Terry Curran questions Jos pulling power

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Do you not think Leeds will attract a better standard of player with Bielsa than with Heckingbottom - I do

Better manager or more experienced managers normally have better links to players. Its like saying Big Ron would not attract better players than Danny Wilson - clearly he would.

Not sure Bielsa will will  last beyond  Christmas? Nor do I think we will be competing for top players this window anyway.

Take your point but money talks IMO in today's game 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

TC in talking b0llox shocker 

He does have a consummate gift for it.

Our recent track record of buying big name players has been hit and miss to say the least. Abdi  and Rhodes have hardly set the division on fire and have been massive wastes of big money so far. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair these days it doesn't matter who writes an article 

people will just slate them if they dont' overly gush how amazing Sheffield Wednesday are etc

Yea, but to be fair what does Curran expect....?

To get the pulling power, you need to be in a position to attract a big name manager, We aren't, Birmingham sacked Rowett and tried it, that went well.....

We need a manager who can make a silk purse out of a sows ear, not someone who's on 5 live 3 times a week.

Jos has deserved his chance..See what he can do

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair these days it doesn't matter who writes an article 

people will just slate them if they dont' overly gush how amazing Sheffield Wednesday are etc

There is truth in this but sometimes guff is actually being spouted. This us such an occasion IMO.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Just now, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

There is truth in this but sometimes guff is actually being spouted. Thus us such an occasion IMO.

It's irrelevant what's said to be fair 

Try it - post an article about Wednesday that's not just gushing about how glorious we are

I bet you can't get a thread to have a discussion without people just slating the article writer instead

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

Sheffield Wednesday could miss out on big-name transfer targets because rival clubs have managers with more pulling power, fears old boy Terry Curran.

Jos Luhukay stabilised the Owls in the Championship after replacing Carlos Carvalhal in January, but the Dutchman, who arrived in England as a virtual unknown, has a much lower profile than many other bosses in the second tier.

That could see Wednesday paying the price when it comes to recruitment, claims Curran, a winger at Hillsborough between 1979 and 1982.

“Look at someone like Steven Gerrard going to Rangers,” Curran said. “Him alone will get players in there because he’s a big name.

“Going back a few years, there was Kenny Dalglish going to Blackburn Rovers. He was a big name. Alan Shearer wouldn’t have gone there without Dalglish, who was a big pull.”

Wednesday were sliding towards relegation trouble last term before a late-season surge as key players returned from injury saw them finish in 15th spot.

The only player signed during the January window by Luhukay, who had a history of promotions in German football before being appointed by Wednesday, was £500,000 defensive midfielder Joey Pelupessy from Dutch club Heracles Almelo.

“It needs somebody who is going to fetch in top, top players,” Curran added. “I look at it and I’m thinking: ‘They should be buying slightly better players.’

“In terms of Jos, I’ve not heard much of him. I’d sooner have a bigger name who will attract slightly better quality names to the club.”

Old geezer talking out his arse.  Alert the media.

Wednesday, Wednesday, ra, ra, ra.

Sabre rattling, and let’s bring back every former Wednesday player under the sun etc.

I get all that sun shines out of Wednesday bumholes stuff, but TC makes a valid point.

Nobody but us knows anything about Jos. If a player’s agent tells him Jos Luhukay wants to talk to him, the player’s first question will be Who?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's irrelevant what's said to be fair 

Try it - post an article about Wednesday that's not just gushing about how glorious we are

I bet you can't get a thread to have a discussion without people just slating the article writer instead

I 100% agree but all I'm saying is that in this instance he is talking guff IMO.

This is different to the Biggs etc stuff that typically cops flak.

Just now, theowlsman said:

Sabre rattling, and let’s bring back every former Wednesday player under the sun etc.

I get all that sun shines out of Wednesday bumholes stuff, but TC makes a valid point.

Nobody but us knows anything about Jos. If a player’s agent tells him Jos Luhukay wants to talk to him, the player’s first question will be Who?

As opposed to the other big name gaffer's patrolling the Championship?  A real flipping constellation of star power.

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

His second question will be. "Who does he manage?"

Sheffield Wednesday will be the reply

"Where do I sign?"  Says the next Wednesday legend.

• Haha 1

So Curran wants rid because he hasn’t heard of him?

thats it, these past players (Curran,newsome etc) need to stop thinking anyone gives a shiit about their opinion and go focus on their career instead of giving their two penn’orth on situations they don’t really know anything about 

1 minute ago, Watson said:

His second question will be. "Who does he manage?"

Sheffield Wednesday will be the reply

"Where do I sign?"  Says the next Wednesday legend.

Yes, but do they have club plants on football forums?

Yes.

That’s good enough for me then, give Jess a bell.