Rhodes to Norwich

10 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Clubs take risks when buying strikers.  He is still a good age and historically has a good record in this league.  If it came off for them and he scored 25 goals next season and he fired Norwich to promotion it is a gamble well worth taking.  

For the record, I don’t rate Rhodes as a footballer and I didn’t want him in the first place.  He certainly doesn’t fit our style.  

Key word in your post is historically.

Also, you say that you don’t rate Rhodes (who does after the last 18 months) but in the same post talk hypothetically about him potentially scoring 25 goals and firing a club to promotion - that makes no sense at all.

There’s no way that we are recouping anywhere near half the transfer fee that we paid Middlesbrough if/when we do manage to offload Rhodes - completely unrealistic IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Also, you say that you don’t rate Rhodes (who does after the last 18 months) but in the same post talk hypothetically about him potentially scoring 25 goals and firing a club to promotion - that makes no sense at all.

There’s no way that we are recouping anywhere near half the transfer fee that we paid Middlesbrough if/when we do manage to offload Rhodes - completely unrealistic IMO.

Read all my previous posts about Rhodes - I don’t rate the guy at all. I don’t think he brings anything to the table as he cant lead the line, has no pace or strength or cant link play. What he does give you is predatory instincts in the box.  Even that has deserted him recently.

However, my own personal feelings about Jordan Rhodes doesn’t necessarily mean that another club in the championship will pay £6m for him.  I wouldn’t be surprised at all given strikers go for a premium and clubs are desperate for players who score goals and win matches.  There is a clear difference here - what my feelings are and what other clubs are daft enough to do.

Jordan Rhodes will definitely leave this summer, whether this is on a permanent basis or loan remains to be seen.  If it is permanent, it wont be for anything less than £5m, likely to be £6m

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Read all my previous posts about Rhodes - I don’t rate the guy at all. I don’t think he brings anything to the table as he cant lead the line, has no pace or strength or cant link play. What he does give you is predatory instincts in the box.  Even that has deserted him recently.

However, my own personal feelings about Jordan Rhodes doesn’t necessarily mean that another club in the championship will pay £6m for him.  I wouldn’t be surprised at all given strikers go for a premium and clubs are desperate for players who score goals and win matches.  There is a clear difference here - what my feelings are and what other clubs are daft enough to do.

Jordan Rhodes will definitely leave this summer, whether this is on a permanent basis or loan remains to be seen.  If it is permanent, it wont be for anything less than £5m, likely to be £6m

Id be staggered if we manage to recoup that much.

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes.

See page one.

You can't beat a good old-fashioned homophone-based pun, eh?

Exactly, I’d have been disappointed if it wasn’t on page one and equally so if a B road had been suggested... lol

• Haha 1

Just now, The Captain said:

Id be staggered if we manage to recoup that much.

Right now, I am leaning towards that he will go out on loan.  One thing for sure is that Chansiri will negotiate a good fee if a Club wants to buy.  He’s going though - he’s about 6th in the pecking order and quite clearly not in Jos’ plans.

24 minutes ago, The Captain said:

We would need to recoup 6 million odd at least because of the way FFP works otherwise we would be on a loss in this 3 year period. 

And let's face it if rumours are true we are even struggling to get anyone to pay his wages in full on a loan deal letalone a fee on top of that.

This don't end well for us I don't think. By that I mean he goes and we practically loan him out for nothing or we keep him and Jos give him a few cup games and the odd sub appearance.

If I can offer one glimmer of hope though it will be Norwich have just got 25m.

Lets hope they want to spend some of it on a striker 

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Right now, I am leaning towards that he will go out on loan.  One thing for sure is that Chansiri will negotiate a good fee if a Club wants to buy.  He’s going though - he’s about 6th in the pecking order and quite clearly not in Jos’ plans.

My guess is a season long loan deal with agreed move for about 6 million next summer.

33 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We would need to recoup 6 million odd at least because of the way FFP works otherwise we would be on a loss in this 3 year period. 

And let's face it if rumours are true we are even struggling to get anyone to pay his wages in full on a loan deal letalone a fee on top of that.

This don't end well for us I don't think. By that I mean he goes and we practically loan him out for nothing or we keep him and Jos give him a few cup games and the odd sub appearance.

If I can offer one glimmer of hope though it will be Norwich have just got 25m.

Lets hope they want to spend some of it on a striker 

Any deal to get him off the books would be a good one. FFP is not cut and dried it depends on forward plans so if sold would be good thing tired of reading that selling him would make us worse off it would not.

51 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

My guess is a season long loan deal with agreed move for about 6 million next summer.

Next summer he would only have 1 year left on his contract. We would be lucky to get £2m unless he scores double digits this season. 

A thread about our record signing potentially leaving - 6 pages (padded out by people talking about holidays) 

A thread about a kid who's made 2 sub appearances leaving - 41 pages and counting

lol

Edited by alanharper
typo
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

A thread about our record signing potentially leaving - 6 pages (padded out by people talking about holidays) 

A thread about a kid who's made 2 sub appearances leaving - 41 pages and counting

lol

It is the Hirst name though isnt it.  It lives on in peoples memories and hearts.