BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Just now, SiJ said:

Don't waste your time. 

He'll bemoan the fact that the club was willing to pay top dollar for proven pros and then on the other hand demand we break the bank to keep a 19-year-old with no track record in senior football. 

Yep, squeeze ourselves at both ends and upset the squad morale which is something we’d already made mistakes with.

3 minutes ago, Woozie said:

They are now you've backtracked.

How have I backtracked?

The club have let one of our best prospects run down his contract and leave for nowt.  That’s what you call a total balls up.

Thats pretty much what I posted ages ago before the likes of Watson and yourself started dissecting every single word of my posts.  That’s not what good quality debating is, IMO.

Guest Arcadianrocket
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Because you haven’t got one.

I am sure what Hirst was asking for was not breaking the bank.

Do you not think the money would have better sent on Hirst then paying crocks like Abdi and Mathias?

Guest Arcadianrocket

It's a shame our fans cannot wish him well and best of luck to the future. Especially as his dad is a legend.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's not...

I mean he was always leaving. 

Still - feels like a huge *f00k you*. 

Shows you how easy the "rules" can be circumvented. 

It does feel a bit like that.

I didn’t at first but eventually I agreed with the clubs stance of not playing Hirst at any level.  Why take up development time of somebody that isn’t going to sign?

So the club made the right move commercially. But, I’d say that felt a like a huge *f00k you* to George Hirst.

Wouldnt you?

You can’t expect it both ways.

1 minute ago, Arcadianrocket said:

So against Reading he what got 8 minutes? Laughable.

I asked you a question, in his previous appearances in the first team he had no impact on the game, you suggested it was because we weren’t playing to his strengths.

I asked you how confident you’d have been that the same manager would have changed how he was playing to accommodate Hirst had he been chosen him ahead of Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes to make him more affective whilst in the middle of a promotion battle.

Rather than answer the question you provide a “laughable” response. Pretty telling.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I asked you a question, in his previous appearances in the first team he had no impact on the game, you suggested it was because we weren’t playing to his strengths.

I asked you how confident you’d have been that the same manager would have changed how he was playing to accommodate Hirst had he been chosen him ahead of Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes to make him more affective whilst in the middle of a promotion battle.

Rather than answer the question you provide a “laughable” response. Pretty telling.

I believe given the same amount of game time Jordan Rhodes has had, George Hirst would have done better, Even in that Reading game you mentioned, he put himself about more then Rhdoes ever has done.

3 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Do you not think the money would have better sent on Hirst then paying crocks like Abdi and Mathias?

Bang on, we should be handing out first team contracts to all our youngsters!!!lol

• Haha 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

Bang on, we should be handing out first team contracts to all our youngsters!!!lol

Glad we agree on something,

It's a shame our fans cannot wish him well and best of luck to the future. Especially as his dad is a legend.

A club ‘legend’ and a kid who professes that Wednesday are his club have totally shafted said club. Oh yeah I’ll organise a just giving page and we can all have a f**king whip-round 

:carlos:

• Haha 2

"We have tried over and over again to negotiate to extend the contract of George Hirst but each offer has been turned down. We were categorically informed just before the closure of the transfer window in August 2017 that “George will not be signing a new deal at the club.”

Coincidentally, the notification that George would not be signing for SWFC came just over an hour after we had turned down an offer from a Premier League club for the permanent transfer of George’s registration.

Of course, this made us wonder if there were talks taking place with regards to George’s future which we were not party to"

Chansiri 

-----------------

Clubs been shafted. Modern football and all that. But still leaves a sour taste. 

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

David Hirst has been to a few functions in  the Sheffield area over the time this saga has dragged on,and stated to a fair few fans that asked the question why GH wouldnt sign a new contract,that it wasnt about money,and that the club had insisted on certain clauses

I believe given the same amount of game time Jordan Rhodes has had, George Hirst would have done better, Even in that Reading game you mentioned, he put himself about more then Rhdoes ever has done.

So you think Carlos would’ve changed his way of playing to accommodate Hirst, an unproven youngster rather than play proven performers at this level such as Winnall, Rhodes and Fletcher?

Ok then.lol

It doesn’t need to break the bank. If you set a wage structure whereby players of a certain age and status can only earn X you need to stick to it. Otherwise the rest of the squad wants more money too in comparison. 

Wednesday were right to stand firm against causing that kind of issue in my view as long as the offer was in line with what a decent championship youngster earns. It’s up to Hirst to then go and prove himself on loan and earn the money that way.

That of course leaves us open to the prem teams who could out bid us anyway even if we started chasing our tail and offered him 10k a week. But that’s where we are in the food chain. If he moved to Leicester for a decent wage and popped up in league one on loan it would rankle but make sense and taking the swfc specs off you can see that for what it is. But going to Belgium to prevent the club a fee is completely different. 

• Like 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

So you think Carlos would’ve changed his way of playing to accommodate Hirst, an unproven youngster rather than play proven performers at this level such as Winnall, Rhodes and Fletcher?

Ok then.lol

How does any young player get into a team, just wait for the old players to retire?

Maybe after JR 19th ineffective game in a row, Carlos may have thought hang on this guy knows where the back of the net is.