Just a thought with FFP...

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's up with Sheffield Wednesday fans in modern times?

Quite happy to just get told what colour shirt we play in?

I'm genuinely shocked there are fans out there happy to be dictated by the latest chairman whether we play in stripes or not, will play at Hillsborough anymore, or are called Sheffield Wednesday

It was only the other year some fans were calling for Neil Warnock to manage Wednesday 

Wednesday fans have changed

never heard a mention of changing of the name of the stadium or the team before,other than the crack pot posters on here talking bs.

as for warnock ,we'd be promoted now if it weren't for the drama queens getting face on.

give me success over a piece of cotton any day

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

That's true, I'm looking way too far ahead, hopefully lol. Still nice to get the basics right, and would expect a good premiership Wednesday to at least double our current shirt sales just in Yorkshire.

TV money is a game changer tho, Amazon getting rights for me means that the large money won't last forever. They are giving the games as the current prime offering, they can offer something that the competition cannot. In terms of their ability to stream games, and have said they won't be raising prices for football. BT struggled to make money because they paid so much, Amazon, etc won't be doing that they are money machines. Think the prem bosses have been a bit too greedy, and will become reliant on the tech companies who will push the price down.

Hope you are right about that. I suspect what we will see is more differentiated deals which might mean less money in the system overall, but more for the big clubs.

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's up with Sheffield Wednesday fans in modern times?

Quite happy to just get told what colour shirt we play in?

I'm genuinely shocked there are fans out there happy to be dictated by the latest chairman whether we play in stripes or not, will play at Hillsborough anymore, or are called Sheffield Wednesday

It was only the other year some fans were calling for Neil Warnock to manage Wednesday 

Wednesday fans have changed

it's a case of using your head, or heart.

i don't need to tell you or others that swfc haven't always played in blue and white stripes.

i'm not hearing anything about moving from hillsborough other than from dreamers, and have never heard of the club being called anything but 'sheffield wednesday' or 'the wednesday'.

as for the manager, IF this jos period fails to get us promoted then i fully expect dc to do whatever it needs to be done to get us promoted, to appoint the best man for the job, IF that is colin, then it is colin, though some of you can't get over your relationship with the former pantomime clown from up the road. however dc would be able to make money from such an appointment by selling lemons for you all to suck on before and during the game.

7 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Hope you are right about that. I suspect what we will see is more differentiated deals which might mean less money in the system overall, but more for the big clubs.

Yea that's a real fear too, the premier league will have to show some spine to stop unfair distribution of any funds.