BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

And what about the man who stopped young Hirst training with his team mates or playing football?

We're not talking about Trump and the babies in cages here mate. He's a young man who got into a contractual dispute not a baby.

Now why has he signed for this Belgian team? Surely not to be party to some plan to rip off Weds for millions of pounds? I am sure it must be coz he wants to play in the Belgian second division rather than in the Champ for us as we have offered.

• Like 1

Just now, Watson said:

A player wants to leave, his advisors have put in place an exit strategy and you blame Chansiri, what exactly could he have done?

Paid the player unlimited amounts?  Let him dictate where and when he plays?  

How would you persuade a player who doesn't want to stay to stay?  I bet you couldn't do it.

I think it’s been well documented that the club’s hierarchy haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over this saga.

2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

We're not talking about Trump and the babies in cages here mate. He's a young man who got into a contractual dispute not a baby.

Now why has he signed for this Belgian team? Surely not to be party to some plan to rip off Weds for millions of pounds? I am sure it must be coz he wants to play in the Belgian second division rather than in the Champ for us as we have offered.

Millions of pounds? He was out of contract.

After how he was treated why would he want to sign another contract with us?

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

David Hirst’s loyalty is to his son not Wednesday.

As it should be.

And as mine would be in the same situation.

He’s gone somewhere where he’ll be getting more money and will most likely get first team football.

cracking move for the lad, good luck to him.

It's not a cracking move for the lad tho is it? If it had been Man Utd or Everton then yes - but this is a move to the Belgian second division. 

He'd have been better in our squad in the Champ all day long. He's clearly gone for a big pay day. That is not necessarily the same thing as a good move.

Look what Jos did with a number of our players? He could have brought Hirst on a treat at a high level in his home town for his favourite club. Surely that's better on any view? 

But if you all care about is short term financial gain ....

Just now, S36 OWL said:

What angers me most, is not George leaving, its the fact two ex players who were hero worshiped at Hillsbro have shafted us big time. 

"Shafted"?

There's other ex-players who are shocked at how young George was treated.

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Millions of pounds? He was out of contract.

After how he was treated why would he want to sign another contract with us?

Tribunal fee plus sell on. Could easily be several million.

I am starting to think he's just not that good. If One of the big boys had wanted him this ludicrous Belgian thing wouldn't have been dreamt of.

Just now, dfoster said:

It's not a cracking move for the lad tho is it? If it had been Man Utd or Everton then yes - but this is a move to the Belgian second division. 

He'd have been better in our squad in the Champ all day long. He's clearly gone for a big pay day. That is not necessarily the same thing as a good move.

Look what Jos did with a number of our players? He could have brought Hirst on a treat at a high level in his home town for his favourite club. Surely that's better on any view? 

But if you all care about is short term financial gain ....

He’ll be playing senior first team football.  It’s exactly what he needs, not sitting in Man Utd reserves.

Take your blue and white specs off.  Wednesday offered him less money than he could get elsewhere.  We’ve got 7 senior strikers.

I can’t see a single reason why he’d have wanted to sign for us.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

David Hirst’s loyalty is to his son not Wednesday.

As it should be.

And as mine would be in the same situation.

He’s gone somewhere where he’ll be getting more money and will most likely get first team football.

cracking move for the lad, good luck to him.

Bang on, David Hirst will and SHOULD do what is best for his son.

Being a footballer is a short career and George Hirst understandably wants to earn what he can while he can... absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

None of the above is an issue for me.

What I have a problem with is the fact that he hasn’t signed for Leicester, that between them it appears that Hirst Junior, Hirst Senior and Leicester City have cooked up a way of taking Hirst from the club that developed him for a pittance in order to screw the club out of the compensation they are rightly owed.

Between them it appears that they have taken a huge collective dump on Sheffield Wednesday when there was no need to.

A club they have both claimed they were fans of in the past.

As I say, no problem with George wanting to further his career or earn more money, I have a real problem with what appears to be a deliberate attempt to s**t on the club.

Forgive me if I don’t wish young George well for the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Tribunal fee plus sell on. Could easily be several million.

I am starting to think he's just not that good. If One of the big boys had wanted him this ludicrous Belgian thing wouldn't have been dreamt of.

All alternatively, he's actually better than we think and two ex-Wednesday legends have conspired to cash in big time with Wednesday left to suck eggs. Who knows?