BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Can understand that they’re on bad terms with Chansiri, but the fact that young Hirst has done this to his team mates, coaches and fans that have been supporting him through the years really speaks volumes of his character. 

As for his dad who’s been affiliated with this club for the best part of thirty years. A hero. A legend. And such a little man. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

And then his other mate from Leicester walks into shot for a pip an all.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

With your favourite record playing in the background

And the she says... stick it in my Ärsé....

She never let you stick it in her Årsé

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Maybe I know it’s all about going Leicester eventually but can’t help but feel we have been massively ripped off 

Aye, it looks as though we’ve been ripped off.

Wouldn’t be surprised if young Hirst is getting the salary he wanted at this tinpot club in Belgium and of course a nice free agent signing fee - funded by Leicester -and he’ll eventually end up at Leicester and enjoy another decent signing fee.

Fees paid for that would have otherwise come to Wednesday in compensation.

Leicester win. No mark Belgium team win. Hirst wins. Wednesday lose.

5 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

And the she says... stick it in my Ärsé....

She never let you stick it in her Årsé

Never let us stick it anywhere. Not without getting that Gucci handbag. 

Thing is. She said she loved us for who we were. 

But now, whoring her sen out to some Belgian bloke. While her mother looks on. Bribed on cheap prosecco. 

• Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

22 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Are we even sure this is legal? Has it been done befrir? Sets a very worrying precedent that the ultra rich PL club can shaft a Championship club like that. If he moves to Leicester later, surely there must be some kind of compensation. 

The football world won’t pay much notice, though.  

If this is the standard that Prem teams are allowed to conduct their affairs to, it’s high time that parachute payments were done away with.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Aye, it looks as though we’ve been ripped off.

Wouldn’t be surprised if young Hirst is getting the salary he wanted at this tinpot club in Belgium and of course a nice free agent signing fee - funded by Leicester -and he’ll eventually end up at Leicester and enjoy another decent signing fee.

Fees paid for that would have otherwise come to Wednesday in compensation.

Leicester win. No mark Belgium team win. Hirst wins. Wednesday lose.

It’s the Wednesday way 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Your ignoring the spiteful decision to refuse him any football for a year then? 

There are two sides to every story. 

If I had been offered much less than I was worth then denied any football for a year when I refuse it, I wouldn't be inclined to do the club any favours either. 

Like George Hirst my dad played for Wednesday, nowhere near the hero status that David Hirst got. Like George Hirst I was brought up a Wednesdayite & like George Hirst I dreamt of playing for Wednesday but while the blue & white blood was passed on by my dad the footballing ability wasn't. 

If I'd had the fortune to have the ability & get to George's position I can tell you now without a shadow of a doubt that I would have signed any professional contract with the club never mind one better than any of his piers. The pride & the excitement of achieving my boyhood dream & seeing the pride in my dad's eyes would far outway any monetary concerns.

I'm sorry but when George Hirst said I'm a Wednesdayite & all I want to do is play for Wednesday he's taking the pi$$. A true blooded Wednesdayite living the dream wouldn't do what he's done.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

If he does end end up at Leicester then surely we have a lawful right to raise this with the FL / FA and seek compensation. 

I think so. Everton are paying Watford 8m for Silva even tho he was technically a free agent when they appointed him. I don't think it's as easy as this to take the mickey out the rules (But perhaps I am naive)

Even if it's ok technically it's a v poor way to carry on and for the Hirsts to be party to a deliberate contrivance designed to rip off Sheff Weds shows them both in their true light.

I don't understand how the club have been completely absolved of any blame with this whole mess. I've seen posts on social media claiming we'd have got £5 million if he'd gone straight to Leicester. This was a player who was 8th choice striker under Carlos, he played one game and then we banned him for a season. We had an opportunity to get the money last summer, but instead chose to try and make a point, or assumed he'd cave.

So maybe he's a greedy barsteward, maybe he got badly advised but if the club had no intention of playing him this year (and which player is going to sign a contract after being threatened to lose a year of their career), then DC should have taken whatever he could get and we could have moved on a year ago. 

1 minute ago, BFR said:

I don't understand how the club have been completely absolved of any blame with this whole mess. I've seen posts on social media claiming we'd have got £5 million if he'd gone straight to Leicester. This was a player who was 8th choice striker under Carlos, he played one game and then we banned him for a season. We had an opportunity to get the money last summer, but instead chose to try and make a point, or assumed he'd cave.

So maybe he's a greedy barsteward, maybe he got badly advised but if the club had no intention of playing him this year (and which player is going to sign a contract after being threatened to lose a year of their career), then DC should have taken whatever he could get and we could have moved on a year ago. 

5 mill?? We got offered peanuts around £1 mill for a young promising player who had been scoring for fun in the youth teams and England. Dam right we rejected it.