Andy Rhodes moves from #SWFC to Oldham Athletic

17 hours ago, room0035 said:

Two other options Mark Crossley and Nicky Weaver both now in coaching and both have an ex Owls Link.

I think Chris Woods has also just left his role at west ham - Coached at Everton, Man Utd and West Ham for me a much better and experienced option if we can get him.

Yeah Chris Woods, great idea, then old flipper can teach the kids to speak dolphin too. In fact while we are at it, why don't we see if we can get Baggio in to coach the lads on pens (would have said Waddle but that would be blasphemy) and see if Wilshire fancies a role as fitness coach. Chris Woods shouldn't get another penny from this club. Single handedly responsible for my first tears cried at a football match.

Pressman has just left Millwall. A proper club legend and could also coach the lads on pens. Not sure I'd fancy him on fitness though.

WTF:

16 hours ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

Not gonna lie, if Pressman replaces him, I'll be over the flipping moon. I know a lot of Millwall fans dislike him but I honestly don't know how much of that was on Archer.

Dislike their keeping coach? Sounds a bit odd

2 hours ago, deaks1984 said:

Yeah Chris Woods, great idea, then old flipper can teach the kids to speak dolphin too. In fact while we are at it, why don't we see if we can get Baggio in to coach the lads on pens (would have said Waddle but that would be blasphemy) and see if Wilshire fancies a role as fitness coach. Chris Woods shouldn't get another penny from this club. Single handedly responsible for my first tears cried at a football match.

Pressman has just left Millwall. A proper club legend and could also coach the lads on pens. Not sure I'd fancy him on fitness though.

WTF:

Chris Woods left West Ham in May 2018 and is currently looking for a new appointment, we are not basing on their respective playing careers we are basing it on their coaching career and ability to improve our goal keeping department yet further.

One guy Woods has work in the premier league for the last 10 years under managers like, Moyes, Mourinho, Koeman at clubs with the stature of Man United and Everton. the other has spent 5 years in league one with Millwall a league that every fan on here refers to as a pub league.

So forgetting that one was an International for England and the other never made it to full international level we are looking what they can do on the coaching side, but clearly you have issues with Chris Woods. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The thought of replacing him makes me worried for our squad's motivations

Bloody hell, he has done a good job as goalkeeping coach but if the motivation of the squad hangs on him then they must be a very fragile bunch....

6c2.gif

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Chris Woods left West Ham in May 2018 and is currently looking for a new appointment, we are not basing on their respective playing careers we are basing it on their coaching career and ability to improve our goal keeping department yet further.

One guy Woods has work in the premier league for the last 10 years under managers like, Moyes, Mourinho, Koeman at clubs with the stature of Man United and Everton. the other has spent 5 years in league one with Millwall a league that every fan on here refers to as a pub league.

So forgetting that one was an International for England and the other never made it to full international level we are looking what they can do on the coaching side, but clearly you have issues with Chris Woods. 

I get your points mate.

Some of it was a bit tongue in TBH. I don't doubt his credentials on paper, but you are quite right I do have issues with Chris Woods.

I'm worried he'll teach Wildsmith and Dawson the art of catching tame headers and then throwing the ball in their own net. Let's just hope they don't do it in extra time of an F.A.Cup final eh?

But as you say I'm sure he's a fine coach and you could probably say something similar about Pressman and red cards too.

But unfortunately that moment is thoroughly engrained in my memory.

Bear in mind the image below is after the ball had been in both gloves and the header was aimed pretty much straight at him.

649938286.jpg

I doubt the list of prospective replacements will be small.   

I'd not begrudge Pressman coming back if it was though a good recruitment process, in other words it's merit and not sentiment.    The same goes to any ex players really.

Edited by HubristicClapper

17 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

I get your points mate.

Some of it was a bit tongue in TBH. I don't doubt his credentials on paper, but you are quite right I do have issues with Chris Woods.

I'm worried he'll teach Wildsmith and Dawson the art of catching tame headers and then throwing the ball in their own net. Let's just hope they don't do it in extra time of an F.A.Cup final eh?

But as you say I'm sure he's a fine coach and you could probably say something similar about Pressman and red cards too.

But unfortunately that moment is thoroughly engrained in my memory.

Bear in mind the image below is after the ball had been in both gloves and the header was aimed pretty much straight at him.

649938286.jpg

You miss one of Pressmans greatest showing in an owls shirts and his quote after the game 'I don't think I had a save to make other than the goals'

Image result for Newcastle United 8 sheffield wednesday 0

Any of the 8 he conceded would have been nice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

You miss one of Pressmans greatest showing in an owls shirts and his quote after the game 'I don't think I had a save to make other than the goals'

Image result for Newcastle United 8 sheffield wednesday 0

Any of the 8 he conceded would have been nice.

Yeah you win.

I won't even try to defend him, just like the 10 mannequins Infront of him. 

19 hours ago, Watson said:

Was Alan Smith unsung?  Often gets credited for his efforts by the fans.

Not massively, I realised that - that's why I edited the original post to say 'unsung/backroom'. Basically i just meant individuals who've worked directly with the team to really improve our all-round game without ever being part of the first XI.

Edited by Mr. Tom

6 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Time to come home, Ola.

514f603906b7e70eda65321e6bb23c08.jpg

Don't like to be unduly critical of anyone but whenever I see him he is due criticism! Undoubtedly one of the worst professional goalkeepers I have ever seen. What is he hiding underneath his shirt?

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Why does pressman need to come back (yet more obsession with looking backwards) Nicky weaver is already here , surely it makes sense for him to step up . 

Good luck to andy Rhodes , he has clearly done a fantastic job over the last few years 

While I get the point you're making and agree a lot of people do look into the past too much it's not like he's a bad goalkeeping coach is it? Done a fantastic job with Jordan Archer at Millwall. Would be an excellent appointment to replace Rhodes.

Guest Jack the Hat
On 18/06/2018 at 20:40, vulva said:

May be wrong but I think Chris Woods still lives in Sheffield. 

You're not mixing him up with Greno Woods are you?