BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Report from a Belgian newspaper 

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180622_03575870

Oud-Heverlee Leuven records the talented English striker George Hirst for five years, subject to release. The 19-year-old striker takes over from the English Championship team Sheffield Wednesday on 1 July.

At the signing of the contract, Hirst says: "I am very pleased with my arrival at OHL. I can not wait to train and play under Nigel Pearson, a coach that I have always admired. My new club exudes ambition and you immediately notice that everyone here is determined to be successful with OHL. "

OHL coach Nigel Pearson adds: "George is a great reinforcement for a team that already had qualities. I am very happy that the club has been able to tie him. George is a talented player, who already presented nobility at Sheffield Wednesday and the English national youth teams. "

"With the recruitment of Jellert van Landschoot, Olivier Myny, Frédéric Duplus, Samy Kehli, Elliott Moore and now George, we are reinforcing our team again. I am convinced that our fans can look forward to an exciting season. "

Hirst has already taken an impressive course as an English youth international. He represented his country at the U17, U18, U19 and U20. Last summer, George was able to call herself a fellow scorer at the prestigious Toulon Tournament in France, which England won.

With his 1m91 Hirst is a big and strong striker who can also accelerate the game. These qualities, combined with a nose for goals, gave Hirst the reputation of being a great talent within the English youth series.

Hirst signed his first professional contract in March 2016 after completing the youth series at Sheffield Wednesday. The young striker made his debut in the first team in the English League Cup game on the field of Cambrigde United. In December 2016 his debut in the competition followed, when he dropped in late in the competition at Reading in the English second division.

The targeting of his favorite judge and his strong header game meant that in 2016-2017 Hirst found no less than 40 times the way to the networks for his club and for his country at youth level. That made him a coveted bride for many clubs.

He now gets the chance to show himself in the next campaign of the Proximus League, together with his new maats at OH Leuven. Coach Nigel Pearson, himself an ex-player of Sheffield Wednesday, wants to bring first-class football back to the King Power at Den Dreef Stadium.

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

You know I was resigned to losing him but for it to happen this way feels like a betrayal and to have 2 club legends involved or influential in the deal makes it even worse. 

This is football, which is now a business.

There is no place for loyalty. 

• Like 1

Found his level?........well someone had to.

But in all seriousness, even though it's a slap in the face for us, he's not ready for prem footy and might never be, so a spell in a crap division and see how he fairs seems logical to me.

Good move by Leicester, a no lose for them, but the Hirst family have gone down in my estimations.

Just now, torres said:

Why does this change that?

Do you think a Belgian 2nd division club have blown our offer out the water? Anything they're paying him has to go through their books and they're subject to FFP just as we are.

Like I've said many times

F*** the players, every single one of them

It's all about money these days, any player offered an extra couple of quid will be gone

It's all about the shirt for me, that's what I support

F*** you Nigel Pearson, F*** you David Hirst, and F*** you George Hirst

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Sounds like a perfect way to screw us on compensation.

Cheers Nigel, David and George...legends

And foook their owners Leicester when they transfer him back to UK for free further down the line. 

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Do you think a Belgian 2nd division club have blown our offer out the water? Anything they're paying him has to go through their books and they're subject to FFP just as we are.

They are owned by the billionaires that own Leicester  - i'm sure they can get round it 

Just now, cowl said:

Are they?

Pretty sure it's down to a league's governing body that determines whether there's any enforced FFP structure. It's also not like they need to worry about UEFA rules considering they're not in a European tournament.  

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He'll be a Leicester player in 12 months' time then

Quite incredible turn of events really... and yet simultaneously very predictable

I'd laugh my rounduns off if we got promoted and Leicester went down. 

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Plenty of ways round it. Don't be so naive.  

Just now, wilyfox said:

And foook their owners Leicester when they transfer him back to UK for free further down the line. 

Heaven forbid they part with 1m of the 160m they just earnt. That would’ve already been a saving from the 2m they thought he was worth. 

When even some “of you’re own” are up for shafting you for paltry amounts then football looks even uglier.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'd laugh my rounduns off if we got promoted and Leicester went down. 

I'd kiss your rounduns if that happened 

Think your rounduns may be safe tho pal 

Edited by torres
  • Haha 2