Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The fine for Bournemouth was £7.6 million.

Thanks....but still pathetically little money considering they've received more than £300 million in TV money in the 3 years since they "cheated".

Don't get me started on fellow "cheats" Leicester and their PL title glory....................

Edited by ReluctantNicko
  • Thanks 1

I think the research and work on current pricing has already taken place and an equilibrium pricing outcome has been achieved.

For those who choose there is available 'The Owls Foundation'. But this remains quite insignificant when compared to the two Development Pools run and administered by  Mssrs Dooley and Woodhead. 

23 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Excellent post and I agree almost 100% but you are wide of the mark with one thing.

Burnley & Huddersfield showed how to win promotion without breaking FFP, but Bournemouth?????

Howe's club absolutely flouted/"cheated" the FFP rules to gamble on buying promotion....their wages that season were about £25 million on an income of only £10 million. They even admitted they were guilty of breaking FFP rules by stumping up a paltry fine (about £5 million for getting the £100m TV money).

Yep your right, should have quoted Brighton as example. Sorry somehow missed Bournemouth situation.

8 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Yep your right, should have quoted Brighton as example. Sorry somehow missed Bournemouth situation.

Tbf Brighton reported some pretty high losses in the season they went up.

Key is they went up! 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf Brighton reported some pretty high losses in the season they went up.

Key is they went up! 

Yes that is right too. No prizes for near misses. It would have been interesting had they not gone up and what they would have done about it financially. But fair do's to them, as they had some near misses and still went up without breaking the rules.

19 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

You would prosecute the person who sold the fake merchandise, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

deliberately obtuse.

ok then IF the club stops the selling agent then this kid doesn't have a sheffield wednesday shirt, whilst other kids in his school do, and the piggy ones have theirs.

people (especially so with families) are struggling this day and age, the average man in the street is getting poorer, further into debt, and it will get worse very soon for a longer period of time likely than we've experienced since ww2.

3 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Excellent post and I agree almost 100% but you are wide of the mark with one thing.

Burnley & Huddersfield showed how to win promotion without breaking FFP, but Bournemouth?????

Howe's club absolutely flouted/"cheated" the FFP rules to gamble on buying promotion....their wages that season were about £25 million on an income of only £10 million. They even admitted they were guilty of breaking FFP rules by stumping up a paltry fine (about £5 million for getting the £100m TV money).

Burrrrrrrrnley first went up when it was an easiertask  than it now is.

The second time around they'd parachute cash.

'Udders were lucky in that we lost Hooper; dismal Doom Howson called it "the great leveller", and he supports them.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Colin would get us promoted, but the fans - or at least a section of them - won't have him.

It's never going to happen so raising the point that some fans wouldn't accept it is pointless.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Burrrrrrrrnley first went up when it was an easiertask  than it now is.

The second time around they'd parachute cash.

'Udders were lucky in that we lost Hooper; dismal Doom Howson called it "the great leveller", and he supports them.

Udders took advantage of our inept tactical approach against a team we had beaten regularly up to that point.

6 hours ago, just visiting said:

Ha, I'm thick?

Did you actually believe what was been told to you by CC?

You're season tickets prices aren't that high, about on par with most other clubs your size. So you're talking about the 3-4000 walk ups every home game.

Did you honestly believe maintaining the high prices of match day tickets would mean you keeping a £30m wage bill for a club with £23m turnover?

Look at your financial performances over the last three seasons, you may struggle to grasp it but we can live in hope.

On this issue, seemingly your favourite - our finances, yes, yes you are indeed being thick. The point @SiJ has made relates to a survey the club sent out to fans regarding whether they would like to see prices lowered with a focus more on youth team coming through or prices maintained to try and maintain a fair level of investment. According to the club 70% voted to maintain the current price structure. This implies that while sales may be made to balance the books it wouldn't be a fire sale and we could maintain a core of key experienced players. We don't need to sell first team regulars to save money. Getting players like Rhodes/Fletcher, Abdi, Loovens and a couple of others off the books will help. Easier said than done maybe but even on loan the wages saved would be significant and there has been interest.

What you think this has to do with anything Carlos Carvalhal has told us is baffling, even more so given he had left the club by the time of the survey.

I'll support Wednesday whatever team we put out, goodness knows we've seen enough dross since 2000 but if the club so publicly state they are taking one approach based on 1 price strategy against another but then take the alternative approach but without changing the price strategy accordingly then supporters will be well within their rights to voice their opinion against this.  

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Plus - why would Carlos be telling us whether we can keep our players or not? 

Finally - why are you so fascinated by our financial situation? 

I mean you claim to be a Leeds fan, yet you spend all your time on here. I mean in the last couple of years you've gone as far as to fabricate stories concerning us and our finances. 

It's a bit weird. Perhaps you should get some help. 

I am still waiting for the impending transfer embargo that @just visiting has been placing on us for the last 3 years. It might happen sooner or later, no doubt at which point he will say 'I told you so'. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day though.

I wonder if he has the same concerns about his own club making their latest manager their highest paid ever on the back of continually paying up the salaries of umpteen previously appointed bosses early? 

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, just visiting said:

Good grief, you moan when prices are cheap about the lack of investment in the squad and then after just three years paying fairly high ticket prices, which included two top six finishes, you want refunds and apologies cause the club is having to balance its books.

SWFC must be proud of you SiJ.

Fans getting refunds when things don’t go their way huh.

Imagine that ever happening.  

• Like 1

We throw away a few million each year with our policy on away fans. Charge them £30 a game, give them the entire Leppjngs Lane if they can fill it. Our policy of restricting their allocations and charging them a fortune do us no favours, especially with that vast, underused stand.

The result would be increased revenue for the club and a better atmosphere at games. There’s nothing better than a big away following to get the Kop going. A couple of million extra in the bank would be good news too.