How good a side are #SWFC without Forestieri?

People can say what they want about Bannan, Hooper, Lee, Lees, Westwood and so on. But, Forestieri is the man who makes us tick. He presses the ball high up putting pressure on the opposition. He makes space for other attacking players. He’s hard to defend against with the ball. In the first year with a fit and hungry FF, we got to Wembley. The second year he was inconsistent, and so was we. Last year we was woefull barring the last few games he played in. We need to keep him. Play around him by giving him a free role behind the strikers. People keep linking him away, yet he’s always with family on social media enjoying life. If he did go, l we would get awful lot of money.

9 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Some on here still need to take a reality check. Given the situation facing us on FFP, any  fee received potentially for FF , would largely have to be used to adjust past losses and percentage wise, a small slice could be utilised for any incomings. As for the question of how effective we would be without FF,we would certainly miss him, when playing at his best.

Would this scenario work. Sell FF, reduce our 3 year losses ,offer George Hirst a much improved contract on the back of it , get Winnall back and see where we go from there ? A lot of "ifs" I know. Just a thought.

We are not a tin pot business, and assuming DC knows what he’s doing, he will have known what our predicament was when he said, we don’t need to sell our best players

Our financial situation won’t have changed in two months If we didn’t need to sell then, we surely don’t now 

I am quite happy to wheel and deal with players who don’t fit Jos’s plans, if we can, but am adamant we shouldn’t sell any of our better players

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are not a tin pot business, and assuming DC knows what he’s doing, he will have known what our predicament was when he said, we don’t need to sell our best players

Our financial situation won’t have changed in two months If we didn’t need to sell then, we surely don’t now 

I am quite happy to wheel and deal with players who don’t fit Jos’s plans, if we can, but am adamant we shouldn’t sell any of our better players

You had better get ready for a jolt, if you truly believe what your saying here.

Depends what your definition of good is.

If you mean entertaining then yes we are bound to be less so.

If you mean effective then that’s a harder call to make. Some managers would struggle to accommodate Forestieri into a rigid system, therefore his effectiveness to certain systems is questionable. By this I mean on the left wing he gives no protection to his full back and right up top he’s not as effective as he’s better facing the opposition goal. In behind a lone striker is his ideal position but it’s not a luxury every manager can afford.

9 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

You had better get ready for a jolt, if you truly believe what your saying here.

I am believing what DC is saying If it turns out, he was conning us, it will be him who needs to prepare for a jolt

Our best and most important player for me. Our only genuine match winner. I’d say in a full season he’s worth a 20 point sway to us. So:

Bottom 8 without

Top 8 with.

If he’s to go we need 2/3 replacements ready to go, and a huge fee to make it worthwhile. That means to us he’s worth circa 25m. But I can’t see anyone paying over 15m. Which is why I don’t think he’ll go.

56 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Rumours from where?

You would have thought that "strong rumours" would have at least made it onto the National bbc site, or at least skysports transfers, ever since the season ended I've been checking everyday for "potential transfers" in and out at Hillsborough, other than fan gossip or maybe that Duffus from the star theres very little that constitutes "strong rumours". 

There was a story on the Daily Mail website. 

Can't say I've seen much else since. If he does move then I'd rather it's to them for a decent fee. Also means he's not gone to a direct rival. 

Or it's Neil stirring, Fred McIver making stuff up etc. 

15 hours ago, torryowl said:

we are a better team with FF  in it than not but if the price was right and we invested the money wisely theres no reason to think we wouldn't be able to contend for a place in the top 6 

I'd be more bothered if we lost Bannan.

Im resigned to losing FF, but delighted if he stays.

Theres no drama with Bannan, he makes us tick. 

5 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

The only acceptable way for him to leave is if we get ridiculous money for him, which when you consider Afobe cost £14m, we should be looking for more than that for what’s a better player in this league.

If Fulham offered £16m+ we should be looking to sign some younger players who are highly rated. 

Spot on, if he Is going to Fulham then surely we will have made them pay over the odds considering they have premier league money now.