BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

A five year loan to Leicester then. 

Don't think that'd shock anybody.

Tell you what an all...

That £500k compensation Leicester saved will probably have made a nice little signing on fee...

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Ive given my honest opinion on the situation.  I’ve stated absolutely nothing as a ‘fact’.

Your Watson appears to have taken my genuine singular opinion on the club’s handling of this whole mess, quite personally lol 

Think that is the problem you didn't state it as opinion. Believe your words were "common Knowledge" inferring it as a fact which everyone knew.

given Leicester's wealth at the moment I doubt they would go to such extents to save 1 or 2 million

plenty of people are going to hoover up some extras doing it this way though

"In September 2016, OH Leuven were caught up in an ongoing scandal affecting football in England. In relation to allegations made against individuals within English football, OH Leuven chairman Jimmy Houtput was alleged to have offered up the club as a "conduit" to allow third-party companies to gain ownership of football players in England.[2] Houtput claimed he was "merely trying to obtain the identity of the possible investor(s) and would never take part in illegal activities to circumvent the third-party ownership", but subsequently resigned as OH Leuven chairman on 30 September.[3] Later that same season, with the club struggling financially, OH Leuven was taken over by the King Power International Group lead by Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha who already owns Leicester City.[4]""

David Hirst has totally gone down im my esteem,we invested a lot in this kid and got him to the attention of England.

Same with LCFC,theyve potentially rinsed us,with an underhand move to avoid any fee or sell on clause.

I really do hope we push the young bulgarian lad on now

Edited by legendaryswan

Guest Arcadianrocket

It's very short sighted of everyone to sit there and blame George Hirst here. He is not 16 or 17, he's been banging goals in for fun at U23 and U18 level.

Any other championship side he is in and around the first team with us he just kept seeing experienced strikers bought in.

3 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Maybe they should have played him then, instead of spunk 10 million plus on Rhodes and Winnall and also hand a past it Fletcher a 4 year deal.

Oh yeah,, but Hirst needs to worried about us not getting 500k

Yes because whilst in the midst of a promotion battle you’re better playing a youngster who didn’t really impress against Cambridge rather than 3 proven performers at Championship level and above. :ghoulguy:

41 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

David Hirst’s loyalty is to his son not Wednesday.

As it should be.

And as mine would be in the same situation.

He’s gone somewhere where he’ll be getting more money and will most likely get first team football.

cracking move for the lad, good luck to him.

Hirst loyalty is to the bottle and nothing else that's why he ruined his career with us and if we are totally honest was no Alan Shearer due to that very fact.

He is trying to live his career again through his boy and fair play to him if it comes off he can hang up the mic on his after dinner sessions and live off the lad to supply him with ale.

I just don't get the hero worship I am afraid, he was a good player who could have been great if he had kept off the sauce and lost about 2 stone. In the early years he was better than Shearer but never looked after himself hence why one is a true legend and the other is only a fat bloke proping up the bar spouting what could have been at Man Utd.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

There's been been a bloke on this forum telling us for a year that he heard from Hirst snr first hand the kid wouldn't be signing whatever we offered. 

Can't remember the posters name. 

Buxtongent...I believe

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Maybe they should have played him then, instead of spunk 10 million plus on Rhodes and Winnall and also hand a past it Fletcher a 4 year deal.

Oh yeah,, but Hirst needs to worried about us not getting 500k

We played Hirst a couple of times and bearing in mind we wanted promotion he wasn’t ready. 

The season gone he was due out on loan and that was with a view to using him this coming season at which point the likes of Hooper are into their final year. There is nothing out of order about that process.

However, he obviously decided that wasn’t for him and it is from that point that it starts to go south. 

Guest Arcadianrocket
3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes because whilst in the midst of a promotion battle you’re better playing a youngster who didn’t really impress against Cambridge rather than 3 proven performers at Championship level and above. :ghoulguy:

What a promotion battle 18 moths ago?

And tbh some of the strikers that had minutes did not exactly deserve them. He could have been made to feel more important then he has. Instead our fans get fixated on strikers who are past it and never going to improve us, yet the future has been allowed to just drift away.

Edited by Arcadianrocket

3 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

It's very short sighted of everyone to sit there and blame George Hirst here. He is not 16 or 17, he's been banging goals in for fun at U23 and U18 level.

Any other championship side he is in and around the first team with us he just kept seeing experienced strikers bought in.

That golden touch can soon disapear,we dont have to look far to know that.

We tried to manage him the right way,lets see if he gets first team action in belgium

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

This bit is key for me.

It was obvious George was going, he wanted a wage we couldn’t give him and he was going to go somewhere he could get it.

That’s fair enough and I was looking forward to it being confirmed so everyone would stop banging on about him. We’d get some decent compo for him and that would be that.

What has come out today however and the way it appears on the face of it that a Premier League club and my all time favourite player and a club legend have screwed the club over and that’s what is most disappointing, especially considering the situation we find ourselves in with FFP.

A nice big 2 fingers from the Hirsts to the club and in turn the fans today.

Quality.

Precisely this.

Not got a problem with anyone wanting to make as much money as possible but this takes thepiss.

Genuinely hope the littlecunt gets a career ender and his dad and Pearson are both hounded out of Sheffield and never set foot in Hillsborough again.

A serious fuckyou to the club and us fans.

4 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Think that is the problem you didn't state it as opinion. Believe your words were "common Knowledge" inferring it as a fact which everyone knew.

I think that’s called over analysing semantics and looking for something that isn’t there.

The whole situation is a total c0ck up.  And the club haven’t covered themselves in glory IMO.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

That golden touch can soon disapear,we dont have to look far to know that.

We tried to manage him the right way,lets see if he gets first team action in belgium

Our track record with bringing young players through tells me everything I need to know here.

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

David Hirst has totally gone down im my esteem,we invested a lot in this kid and got him to the attention of England.

Same with LCFC,theyve potentially rinsed us,with an underhand move to avoid any fee or sell on clause.

I really do hope we push the young bulgarian lad on now

Agree. We all knew he was going and would have accepted it.

But to do the football transfer version of tax avoidance, leaves an extremely bitter taste in my mouth towards Hirst snr and Leicester.

As a side note, Leceister the team that got away with FFP before it came in, as they did with the administration penalties. Weird accented tw@ts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

There's a world of difference though.

Did you not see the youth Cup game against Chelsea (most of who's lads were playing up a year or two) Colley and Chalobah never gave him a sniff. And they're kids themselves.  

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, DEH9 said:

There's a world of difference though.

Did you not see the youth Cup game against Chelsea (most of who's lads were playing up a year or two) Colley and Chalobah never gave him a sniff. And they're kids themselves.  

I did and I thought Hirst looked woeful.

Money and prestige is fleeting - honour, loyalty and integrity on the other hand is not. If Hirst Jnr would have looked after the latter the rest would haven taken care of itself. Doesn’t sound like a good platform to start from, his actions tell us everything we need to know about his motivation. Sadly for him, money is not the sole motivator for the TOP players. I can see it going only one way!