BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The story WAS CORRECT in every way. As long ago as two years, David Hirst told ME, and nine others, in answer to a direct question of 'When will your George be signing full terms for us?', answered 'He'll NOT. Not if he listens to me.'. 

You're here at last!

@Geoffrey !!!

What do you make of this?

First hand experience. 

Names named.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The story WAS CORRECT in every way. As long ago as two years, David Hirst told ME, and nine others, in answer to a direct question of 'When will your George be signing full terms for us?', answered 'He'll NOT. Not if he listens to me.'. 

Think you need to explain it again... What did he say to you and when did he say it?

2 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

You're here at last!

@Geoffrey !!!

What do you make of this?

First hand experience. 

Names named.

Don't waste your time. 

He will just say that Buxtongent is lying or prattle on about something unrelated. 

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

I have zero issue with Leicester and teams like them buying players, then loaning them to a quasi feeder club. If this is what Leicester had done, Hirst would have gone with the majority of fans wishing him well. 

That would be understandable. I think when the Man U interest was in the paper most fans begrudgingly thought fair dos.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it or whether it’s left to set a precedent. 

22 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I honestly think he has been badly advised and is making a huge mistake. Even simple things like getting in the England youth squads will be much harder as he is completely out of sight of the coaches. I can’t think of a worse way to spend a year footballing wise than rotting on the bench next to big nige in Belgium ffs.

He has signed for 5 years with them. If he doesn’t do the business in year one he could well just be forgotten and Leicester won’t want him. 

I feel sorry for Hirst, I think his career is really on the line.

Agree that he’s been terribly advised. From touting himself round prem clubs last summer whilst under contract to ending up in the Belgian second division just to make a point. It’s not a good look for someone with zero experience and everything to prove.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out on loan to a League 1 club without ever kicking a ball for whatever his new club is called. 

The more you think about this deal, the worse it gets. It puts the whole academy system under threat.

Why should clubs bother with developing players if the Premier League moneymen can simply circumnavigate the deserved compensation by chucking a few 100k at Chicken Farmer FC in some European backwater. 

I honestly think Wednesday should seek legal advice on this one. It a backdoor version of 3rd party ownership. Never in a million years would an England Youth international join Leuvan if the intention wasn’t to join Leicester later on. Leicester may well pay £10m for Hirst in 18 months which would also address any FFP issues Leuvan may have and give them an unfair advantage in that league. 

It stinks. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Quist said:

That was my take on situation, it is important to keep a young player playing. For example Stobbs was excellent had injury and slowed down development and unfortunately when you have a long period not playing no guarantee you can catch up. Lonchar who looked excellent last year and since coming back has not done as well.  I think in latter case there was evidence in last few games he was getting form back. Hirst was dropped out of England team and failed to make Toulon tournament team. Think this illustrates damage done by not playing.

Despite not playing didn’t he come back for u23s and score? Not bad in those circumstances. I’d be amazed if the only option was for him to go and play in Belgium. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Agree that he’s been terribly advised. From touting himself round prem clubs last summer whilst under contract to ending up in the Belgian second division just to make a point. It’s not a good look for someone with zero experience and everything to prove.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out on loan to a League 1 club without ever kicking a ball for whatever his new club is called. 

Surely the goal of the owners it to get that club into the top Belgian division though. Pearson hasnt had a full season with them yet and they finished 6th. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

That would be understandable. I think when the Man U interest was in the paper most fans begrudgingly thought fair dos.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it or whether it’s left to set a precedent. 

I think Leicester would be a great club for him. Fair chance of 1st team football within a few years, if he progresses. That’s not the issue. 

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

It’s not weak, it’s a fact 

Anyway, who the others coming through?

I've given you one. I only go on what I read and they are still producing young kids representing their countries at their age level.

Tonight's Star mentions 3 of their young 'uns. If you want anymore I suggest you try a blunts forum.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think Leicester would be a great club for him. Fair chance of 1st team football within a few years, if he progresses. That’s not the issue. 

Yeah the same goes for Everton and Leicester, Man Utd etc. There would be a sense of unfairness at the compensation system generally and a frustration we didn’t play him to maximise it. But as you say what happened has turned it on it’s head.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Could you explain how that relates to what I said?

You are going on about how bad modern football is.

I can't remember many complaints about our foreign chairman splashing the cash or our Scooby Doobius sponsors,

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Further evidence of players used as bargaining chips and commodities. That petrescu article showed some insight into how agencies view their “clients” in that manner.