Terry Curran questions Jos pulling power

Guest wilyfox

Doesn't matter what names Lampard can attract if they can't afford them. That's the position they're in - and so are we. If they flog Vydra, that'll give Frank room to manoeuvre. The only players we seem willing to part with have plummeting value. Not much Jos can do about that. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't matter what names Lampard can attract if they can't afford them. That's the position they're in - and so are we. If they flog Vydra, that'll give Frank room to manoeuvre. The only players we seem willing to part with have plummeting value. Not much Jos can do about that. 

What I mean is if you have a player we can both afford and the player has a free choice.

Will it be Frank or Jos he chooses?

FFS.

30 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

One thing that just struck me about T Currans' comments.

A couple of times this week on sky and BBC.

I have seen the headlines "Frank Lampards Derby" before starting an article on the championship.

The media are already starting a love-in with Derby before a ball has been kicked.

This may be influencing potential Derby transfer targets and this is only because he is a big name as he has no managerial experience.

It most certainly will influence the publics opinion of Derby County.

FFS.

Lampard is in the honeymoon period at a club where the fan base has high expectations. Perennial also-rand who often make the play offs. There might be a lure for one or two decent players to join him, he might benefit from his old club with a couple of loan players, but it's still only Derby. It's been a graveyard for respected managers, and they don't seem to have much in the way of budget.

I wish Lampard well, but don't fear Derby. After all they've got Butterfield.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Lampard is in the honeymoon period at a club where the fan base has high expectations. Perennial also-rand who often make the play offs. There might be a lure for one or two decent players to join him, he might benefit from his old club with a couple of loan players, but it's still only Derby. It's been a graveyard for respected managers, and they don't seem to have much in the way of budget.

I wish Lampard well, but don't fear Derby. After all they've got Butterfield.

Maybe one or two players will make the difference.

Imagine the difference of one or two decent players joining Wednesday.

FFS.

Guest wilyfox
8 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

What I mean is if you have a player we can both afford and the player has a free choice.

Will it be Frank or Jos he chooses?

FFS.

Lampard, I suspect, but I think many players would choose Derby over us anyway, sadly. Newer stadium, better facilities, blah blah.. and our stock has taken a battering over the years dropping down to league one twice.