BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

6 minutes ago, Prince said:

Hirst loyalty is to the bottle and nothing else that's why he ruined his career with us and if we are totally honest was no Alan Shearer due to that very fact.

He is trying to live his career again through his boy and fair play to him if it comes off he can hang up the mic on his after dinner sessions and live off the lad to supply him with ale.

I just don't get the hero worship I am afraid, he was a good player who could have been great if he had kept off the sauce and lost about 2 stone. In the early years he was better than Shearer but never looked after himself hence why one is a true legend and the other is only a fat bloke proping up the bar spouting what could have been at Man Utd.

Harsh, but all true.

Just now, Arcadianrocket said:

What a promotion battle 18 moths ago?

And tbh some of the strikers that had minutes did not exactly deserve them other them. He could have been made to feel more important then he has. Instead our fans get fixated on strikers who are past it and never going to improve us, yet the future has been allowed to just drift away.

You’ve literally just said we should’ve played him instead of signing Jordan Rhodes.

Check out the league table on 31st January 2017.... I think you’ll find we were in the top 6 fighting for promotion.

As for the rest of your post, I stand by the fact that no manager worth his salt would play an unproven kid who hadn’t impressed in the cup against lower league opposition ahead of one of the Championship all time top goal scorers, a proven international who’d played most of his career in the Premier League or Sam Winnall who’d scored freely during the first half of the season at Barnsley.

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Money and prestige is fleeting - honour, loyalty and integrity on the other hand is not. If Hirst Jnr would have looked after the latter the rest would haven taken care of itself. Doesn’t sound like a good platform to start from, his actions tell us everything we need to know about his motivation. Sadly for him, money is not the sole motivator for the TOP players. I can see it going only one way! 

Well put pal,

I recall Tony Simmons who hit 47 goals one season.....he finished up at Lincoln United!

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

You’ve literally just said we should’ve played him instead of signing Jordan Rhodes.

Check out the league table on 31st January 2017.... I think you’ll find we were in the top 6 fighting for promotion.

As for the rest of your post, I stand by the fact that no manager worth his salt would play an unproven kid who hadn’t impressed in the cup against lower league opposition ahead of one of the Championship all time top goal scorers, a proven international who’d played most of his career in the Premier League or Sam Winnall who’d scored freely during the first half of the season at Barnsley.

Yeah and playing him instead of JR, would not have weakened us. If anything it saves us 10 and wages, and keeps one of our hottest prospects.

Instead we do the opposite and well we all know how that has gone,

You still here people astonishingly on here saying JR needs more time. Well why could Hirst have not had that time we want to give to a grown man? Rhodes has played like a kid, so playing Hirst would not have weakened us,

41 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

So assuming this isn’t a stitch up and not a plan to get him into Leicester via the back door, do you think that moving to the Belgian second division is a better career move, playing in front of a handful of fans every week rather than going to one of the clubs he was linked with such as Leeds United, Everton, Leicester City or signing a new deal

at Wednesday?

Yes because he’ll play.

26 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Ive given my honest opinion on the situation.  I’ve stated absolutely nothing as a ‘fact’.

Your Watson appears to have taken my genuine singular opinion on the club’s handling of this whole mess, quite personally lol 

it would've been fine if you hadn't gone on to claim that your opinion was well documented and common knowledge.

Edited by Woozie

34 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Short Sighted. Maybe they felt competently disillusioned that they watched Rhodes week in week out not doing anything, whilst Hirst was regularly scoring.

He saw his path blocked by the signing of a past it striker and on the same day we signed Winnall.

That surely would have played a part in his decision.

Short sighted.... I think you’re blind.

Hirst did not look like he would score regularly at the time we were aiming for top 2 he was about 18 and built like a boy. They identified a programme for his development including a loan and he clearly didn’t want to stay.

If he wanted to move that’s his prerogative but if you’re suggesting this isn’t some way of taking a very public swipe at the club then you’re having a laugh. 

If it’s a simple case of wanting more money, furthering a career then you don’t need to go to Belgium to do that. If you want to troll your former employer then perhaps you do.

As it stands GH has had a season out of the game and now will likely need to spend a convincing amount of time in Belgium. Throwing the baby out with the bath water springs to mind as he could’ve played more football at a higher having signed up here and gone on loan. If he’s as good as they seem to reckon then he’d have no issue in getting that move eventually. 

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yes because he’ll play.

He could’ve played at Wednesday if he signed. 

If he didn’t want to do that he could’ve played for others in England without the need for Dr Evils Belgian dip 

Edited by Bluesteel

Just now, Arcadianrocket said:

Yeah and playing him instead of JR, would not have weakened us. If anything it saves us 10 and wages, and keeps one of our hottest prospects.

Instead we do the opposite and well we all know how that has gone,

You still here people astonishingly on here saying JR needs more time. Well why could Hirst have not had that time we want to give to a grown man? Rhodes has played like a kid, so playing Hirst would not have weakened us,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing AFTER the event.

George Hirst did nothing in the cup at Cambridge. There’s an argument to say Sam Winnall should’ve been starting ahead of Jordan Rhodes but to say George Hirst, an unproven kid would've had a bigger impact on the first team than Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher is just silly and had Carlos chosen Hirst ahead of those 3, fans would’ve thought he’d lost the plot.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, Bluesteel said:

Short sighted.... I think you’re blind.

Hirst did not look like he would score regularly at the time we were aiming for top 2 he was about 18 and built like a boy. They identified a programme for his development including a loan and he clearly didn’t want to stay.

If he wanted to move that’s his prerogative but if you’re suggesting this isn’t some way of taking a very public swipe at the club then you’re having a laugh. 

If it’s a simple case of wanting more money, furthering a career then you don’t need to go to Belgium to do that. If you want to troll your former employer then perhaps you do.

As it stands GH has had a season out of the game and now will likely need to spend a convincing amount of time in Belgium. Throwing the baby out with the bath water springs to mind as he could’ve played more football at a higher having signed up here and gone on loan. If he’s as good as they seem to reckon then he’d have no issue in getting that move eventually. 

How do we know if he was not given a chance. Rashford was built like a boy but Man Utd played him. Many more examples. Doe not matter what he is built like if he scores goals at the regularity he does. The lad Brooks at pigs is even more built like a boy and look how they have handled him. You are the short sighted one if you think an 18 year old banging goals in for our U23s and England youth teams is going to be satisfied being so far behind certain players who were being picked on reputation.

Guest wilyfox

If the lad wants to play elsewhere..fair enough. If he was holding out for more money..his prerogative. What leaves a sour taste is two former highly regarded players conspiring to shaft us. Legends my arsehole. Hirst & Pearson are dead to me. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he ends us plying his trade in the conference in the not to distant future. 

To be fair the Belgium Second division has similar gates to the conference 

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

9 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Me too!!! 

If anyone knows how to change it I'd appreciate them letting me know how.

Go to "account settings" and click the "change" button next to your display name. Don't mess it up, changes last for a year.

1 minute ago, Arcadianrocket said:

How do we know if he was not given a chance. Rashford was built like a boy but Man Utd played him. Many more examples. Doe not matter what he is built like if he scores goals at the regularity he does. The lad Brooks at pigs is even more built like a boy and look how they have handled him. You are the short sighted one if you think an 18 year old banging goals in for our U23s and England youth teams is going to be satisfied being so far behind certain players who were being picked on reputation.

It wasn't about game time - it was about money. 

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yes because he’ll play.

A move to Leeds, Everton or Leicester would’ve no doubt seen him loaned to League 1 or 2 for a season where he’d have been playing but he’d have been committing his future to either a Premier League club or huge Championship club, not signing the next 5 years of his life away to play in the Belgian second division.

If you think this is anything but a way of him going to Leicester via the back door then you are very naive my friend.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing AFTER the event.

George Hirst did nothing in the cup at Cambridge. There’s an argument to say Sam Winnall should’ve been starting ahead of Jordan Rhodes but to say George Hirst, an unproven kid would've had a bigger impact on the first team than Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher is just silly and had Carlos chosen Hirst ahead of those 3, fans would’ve thought he’d lost the plot.

Not really. Cannot judge Hirst on one game that he may have had nerves for, whenever one of the other so called strikers has a bad game, it's everyone else fault but his,so against Cambridge maybe we didn't play to Hirst strengths.