How good a side are #SWFC without Forestieri?

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Are we good enough to get promoted if he goes?

Not if he isn't replaced by a player of a similar standard and the cost of replacing him would be more than whatever transfer fee we may get for him.

Any team in the Championship would be better served by having him their squad.

We need him, the scary thought is does he need us?

He’s worth £15m in today’s market.

If we are serious about promotion, we should not sell him or Bannan or Lees for that matter.

Personally, I don’t think we will sell him or our other key players. 

If he stays and he’s fit all season, I can see us being top 6. Such a key player for us!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
45 minutes ago, Watson said:

Not if he isn't replaced by a player of a similar standard and the cost of replacing him would be more than whatever transfer fee we may get for him.

Any team in the Championship would be better served by having him their squad.

We need him, the scary thought is does he need us?

Agree with the first half of this sentence but the second half is conjecture IMO. If we get top dollar for him and reinvest prudently we could yet strengthen the group and still have a bit left to alleviate financial concerns. There are always future stars out there to be had.

I'm not saying I want us to cash in but I'd only be really concerned if we sold him cheaply and didn't reinvest.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

24 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agree with the first half of this sentence but the second half is conjecture IMO. If we get top dollar for him and reinvest prudently we could yet strengthen the group and still have a bit left to alleviate financial concerns. There are always future stars out there to be had.

I'm not saying I want us to cash in but I'd only be really concerned if we sold him cheaply and didn't reinvest.

Yes, it is conjecture but after your first sentence the rest of your post is conjecture but having said that I'd prefer your conjecture came true instead of mine, should we come to sell him.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Watson said:

Yes, it is conjecture but after your first sentence the rest of your post is conjecture but having said that I'd prefer your conjecture came true instead of mine, should we come to sell him.

Agreed that's why I said if.... and could....

My point is that favourites come and go and new ones emerge. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Watson said:

Agree but they don't fall from trees doubt we could replace him without spending big.  We all dream that you buy an unknown who comes good.  Can't rely on such things.

Agreed there are no certainties. It could be that selling FF could be damaging. Then again it could help provide funds to strengthen the overall unit plus help the club financially. Onlytime will tell.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s worth £15m in today’s market.

If we are serious about promotion, we should not sell him or Bannan or Lees for that matter.

Personally, I don’t think we will sell him or our other key players. 

If he stays and he’s fit all season, I can see us being top 6. Such a key player for us!

Hes not worth £15m, we wouldnt get half that! Hes just had the best part of the season out through injury

59 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Hes not worth £15m, we wouldnt get half that! Hes just had the best part of the season out through injury

Its not about "WORTH" its about market forces/prices,now if ya look at what Forestieri  does and can do for a team he should absolutely be priced accordingly,goalscorers go for a premium,he is a goalscorer,not prolific admittedly.but take into consideration some of the fees paid for so called strikers,id be mightily hacked off if we didn't start at £15 million.

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Rubbish! He’s a top championship player is FF and he’s pivotal to us. If Maddison is going for £22m than Ff is worth £15m. He’s equally as good or even better. I will knock some money off given his age.

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Its not about "WORTH" its about market forces/prices,now if ya look at what Forestieri  does and can do for a team he should absolutely be priced accordingly,goalscorers go for a premium,he is a goalscorer,not prolific admittedly.but take into consideration some of the fees paid for so called strikers,id be mightily hacked off if we didn't start at £15 million.

We might start at £15m, but nobody will pay it. Hes not good enough for premier league, and no one in championship is gonna sponk all their FFP budget on him. Just my opinion

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Rubbish! He’s a top championship player is FF and he’s pivotal to us. If Maddison is going for £22m than Ff is worth £15m. He’s equally as good or even better. I will knock some money off given his age.

Forestieri is nowhere near as good as Maddison, have you seen him play? Maybe the blue and white specs need a clean!

25 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Behave !!

There will be a long list of premier league teams wanting to sign Maddison this summer for £20-30m there is no doudt, hes a quality player. Do you think the same teams will be interested in Forestieri? No they wont!

7 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

There will be a long list of premier league teams wanting to sign Maddison this summer for £20-30m there is no doudt, hes a quality player. Do you think the same teams will be interested in Forestieri? No they wont!

That long list,consisted of two Leicester and Southampton.

Explain how a kid who made his first team debut for Norwich in April last year as a sub by the way,who on the basis of his one and only full season is and can be valued at the price he is ?

Now explain why you think a fella who has a history of playing in this league and is really good,can't go for £15 million ? (other than the fact theres a 6/7 year age difference)

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

On 17/06/2018 at 21:46, @owlstalk said:

Are we good enough to get promoted if he goes?

Don't think so.

For the thousandth time  - he is our BEST player & can win games on his own.

Yes we'd get a few million for him (not the amount he's really worth) but unless we replace him, like for like, which I very much doubt we could, then we'd be weaker, less likely to get promoted.

Forestieri is more important than any transfer fee - even if we amazingly got £18-20 million, that money wouldn't be reinvested well enough to replace our best asset.

Don't sell!