BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 hour ago, torres said:

Not £5m no maybe not - but looking at previous youth internationals with no league games behind them it would be over £1m.

Leicester can now get him for nothing - plus he could have a year under Pearson to get him - if he scores goals they could have a £5m player for nothing.

That's football ain't it. sure when we are in such position we will be doing the same.

26 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

George Hirst hasn't done anything wrong really when you look at it. He's let his contract run down and the club haven't given him a new contract he feels he's worth. It happens all the time at other clubs.

If he wasn't the son of David then not as much would be made of it. We failed to give him any game time under Carlos and it was clearly in that time where he made his decision to leave.

Let's all move on, it's tiresome.

If it was as simple as that he wouldn’t be going to a Belgian club owned by Leicester (more or less). I think it was accepted he’d move on, we’d get something and that would be it. But this is different and he’s played his part in it

Edited by Bluesteel

No point in harbouring a grudge on this. We have known for a number of months that young Hirst would not sign another contract with us, that was very clear.

Lets hope that our young Bulgarian hotshot signs his newly offered contract and makes a massive impact with us. He may be a better prospect in the long term.

4 minutes ago, jellybean said:

If I was at a firm and gave them 3 months notice I'm pretty sure they'd give me all the s hit sites to visit for the next few months

Exactly as i said when it all kicked off. If you gave your boss 3 months notice and then said ive seen a training course that will make me do my job better at my next job and therefore benefit them. What do you think he would say? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

If it was as simple as that he wouldn’t be going to a Belgian club owned by Leicester (more or less). I think it was accepted he’d move on, we’d get something and that would be it. But this is different and he’s played his part in it

It is as simple as that. Anybody thinking there's any loyalty in football is crazy. Since money arrived in the game that's the only driving force. It's not the fault of George Hirst that the rules are wrong in the game.

1 minute ago, Whatahoot said:

No point in harbouring a grudge on this. We have known for a number of months that young Hirst would not sign another contract with us, that was very clear.

Lets hope that our young Bulgarian hotshot signs his newly offered contract and makes a massive impact with us. He may be a better prospect in the long term.

We didn't know that he and his dad were going to conspire to screw the club out of any compensation money though. It feels like pure spite on their part.

Actually think this shows Hirst is not as good as many of us thought. Obviously no good offers have come in from the big clubs and is going to be playing in very poor league which is probably at best league 2 level. It is clear whatever happened increased bad feeling to a level that would not heal. If fails in that league career over.

With regard to using a foreign club in same ownership to circumvent rules I do not think this would go unnoticed and sure their would be some sort of punishment.

Very sad situation and a lesson to others who refuse reasonable offers.

This whole farce is over and I could not be more delighted.

The fact that Wednesday have been shafted will actually align fans with the club now too I hope.

Move on, move upwards.    With people at the club who want to be there and who will pull in the right direction.

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

This whole farce is over and I could not be more delighted.

The fact that Wednesday have been shafted will actually align fans with the club now too I hope.

Move on, move upwards.    With people at the club who want to be there and who will pull in the right direction.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, snaykz said:

We didn't know that he and his dad were going to conspire to screw the club out of any compensation money though. It feels like pure spite on their part.

This bit is key for me.

It was obvious George was going, he wanted a wage we couldn’t give him and he was going to go somewhere he could get it.

That’s fair enough and I was looking forward to it being confirmed so everyone would stop banging on about him. We’d get some decent compo for him and that would be that.

What has come out today however and the way it appears on the face of it that a Premier League club and my all time favourite player and a club legend have screwed the club over and that’s what is most disappointing, especially considering the situation we find ourselves in with FFP.

A nice big 2 fingers from the Hirsts to the club and in turn the fans today.

Quality.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Unless we know exactly what was said by whom and how it all unfolded I can only go on what we know. The aim was to keep him, that failed. A simple transfer elsewhere as a result of a fall out/I’ll treatment would’ve seen them get what they want and Wednesday paid a fraction of his potential value. What has actually happened is overkill from them and any sympathy has dissapeared.

We know that he was refused a loan move and refused football. 

If that was done to you as a means of forcing you to sign, would it make you more or less inclined to do so? . 

I know if it were me it would just make me think 'f%ck you too then'

It was a terrible decision by DC to do that. 

• Thanks 1