Álex López has been released by Real Sporting

2 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Yes!! And bring back Danny B from wolves and that Marshal bloke.

Its only a month or so I got hammered on here by the same old backslappers for mentioning Danny B. ( They must still be in bed!!!!)Why should we look back. Why should we even consider these type of players like Batth, Marshall Lopez and son on. If Jos is given the time to repair the damage caused not only by CC but that of Chansiri also, then his thinking regarding younger hungry players is the way to go. This mess we have found ourselves in with lengthy expensive contracts given to ageing players, we cannot even think about moving on,this  isn't going to take a season or two to put right. 

29 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I liked Lopez and would take him back BUT if we signed him now that Carlos has gone and Jos is here, it’d leave me very concerned about who’s actually signing the players at Hillsborough.

I think that's pretty obvious. Why would CC sign players to either warm the bench or not even get a look in. Its DC's toy so its mine to play with attitude. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Correct the obsession with looking backwards is bizarre. Also now 30 , another of the clubs obsessions that will hopefully now stop 

The obsession with bashing fans who obviously appreciate talent is bizarre!! 30 is an age where he’s in his prime, he’s better than jones, abdi and Boyd. He would also cost a fraction of their wages...yeah very bizzare tho!! 

Does it it matter if he played for us before...no!! People who think this are complete fools.

thank you and good day 

14 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The obsession with bashing fans who obviously appreciate talent is bizarre!! 30 is an age where he’s in his prime, he’s better than jones, abdi and Boyd. He would also cost a fraction of their wages...yeah very bizzare tho!! 

Does it it matter if he played for us before...no!! People who think this are complete fools.

thank you and good day 

Wow .... okay 

correct 30 is no age but after injuries he apparently suffered this season we could probably end up with another abdi or jones or fletcher who are draining resources without giving anything back . we have plenty in that age bracket and desperately need some younger more mobile players. Lopez was decent but again I don’t think we need to look at past players who have had injury problems. 

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Would you bring him back to Hillsborough?  

4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

No.

Time for Jos to pick this players not look backwards.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Correct the obsession with looking backwards is bizarre. Also now 30 , another of the clubs obsessions that will hopefully now stop 

‘Kin’ell JoC. I only asked if you would bring him back. :ghoulguy:

51 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

thank you and good day 

Agree with this point .........................although I think you meant it in a different context.

Too old now... if he hadn't had the injuries fair enough but the fear is that his body won't be able to deal with Championship footie

However: The number of Wednesday fans that didn't rate him at the time and still don't is just a joke. Genuinely, I think our fanbase has a very real problem in both recognising talent and supporting it... they're too quick to judge. I'd imagine they're the same people that spent the majority of 2016 and 2017 telling us how our player of last season Adam Reach was crap. Lopez had the highest % of forward passes completed for us in that season of any player... he grew into Championship football quite well, getting a bit more bite to his game, and got us moving the ball with tempo and precision. He would have been far far more useful to us than the likes of Abdi and Jones, and would have probably been on lower wages. 

Still, I guess no point crying over spilled milk eh... what's done is done.

Edited by StudentOwl

Not for me thanks.

He did ok when here , but in a different system. He was a good ball passer/continuity player, but would be too slow in our new system when trying to counter attack. I also want to see more physicality in mid field and Lopez is not that. His tackling was not strong enough either to play a protective role. We have more priorities than this to sort.

I really liked Lopez and he helped us get to Wembley, but that boat has sailed. Jos has his own idea on what he wants. We need youth and energy! However, if it was a case of getting rid of Divvy Jones for him then, yes.