Six days till pre-season training commences at #SWFC

I will be very surprised if we see any incoming and outgoings as we just seem to be that side now that over pays for players because we wait too long to do our business and end up missing out on players who could improve our squad because of this rigidly waiting until July to do any business.

I will be happy with every squad player reporting back for pre season, Winnall seem to be the only likely admission though it has all gone quiet on Hutchinson, Lee, Hooper, Westwood for where they are with their recovery from injuries.

The club has never been very good at communication with the fans and more often than not it is known on social media before the club can be bothered to let the fans know lets hope the communication improve this season.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I will be very surprised if we see any incoming and outgoings as we just seem to be that side now that over pays for players because we wait too long to do our business and end up missing out on players who could improve our squad because of this rigidly waiting until July to do any business.

I will be happy with every squad player reporting back for pre season, Winnall seem to be the only likely admission though it has all gone quiet on Hutchinson, Lee, Hooper, Westwood for where they are with their recovery from injuries.

The club has never been very good at communication with the fans and more often than not it is known on social media before the club can be bothered to let the fans know lets hope the communication improve this season.

well we don't know do we , the club may have identified the players that jos would like but if the players are waiting to see what other offers are about there's not a lot the club can do about it . I suppose the club could  make them an offer they cant refuse but then your back into paying silly money …  

53 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well we don't know do we , the club may have identified the players that jos would like but if the players are waiting to see what other offers are about there's not a lot the club can do about it . I suppose the club could  make them an offer they cant refuse but then your back into paying silly money …  

Understand where you coming from - but we cannot take 10 games to get going again this season like the last 3, we need to be their and ready come that first game we all remember last season against Preston we were so very very poor.

It is going to be a very tough season and to have any chance we need the squad ready, fit and used to playing with each other that's why I am wanting all the players in as soon as possible.

I am yet to be convinced about the club as we haven't confirmed the preseason which seem very strange, we haven't confirmed what the new shirts will look like and no incoming or outgoings have been mentioned only press rumour which seem to be the same 5 or 6 players every one has been linked with. Yes this might all happen when the players report back but this is the Owls we never seem to do anything the easy way and end up paying too much for players because we leave everything until the last minute.

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

doom and gloom has started a bit early hasn't it 

We need to be ready come the first game of the season we have not be at our game until 10 games in.

Call this doom and gloom I call it making sure you are ready to start the season at the same level as the other 23 teams.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Who have we missed out on? I'd love to see a list of players that have gone to other clubs that we could have brought in.

It's a slow window for most and with the players still on holiday and the loan window open up till the end of August (we are expeceted to utilise the loan market) I'd say we shouldn't worry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That carpark will be an interesting place to be next Monday to see who rocks up to start pre-season training

I'm expecting a few new faces and a couple of familiar ones returning to join the squad - how bout you?

Nah, I'll be at work pal.

Just now, room0035 said:

We need to be ready come the first game of the season we have not be at our game until 10 games in.

Call this doom and gloom I call it making sure you are ready to start the season at the same level as the other 23 teams.

They are not officially back in pre season yet, although some of the injured players are back earlier, you don't know what type of pre season they are going to have or what it is going to be concentrated on, my guess would be a lot harder than the past couple of years but again we are guessing 

you don't know who they have had discussions with regarding players in and players out, but i doubt very much that it would be in our best interests to publicly state who we do and don't want, thus driving prices up higher on who we want and demoralising the players we don't want as well as driving their prices down 

As for the kit is it really important to see little snippets of it before its released at owls in the park, as long as its out and on sale before the season whats the problem 

and yes I'd say all of the above is more doom and gloom than optimism, personally i'm happy to wait until they've had at least a week back  before i start losing my sh/t 

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

They are not officially back in pre season yet, although some of the injured players are back earlier, you don't know what type of pre season they are going to have or what it is going to be concentrated on, my guess would be a lot harder than the past couple of years but again we are guessing 

you don't know who they have had discussions with regarding players in and players out, but i doubt very much that it would be in our best interests to publicly state who we do and don't want, thus driving prices up higher on who we want and demoralising the players we don't want as well as driving their prices down 

As for the kit is it really important to see little snippets of it before its released at owls in the park, as long as its out and on sale before the season whats the problem 

and yes I'd say all of the above is more doom and gloom than optimism, personally i'm happy to wait until they've had at least a week back  before i start losing my sh/t 

Nah we have made a lot of mistake for the last 3 years at time last season was very embarrassing.

This cannot happen this season - we need to me ready to go and well drilled if players don't get signed before the start of the season or come in on loan toward the end of August from past experience often they are unfit/ unprepared or worse pick up injuries. If we have learnt anything from last season we need all the squad to get a proper fitness pre-season, but also to have match sharpness and you only get that from playing games. to have only arrange 2 league 2 games and one foreign friendly. If we were going abroad i would say we were playing a tournament somewhere to get the match sharpness but we aren't.

For me I would arrange local friendlies with Chessy, Donny, Barnsley - games that will have a bit of bite in them and will also give the player sharpness. But with the added bonus of not losing training time by having to travel great distances to play them.

We will wait and see what happens it cannot be a badly planned as the last two preseason.

Can we rename room0035 *Broken record*? 

We've announced three or four pre-season friendlies.

Yes, other clubs have made signings, but it's pretty well known that transfer business picks up in July and after major international tournaments. 

Just ***** non-stop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nah we have made a lot of mistake for the last 3 years at time last season was very embarrassing.

This cannot happen this season - we need to me ready to go and well drilled if players don't get signed before the start of the season or come in on loan toward the end of August from past experience often they are unfit/ unprepared or worse pick up injuries. If we have learnt anything from last season we need all the squad to get a proper fitness pre-season, but also to have match sharpness and you only get that from playing games. to have only arrange 2 league 2 games and one foreign friendly. If we were going abroad i would say we were playing a tournament somewhere to get the match sharpness but we aren't.

For me I would arrange local friendlies with Chessy, Donny, Barnsley - games that will have a bit of bite in them and will also give the player sharpness. But with the added bonus of not losing training time by having to travel great distances to play them.

We will wait and see what happens it cannot be a badly planned as the last two preseason.

You do know the transfer window shuts on the 9th of August this year 

Jos has already said we are not going abroad because the travelling wastes days that could be used for training, there will be behind closed doors friendlies lined up as well as the public ones, maybe this is how Jos prefers it, No offence but i would bow to his better judgement on pre season training and whats required 

7 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

You do know the transfer window shuts on the 9th of August this year 

Jos has already said we are not going abroad because the travelling wastes days that could be used for training, there will be behind closed doors friendlies lined up as well as the public ones, maybe this is how Jos prefers it, No offence but i would bow to his better judgement on pre season training and whats required 

Yes i do know the transfer window shuts on the 9th I also know there is a 22 day loan window that opens on the 9th until the 31st August. I also know the transfer window has to be open for 12 weeks so unlike every other season when we wait till the 1st July to start transfers this season the transfer window opened on the 17th May 2018. So we are already over 4 weeks into the transfer window and a lot of other teams have already announced signing from this country and abroad.

We may be well prepared, we might have sign players and sold others, but we can only go by the information we have and also they the clubs past policies.