Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Love Cromer , enjoy , I was trying to book for a couple of days next week but struggling to find a decent price most places £100 a night minimum !! 

 

£30 a night with our caravan lol

 

You do the maths......

Edited by The Dukeries Owl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, mogbad said:

 

9.7 + 20.7 + 2018 losses doesn't bode well, however these are the full accounts & not the ones presented to the EFL for FFP purposes where academy & infrastructure improvement costs can be discounted.

 

Unfortunately we don't know what the figures presented to the EFL are though I can't imagine that the academy & infrastructure is going to take a massive chunk out of the reported annual accounts.

 

It's been posted on here that the relative FFP losses were, from memory, £6 and £14.4 million.  I don't know if this is correct or not, but the poster seemed confident they were.

  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

 

And what about Hooper?

Lol, yeah good point. Bloody hell we are really stacked for strikers. Hopefully invest in some pace this summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge mistake letting him go, we will regret it instantly. Carlos told us that he asked Rhodes to significantly change his game and it didn’t work. Why would it?! And why would you do that?!

 

All he needs is a bit more time under Jos and he’ll be back to his lethal self.

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

 

It's been posted on here that the relative FFP losses were, from memory, £6 and £14.4 million.  I don't know if this is correct or not, but the poster seemed confident they were.

 

So if those 2 years are representative we're looking at about a third of reported losses being offset for FFP purposes & last seasons FFP losses need to be within 18.6m to stay within limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, slow83 said:

Huge mistake letting him go, we will regret it instantly. Carlos told us that he asked Rhodes to significantly change his game and it didn’t work. Why would it?! And why would you do that?!

 

All he needs is a bit more time under Jos and he’ll be back to his lethal self.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Love Cromer , enjoy , I was trying to book for a couple of days next week but struggling to find a decent price most places £100 a night minimum !! 

We've been to Wells next the Sea a few times, there is a lovely beach there.

Like most places expensive this time of year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ash76 said:

 

Yes, every time he scores there’ll be a post on here about it 

 

You do realise that's plural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Woodseats Owl said:

We've been to Wells next the Sea a few times, there is a lovely beach there.

Like most places expensive this time of year.

Yes that’s somewhere I will get to one time.  Think Norfolk in general is brilliant , always love spending time down there .

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im starting to think that any incomings will depend on getting Rhodes out . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Sheffield Star are also trying to ramp up the pressure on FF’s futures. These A Holes ain’t but nothing if not predictable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Im starting to think that any incomings will depend on getting Rhodes out . 

 

..and not just Rhodes, I suspect. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally hope he stays and bangs in the goals for us next season however if selling him means we can bring in 3 or 4 quality additions that will improve several positions we have to hope that we manage to move him on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally hope he stays and bangs in the goals for us next season however if selling him means we can bring in 3 or 4 quality additions that will improve several positions we have to hope that we manage to move him on. 

3 or 4 quality additions with the money from the sale of Rhodes.

 

Be lucky to get his wages paid in full.

lol

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's at Carrow Road. Guru dropped him off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good luck to the lad 

not worked out but they sometimes don't 

he took a wage cut to come to us from boro maybe he is willing to do it again to get whats left of his career back 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Think it would be a cut price of around £5M

 

21 hours ago, matt_johno43 said:

Sell, if possible and take the loss of 4-5 Mill and learn from the lesson Mr C do not try to buy players just to please us fans with the name. 

 

21 hours ago, Craig enock said:

I will drive him there myself if we receive 5/6 million.

 

20 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

If we can get £6m and clear off what we owe Boro, then great!  Also release £35k in wages which will allow us to bring in a couple of premier loanees.

 

Seriously, where are posters pulling these hypothetical transfer fees from?  No club would be willing to spend that much to buy Rhodes from us.

 

Rhodes’ wages are unsustainable for any EFL club not in receipt of parachute payments.  And for the last 18 months, the player has looked finished at Championship level.

 

I can’t see too many clubs queuing up to spend millions to take him off from us tbh.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Captain said:

 

 

 

 

Seriously, where are posters pulling these hypothetical transfer fees from?  No club would be willing to spend that much to buy Rhodes from us.

 

Rhodes’ wages are unsustainable for any EFL club not in receipt of parachute payments.  And for the last 18 months, the player has looked finished at Championship level.

 

I can’t see too many clubs queuing up to spend millions to take him off from us tbh.

 

Clubs take risks when buying strikers.  He is still a good age and historically has a good record in this league.  If it came off for them and he scored 25 goals next season and he fired Norwich to promotion it is a gamble well worth taking.  

 

For the record, I don’t rate Rhodes as a footballer and I didn’t want him in the first place.  He certainly doesn’t fit our style.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, slow83 said:

Huge mistake letting him go, we will regret it instantly. Carlos told us that he asked Rhodes to significantly change his game and it didn’t work. Why would it?! And why would you do that?!

 

All he needs is a bit more time under Jos and he’ll be back to his lethal self.

 

More or less right, the strikers were struggling under CC’s style of football i.e. every attack down the wings and a high cross into the box if lucky. That kind of game is pisseasy to defend against 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×