iFollow midweek games now available in UK.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I dont think it is?? If you can watch it on a mobile - you can cast it to a big screen - simples.

Here you go unkastav

You don't have to cast from a mobile, you can cast from Chrome browser on PC. Which is handy because this service did not work on mobile last season.

Not sure if it will this season though.

TBH £10 is a bit steep for the service on offer last season, but if it is improved (as people have suggested) then I'm sure it will appeal to some people.

Hope this helps someone.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
53 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

You don't have to cast from a mobile, you can cast from Chrome browser on PC. Which is handy because this service did not work on mobile last season.

Not sure if it will this season though.

TBH £10 is a bit steep for the service on offer last season, but if it is improved (as people have suggested) then I'm sure it will appeal to some people.

Hope this helps someone.

Yeah we are currently casting from ITV & BBC on a Chrome browser at work - all the World Cup games

2 hours ago, simpark said:

They are adding commentary and match graphics this season

It's £10 in the UK - still £5 per match for overseas viewers (or £110 for the season)

Please give more information, where did you get this from?

Edited by daleblue

26 minutes ago, bobowl said:

If you pay 10quid you must be abel too legally

They'll be something in the terms that you pay £10 and its defined as  personal viewing or something like that. If your broadcasting it at the pub for X amount of people that'll be classed as public viewing etc. Thats why sky etc charge pubs a lot compared to our subs.

Over here in Vancouver I have been very happy with the service.  I realized early on that I preferred to watch without commentary.   I am a bit upset that the option to have a 2nd stream on the same IP made the service shut one of the 2 feeds down..  I would run the audio on one TAB and the video on another (so I could get the commentators discussions when a player went down etc)...  Now iFollow gives you a message that you can only have 1 stream (can they not see that my IP is the same for both feeds?).

BUT after over 40 years of sketchy information about the Owls I am now happy to be able to watch games as they happen for the bargain price of $190CDN per year... 

Some of those 3rd Division years I didn't get to see the Owls play at all...  just followed with newspapers on Sunday morning - then the commentary came in about 10 years ago (free) then it was an annual fee (which I gladly paid)

Many kids that were unfortunate to be moved to other countries before the year 2000 lost contact and then interest in their back home clubs.. This service is worth it's weight in gold and I would gladly pay double that to watch my Owls... WAWAW

Nice that the FA is loosening the archaic rules a little bit.... 

• Like 1

Rip off merchants. 

I’ll be staying in Germany and getting it half price thanks very much. 

For anyone who hasn’t seen it (and if it hasn’t changed) - the quality is terrible. There’s one camera, no commentary and no scoreboard or clock. 

Utterly rubbish - only possible because it’s a closed market. 

15 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Over here in Vancouver I have been very happy with the service.  I realized early on that I preferred to watch without commentary.   I am a bit upset that the option to have a 2nd stream on the same IP made the service shut one of the 2 feeds down..  I would run the audio on one TAB and the video on another (so I could get the commentators discussions when a player went down etc)...  Now iFollow gives you a message that you can only have 1 stream (can they not see that my IP is the same for both feeds?).

BUT after over 40 years of sketchy information about the Owls I am now happy to be able to watch games as they happen for the bargain price of $190CDN per year... 

Some of those 3rd Division years I didn't get to see the Owls play at all...  just followed with newspapers on Sunday morning - then the commentary came in about 10 years ago (free) then it was an annual fee (which I gladly paid)

Many kids that were unfortunate to be moved to other countries before the year 2000 lost contact and then interest in their back home clubs.. This service is worth it's weight in gold and I would gladly pay double that to watch my Owls... WAWAW

Nice that the FA is loosening the archaic rules a little bit.... 

One other issue that probably only affects overseas - iFollow cuts off the audio (Radio Sheffield) on Saturday immediately after the game - this means I have a 10-15 minute wait before I can play the BBC feed on my "Radio App" or on the BBC website.  If they could just keep things connected for an extra 10-15 minutes it would make me happy!!!

13 minutes ago, dave said:

Rip off merchants. 

I’ll be staying in Germany and getting it half price thanks very much. 

For anyone who hasn’t seen it (and if it hasn’t changed) - the quality is terrible. There’s one camera, no commentary and no scoreboard or clock. 

Utterly rubbish - only possible because it’s a closed market. 

Forgot the clock issue...  I run a stop watch on the games so I have an idea of how much time is left...  again - after 40 odd years of nothing - this service is better than nothing - improvements need to be made but I will take what I can get... WAWAW

6 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Q: What the heck is "bespoke commentary"?

Sorry if it sounds like a daft question - never heard of it over here...

Means each club can have their own commentator, summariser etc - rather than just a generic voice with no affinity with the club

For Wednesday possibly Rob O'Neil and John Pearson who do the audio commentary? But how that will work over pictures I don't know

8 minutes ago, simpark said:

Means each club can have their own commentator, summariser etc - rather than just a generic voice with no affinity with the club

For Wednesday possibly Rob O'Neil and John Pearson who do the audio commentary? But how that will work over pictures I don't know

Still not seen where it says live commentary in the UK, overseas yes.

It is not clear, on that point.

Still not seen where it says live commentary in the UK, overseas yes.

It is not clear, on that point.

Thanks!  I gave up on trying to sync the audio with the video last season... actually started to enjoy no commentary... however, the option to play audio on one tab and video on another disappeared after Christmas... The audio box on the video feed did nothing... hopefully they fix that for this season (giving the option to either listen to Rob and John or not...)... WAWAW