Andy Rhodes moves from #SWFC to Oldham Athletic

Two other options Mark Crossley and Nicky Weaver both now in coaching and both have an ex Owls Link.

I think Chris Woods has also just left his role at west ham - Coached at Everton, Man Utd and West Ham for me a much better and experienced option if we can get him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Is it a coincidence that KP left his job recently?

Probably seeing as there’s nobody in the current managerial, backroom or playing staff with any previous links to Pressman. I can see Jos’s own man coming in.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is great for Andy Rhodes (Good luck at Oldham in your new role Andy) but terrible news for SWFC

If you think about the personalities and motivators around the club that we have, Andy was definitely one of the biggest.

Not only did he do an incredible job bringing on our keepers as he did, but he's also one of the fellas always smiling, laughing, motivating.

The thought of replacing him makes me worried for our squad's motivations

Hit the nail on the head, I’m not sure that many people realise what a missive loss to the club this is .

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do we need an ex-swfc link?

This does my head in

lol

I just had a look around at Goal keeping coaches current available that just happened to have an Owls link. But it is nice to have an ex player that has gone into coaching and done well for themselves not to mention will give someone for the fans.

The loss of Andy Rhodes for me is very similar to the loss of Terry Burton a few years back, at the time he moved to Arsenal and it did not take long before we realised Dave Jones did not have a clue and terry Burton was the driving force in the coaching staff.

Andy Rhodes has help to save the club millions in developing good goal keeping talent at the club. I personally think we should have fought to keep him, he has gone to work in league 2 at a club he was at for just 2 years - he has been with us for 6 years and his son plays in the first team. For me forgetting any friendships this move just seems strange.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Two other options Mark Crossley and Nicky Weaver both now in coaching and both have an ex Owls Link.

I think Chris Woods has also just left his role at west ham - Coached at Everton, Man Utd and West Ham for me a much better and experienced option if we can get him.

For Wildsmith to develop he needs to learn to come off his line & dominate his area, particularly when the ball is in the air. He isn't going to learn that from Chris Woods.

• Haha 1

Good luck to Rhodey, he's done a good job. I wonder if it means his kid's going to go too.

Not gonna lie, if Pressman replaces him, I'll be over the flipping moon. I know a lot of Millwall fans dislike him but I honestly don't know how much of that was on Archer.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

For Wildsmith to develop he needs to learn to come off his line & dominate his area, particularly when the ball is in the air. He isn't going to learn that from Chris Woods.

Well he must be doing something right he has coached at Everton , Manchester United and West Ham all in the premier league for the last 10 years+, Kevin Pressman was working for Millwall. Both good keepers for thew Owls in their time but when you look at coaching cv's one would get a second interview and one would not - can you guess which is which. 

• Thanks 1