How good a side are #SWFC without Forestieri?

We aren’t good enough for promotion with or without him . That’s not being negative , we just aren’t going up no matter who we sell or keep this season. For me , I’d like him to stay. What jos did with nuihu and joao along with a revitalised bannan and forestieri was really encouraging . 

The only acceptable way for him to leave is if we get ridiculous money for him, which when you consider Afobe cost £14m, we should be looking for more than that for what’s a better player in this league.

If Fulham offered £16m+ we should be looking to sign some younger players who are highly rated. I was going to suggest the Brentford defender Mepham but they’ve just rejected a £10m bid so perhaps not him! But there must be other young players out there that we could snap up for less than £10m. 

He’s the one player that makes us worth watching When he plays, the team is capable of playing some tremendous football When he’s missing, yes we can still win, but it’s all a bit attritional

I would say, he is the reason I’ll swallow the inflated matchday prices

54 minutes ago, james o connor said:

We aren’t good enough for promotion with or without him . That’s not being negative , we just aren’t going up no matter who we sell or keep this season. For me , I’d like him to stay. What jos did with nuihu and joao along with a revitalised bannan and forestieri was really encouraging . 

Pretty sure Huddersfield and Cardiff fans would have been saying the same thing.

Any team can put a run together, no reason why it can't be us.

9 hours ago, steveger said:

All depends on if he gets a new bike IMO.

for example... say Newcastle offer him a bike with a bell, can we match that ?

and

what if one of the big spenders comes in and offers him a bike with a bell, water bottle AND a pump.!

not so sure we could compete with that sort of financial muscle and exuberance 

We'd blow Newcastle out of the water with an offer of these 

spokey_dokeys.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If sheff utd offered him a bike it would have stabilisers on it.

lol

If Sheff Utd offered him a bike you can bet your bottom dollar it would one where the wheels keep falling off.

10 hours ago, Geosword said:

Clubs keep getting promoted without him in their team.

If he stays, great.

If he goes, we'll get a shed load of cash and can strengthen in other areas. Great

Win-Win.

If we don't invest in the team then we're shafted, however.

Cos to answer the original question - he elevates the team from alright to pretty unstoppable. 

He's also the only player we have that makes you stand up / puts you on the edge of your seat. He's worth the entry fee alone if he's on it.

I've just talked myself out of it.

We need to keep him. 

This is pretty spot on (and amusing) lol

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Pretty sure Huddersfield and Cardiff fans would have been saying the same thing.

Any team can put a run together, no reason why it can't be us.

Both those sides were better than us, collectively . There is no reason we can’t put a run together , but In reality it’s very unlikely. We lack the quality . Having said that , a solid top 10 finish would do me find after last seasons debacle. I believed we are heading the right way 

Following the results of the survey, and the ticket pricing, I’m optimistic that Mr C won’t go back on his word

He promised similar investment, and although I wouldn’t  hold him to that, actually selling our better players was not part of the deal

Edited by gurujuan

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Quite optimistic then?

3 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

Quite optimistic then?

Yep really optimistic, optimistic the club has learned from the mess it’s made of the last couple of years . I’m optimistic we have a proper manager in charge who will keep the players fit and play half decent football. Top ten for me would be a decent finish given the state of the playing squad and last seasons debacle 

Some on here still need to take a reality check. Given the situation facing us on FFP, any  fee received potentially for FF , would largely have to be used to adjust past losses and percentage wise, a small slice could be utilised for any incomings. As for the question of how effective we would be without FF,we would certainly miss him, when playing at his best.

Would this scenario work. Sell FF, reduce our 3 year losses ,offer George Hirst a much improved contract on the back of it , get Winnall back and see where we go from there ? A lot of "ifs" I know. Just a thought.