Álex López has been released by Real Sporting

Jos has stated his intention of reducing the average age of the squad.

Adding another 30 year old will not help do that....so no, much as I liked his reading of the game and eye for a telling pass out of defence.

3 minutes ago, Libertine said:

If we can shift on the crap like Jones & Abdi and replace them both with Lopez who will probably be on a far lesser wage then both of them then 100% yes! The problem is no one will want to take Abdi & Jones off us. 

that's the problem and we all know it ,the club is filled with the crap carlos got in, if anyone has ever left a championship club with a legacy for signing so many ageing duff has beens on huge wages and contracts then that's carlos ,who out there at this level has done so bad with signings and totally wasting a golden chance to go up ? I cant think of anyone else.  im hoping we keep forestieri and fetch in a good couple of u23 loans from prem league but if we sell him and 1-2 other of our best players I seriously think we could be bottom 3 , how long will hooper,fletcher lee,hutchinson matias last before they break down again? I reckon with a much tougher pre season they wont get to the 1st game ,then if 2-3 leave of our better players and we don't get hardly anyone in this season it could be a huge struggle ,but if we keep our best players and add 2-3 loans who are young and quality then top 6 is not beyond us if we keep most of the players fit ,but that's a big if.  ive been banging on about this for over 2 years regarding those bizarre contracts jones 3 years that was unbelievable and I said it then , 4 year fletcher , 2 year boyd  and so on . I just wish chansiri could start again from now with a 39 million loss for the next 3 years and get  better advise on signings than what carlos and his advisers gave him ,but unfortunately its going to be 3 years before we can spend again.  notts forest did similar but not to our level of mis spending on ageing players and its took them 3 years to now for them to start spending millions again.. derby are now starting there 2nd year of cost cutting before they can spend and aston villa are at the start of a 3 year were they cant spend .