BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Are we even sure this is legal? Has it been done befrir? Sets a very worrying precedent that the ultra rich PL club can shaft a Championship club like that. If he moves to Leicester later, surely there must be some kind of compensation. 

The football world won’t pay much notice, though.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Personally I'm just looking forward with optimism to the new season. To me now he's merely an ex- academy player and son of an ex player; no more, no less. 

Fair to say though that Dad's standing in the eyes of many, many Wednesdayites will have nose dived massively; rightly or wrongly. 

Aye, and Biggsy had better sack the Ale Cart from that Ref show, or I'll not be watching it again.

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Sorry if this has already been suggested...

But I'd expect him to be loaned straight to Leicester before the season starts.. no way will he play for this supposed club he's signed for.

He won't be loaned to Leicester,  as he'll be nowhere near their first team.

Expect this Belgian side to mysteriously loan their hot young prospect coup of a signing to a lower league English team to continue his development (if it wasn't a bent deal they'd have absolutely no reason to do this - unless they come up with some bs excuse like homesickness). Then he'll be free transferred to Leicester in one of the next two transfer windows.  

Edited by alanharper
typo

1 minute ago, Shezza said:

Are we even sure this is legal? Has it been done befrir? Sets a very worrying precedent that the ultra rich PL club can shaft a Championship club like that. If he moves to Leicester later, surely there must be some kind of compensation. 

The football world won’t pay much notice, though.  

I believe the best you can say is - it's unethical.

But then a side that goes into admin and shafts suppliers at a whim won't mind being unethical.

I expect it of the Hirsts as the matter got too bitter and personal - it's Pearson i can't work out. Club captain and he resorts to this absolute snake-behavior. 

All we now need is Sheridan to be name GH's new agent to cap it off.

It's like you've been wooing a young bird, buying her loads of drinks. Splashing the cash on gifts left right and centre like Marcus Tandy on Eldorado.

Taking her out to all the posh restaurants. 

Eventually she moves in. But stays in the spare room.

Yer doing all the overtime you can you provide the lot.

Then one days she's gone and your wounded.

You sit down dejected and grab an ale and sit to mooch , then you realise she took yer record collection and the stereo an all. And her mother has stole the rest of your cans

You sit dejectedly on the settee playing on yer phone. 

Then your mate texts you that all your records are on Ebay.

Or sumat.

Edited by DEH9
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

wonder if daddy will allow young hirst a beer to celebrate or the fat f*ck will drink him himself.

glad the greedy f**kers have gone and hope we never hear of them again

Mate.. your last two posts have given me the right proper giggles.

I needed that after the crap day I've had!

18 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Don’t know why people are surprised. It was obvious for 12 months if not longer he was going abroad to avoid clubs having to pay for him.

The Leicester link is the thing. If he’d gone to a decent side abroad to better himself then it would still be debatable whether it was fair on the club but it would make sense from a career perspective. Not a second tier Belgian side.

The only thing legend about this bleeding club is the fans.

Take a bow fellas, you’re what makes this club what it is, said it many times.

Bloody love all of you.

Through thick and thin. Through desperate times, and enjoying the reward of better times, we’ll always have each other. It’s all that matters. Screw the thick *****who have blotted their copybooks. Just let it go and move on.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

It's like you've been wooing a young bird, buying her loads of drinks. Splashing the cash on gifts left right and centre like Marcus Tandy on Eldorado.

You sit down dejected and grab an ale and sit to mooch , then you realise took yer record collection and the stereo an all. 

Or sumat.

And then your mate sends you a video of your bird sucking his d!(k...

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

You sit down dejected and grab an ale and sit to mooch , then you realise she took yer record collection and the stereo an all. And her mother has stole the rest of your cans

Or sumat.

There is a thread about this from Rebel Yell and Neil.  Beats Eastenders and Corro. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Premiership Champions from a couple of years back is a team of note. Surely people can see through this. 

There’s also more to this story. 

I don't disagree that Leicester are behind this. But I stick to my point. Don't forget there are very few people on here who would have seen Hirst on a regular basis, whereas all the top scouts would have done if he was rated so highly.

Yeah, he had an impressive season with regard to goals the other year, but I believe I'm right in thinking that Caolan Lavery was Ipswich's record youth team goalscorer once upon a time... I for one won't lose any sleep over this, it was only the legend of his father that peaked mine and many other of our fans interest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

And then your mate sends you a video of your bird sucking his d!(k...

And then his other mate from Leicester walks into shot for a pip an all.

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.