any football for a year when I refuse it, I wouldn't be inclined to do the club any favours either. 

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

I think the club did offer Hirst a new deal since a year ago and he’s been refusing to sign it, and so the club probably did put him up for sale but other clubs realised they could get him on the cheap once his contract expired.  

Didn't we turn down £2m for Hirst from Leicester - I bet DC is wishing he took this now - but as has been said DC is learning - If Hirst does make it to the top of the game this could be a very very costly learning curve for DC and the club.

Not happy he has left but this is football  the reason the premiership Clubs are in the top flight is they fin ways to gt the best talent for the best prices.

I think Fulham got £500k for Dembele when he went to Celtic so don't think we will get anymore than a few £100k unless the Football league/FA step in as said this could set a very dangerous president for clubs and a way for the bigger teams with feeder clubs abroad to duck the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Yep I know but it only seem to be us making these mistakes - look across the city and see how much they make season in season out selling players that don't want to play for them

1 minute ago, BingleyOwl said:

Hang on a sec, is he even that good? 

Well we don’t even know this do we lol

What i’m peed off about is the way the Hirsts have gone about this and the pathetic lengths they appear to have gone to save a few quid and stick 2 fingers up at us.