BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

42 minutes ago, dfoster said:

That isn't more likely tho is it? More likely he goes to Leicester and weds lose millions of pounds.

As has been said by someone else, forgive me for lacking enthusiasm for the young lad.

But if they are doing that, why shouldn’t they?

George Hirsts interest is to himself.

Nigel Pearsons interest is to himself. Which is best served by looking after his employer.

David Hirst’s interest is to his son.

George Hirst signed a contract at Wednesday and to my knowledge his commitment has never been questioned during that time.

He was then offered a contract and decided not to sign it.  He is perfectly entitled to do this.

Theyve done nothing illegal and have acted in their best commercial interest.

Really don’t understand why football fans think footballers should behave differently to the rest of the population.

Why on earth would George Hirst do something that’s not to his commercial advantage because it suits Wednesday?

Bizarre thought process on here.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It wasn't about game time - it was about money. 

It's a bit of both.

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Go to "account settings" and click the "change" button next to your display name. Don't mess it up, changes last for a year.

I'm gonna have to have a really good think. Get it right. 

You pick a legendary user name you think it's for life. 

Not that you're going to have to fly tip it in the dead of night 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hirstwhoscoredit will find any angle if it means he can take a dig at the club. 

We all know what's going on here and why he's heading off to the Belgium second division. 

How on earth have I had a go at the club?

The club offered him what they thought he was worth - as they should.

Hirst has decided he can get a better deal elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

But if they are doing that, why shouldn’t they?

George Hirsts interest is to himself.

Nigel Pearsons interest is to himself. Which is best served by looking after his employer.

David Hirst’s interest is to his son.

George Hirst signed a contract at Wednesday and to my knowledge his commitment has never been questioned during that time.

He was then offered a contract and decided not to sign it.  He is perfectly entitled to do this.

Theyve done nothing illegal and have acted in their best commercial interest.

Really don’t understand why football fans think footballers should behave differently to the rest of the population.

Why on earth would George Hirst do something that’s not to his commercial advantage because it suits Wednesday?

Bizarre thought process on here.

Because it's to our commercial disadvantage.

I support SWFC.. not the Hirst family.

Stop arguing yourself into a corner.

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How on earth have I had a go at the club?

The club offered him what they thought he was worth - as they should.

Hirst has decided he can get a better deal elsewhere.

He has. 

He and his advisers (plus Leicester) have probably also screwed our club out of a pretty decent amount of compensation. 

That's their prerogative (they haven't broken any rules), but don't expect people to be falling over themselves to applaud them for doing so. 

4 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

How do we know if he was not given a chance. Rashford was built like a boy but Man Utd played him. Many more examples. Doe not matter what he is built like if he scores goals at the regularity he does. The lad Brooks at pigs is even more built like a boy and look how they have handled him. You are the short sighted one if you think an 18 year old banging goals in for our U23s and England youth teams is going to be satisfied being so far behind certain players who were being picked on reputation.

We did play him and he didn’t look better than what we had. There was the option to go out on loan though wasn’t there and you already know that.

If he moved to a premier league side where would he go? On loan. 

Its not unusual for young players to have to do that to break into their first team. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

A move to Leeds, Everton or Leicester would’ve no doubt seen him loaned to League 1 or 2 for a season where he’d have been playing but he’d have been committing his future to either a Premier League club or huge Championship club, not signing the next 5 years of his life away to play in the Belgian second division.

If you think this is anything but a way of him going to Leicester via the back door then you are very naive my friend.

Well if it is, based on your logic in the first paragraph, that’s a good move for him isn’t it?

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, Bluesteel said:

We did play him and he didn’t look better than what we had. There was the option to go out on loan though wasn’t there and you already know that.

If he moved to a premier league side where would he go? On loan. 

Its not unusual for young players to have to do that to break into their first team. 

We played Thornily, Clare, Kirby etc - none of them have played for England.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It’ll do English lads some good to go abroad and experience a different culture.

It has nothing to do with him going abroad. 

It's a way of him getting a move to Leicester in a year or two. 

You're being deliberately obtuse.   

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He’ll be playing senior first team football.  It’s exactly what he needs, not sitting in Man Utd reserves.

Take your blue and white specs off.  Wednesday offered him less money than he could get elsewhere.  We’ve got 7 senior strikers.

I can’t see a single reason why he’d have wanted to sign for us.

How do you know he will be playing? How sh it is Belgium league 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He has. 

He and his advisers (plus Leicester) have probably also screwed our club out of a pretty decent amount of compensation. 

That's their prerogative (they haven't broken any rules), but don't expect people to be falling over themselves to applaud them for doing so. 

So I haven’t had a go at the club then?

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

It's the decision to refuse him any football to sign a contract that I object to. And clearly they also objected to it. 

It is a decision based on bad faith and it has been reciprocated. 

Things could have turned out very differently if he had signed the contract. the club hadnt done that. 

Its not a way to treat people. 

• Haha 1