What was the last game you went to

Fulham away in August, a 1-0 win (Fletcher). Who'd have thought it would be them getting promoted and us sinking to mid table obscurity at that time.

It will probably be August next year before I'm back in the UK. Hopefully get a game at Hillsborough next time.

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I think there's a large proportion of Owlstalkers that can't / don't / won't attend matches regularly. I thought that was a common view.

And those that went to the Norwich game probably cba to post because it's such a mundane answer.

The latter is probably a fair explanation. 

I know there are many who can't get to games that are on here but I have always assumed it was a small proportion of the total.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

For such a busy forum, it’s strange that I don’t meet that many fans at games, who admit to posting on here Probably only met a handful, other than people I already knew

Suppose it shows, what a useful site it is for those who can’t get to games

IF you did drop on someone who posted on owlstalk, or should i say used it, what are the chances that you recognise their name, or (generally) what were the jist of their postings, for me there'd only be a few more than a handful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

IF you did drop on someone who posted on owlstalk, or should i say used it, what are the chances that you recognise their name, or (generally) what were the jist of their postings, for me there'd only be a few more than a handful.

True, and I’m sure I’ve bumped into loads who do What I meant was, people I’ve actually chatted with for any length of time Those that I have met, often turn out to be very different to how I imagined they would be Like Big Guns, who works in the Unversity Library

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

True, and I’m sure I’ve bumped into loads who do What I meant was, people I’ve actually chatted with for any length of time Those that I have met, often turn out to be very different to how I imagined they would be Like Big Guns, who works in the Unversity Library

is he the bouncer?

i've always imagined you as lightly built, five nine ish, dark haired, intellectual. ME? i'm very much like an early 60's sean connery, only a tad better lookin'.

it's a relief to me that big guns actually existed, i have had the thought with me for sometime that only me and neil were on here, and he was ALL the other personalities. WTF:

in fact i have a confession to make...............................................

Edited by dnhc
sp
  • Haha 2

My last away game was Reading last season, first time I've been there a typical sterile new ground very uninspiring.

The famous Rotherham Owls coach stopped in Henley, which was very posh almost as posh as Rotherham itself.  

Went to a Wetherspoons had a few pints and we got called Northern Scum by an old woman totally uncalled for as we were on our best behaviour.  And if she's so special what she doing in a Wetherspoons?  

Anyway after bailing the coach driver out of prison for drink driving. We made our way to the ground.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, steveger said:

At Hillsborough, when we played the famous Glasgow Rangers.......

My attendance is beyond pathetic, i know...i'm a bad boy

Shocking record.  Even worse is the fact that you don't know that there is no such team as Glasgow Rangers.  Anymore than there is a Glasgow Patrick Thistle or London Arsenal.   Say three Hail Marys as punishment.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dnhc said:

I sit behind this bloke at matches it says on my ticket restricted view so I suppose you get what you pay for ...

No idea who he is though?

Seems like a nice chap .....

beff7f0b344aa3d437157ad34021bc5b.jpg

• Like 2