Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

18 minutes ago, poite said:

I'd rather the club quoted us what the price was to pay off Matias, Abdi and Fletchers contracts and all club together for that 

Got a few million to spare have you.

Can see that being about as popular as Club 1867.

5 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

In almost all cases, the copy is illegal.

If it's not a deliberate copyright infringement, and an obvious different brand that just imitates without infringement, that's fine.

I do think that SWFC as a brand should throw some weight behind copyright infringements.  

It sounds harsh, but if I can't afford to buy my lad the latest iPad, he doesn't get it.    The same should apply to to SWFC merchandise.

So lad saves his paper round money and buys a cheaper version.

It might not be as good but it's better than nothing.

FFS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Our paper lad is 68 years old !!

I'll have a word in the morning Hawk ....

I know, and I can't believe his 92 year old dad refused him the I pad.

It was the same performance last year over the ps4.

Poor lad finished up buying an old x box off ebay.

It never worked but it was only £6.

Still, better than nothing.

FFS.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Got a few million to spare have you.

Can see that being about as popular as Club 1867.

No. It's why I suggested clubbing together. The idea is that every one puts a bit in to raise the total.

It's unsustainable so no. These players are not going to be coming in on one year contracts, so if we don't win promotion it would mean another increase next year. Also if it was something DC wanted he would have presumably mentioned it when the season tickets were on sale, it would be incredibly optimistic to expect potg supporters to pick up the whole tab. 

Even without selling BB & FF we have enough saleable assets to raise some money, every other club has to sell players while trying to build the squad.

9 hours ago, Blatter said:

Increasing ticket prices further is not the answer.

Look at it realistically. We have an average gate around 26,000

We have around 20,000 season ticket holders who in the main have secured their ticket at current prices, some for years ahead.

So if POTD prices are increased by an average of £10 for everyone £10 x 6000 x 23 matches = £1.38million.

One senior player on £25,000/week x 52 weeks = £1.3million.

Only conclusion to draw is that one or two players that we don’t want to lose will have to go for both cash input and wage reduction purposes. If the club can manage to shift 3 or 4 that will not be missed that will be an added bonus

Tinkering with ticket prices will do little to solve a much bigger problem.

Good Post. Saved me typing virtully the same thing. There's no way that's there is enough extra money available from fans to make a difference. 

The root problem is not FFP. The root problem is second division footballers becoming multi millionaires by 'working' for 3 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

Good Post. Saved me typing virtully the same thing. There's no way that's there is enough extra money available from fans to make a difference. 

The root problem is not FFP. The root problem is second division footballers becoming multi millionaires by 'working' for 3 years. 

And Carlos wanting such a large squad - especially in certain positions - instead of a smaller, fitter one.

Think the club could do so much more to generate income. The pricing of tickets and corporate hospitality is all over the place and has turned off many fans. The mega store is anything but mega-merchandise could be a lot more comprehensive and of a suitable quality that people wouldn’t mind spending a bit on. The stadium is an under-utilised asset. Not saying we should be having Rugby League played on the hallowed turf, but there are other commercial avenues the club should look at.

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

This X 1,000.

It was obvious what was happening and where it would end with Coco but anyone who said so at the time was shouted down and abused.

it wasn't obvious to me as I very much doubt carlos had any hand in negotiating the fees and wages of the players the club signed ……..carlos can be blamed for a lot of things but to blame him  for  financial problems of the club is ludicrous .there's only one man to blame that's  the bloke who writes the cheques and does the hiring and firing .

In answer to the first question: 

Fans have already agreed to pay high prices to keep top earners. 

If the club starts selling the family silver - and not replacing it with something of similar quality - then they should be offering up refunds or f00king apology. 

I note Just Visiting is all over any financial thread like a fly attracted to horsesh*t. Financial lessons off a Leeds "fan". What a time to be alive. 

The supporters are already paying astronimical ticket prices and the truth is, the club could double the prices again and any additional revenue would just be sucked straight into the pockets of millionaire agents and players.

Football as a business model is fundamentally broken and no club can survive in the long term without parachute handouts, regular profitable player sales or a billionaire owner throwing money in periodically.

Edited by owlinexile

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

With all this talk of our best players being sold, would you sanction paying more to give the club more financial leeway?

What talk? I’ve not heard anything apart from the usual pork, Dingles and toyrown fans trying to stir it. Why not break FFP? The penalties are not applied and not much of a deterrent anyway

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it wasn't obvious to me as I very much doubt carlos had any hand in negotiating the fees and wages of the players the club signed ……..carlos can be blamed for a lot of things but to blame him  for  financial problems of the club is ludicrous .there's only one man to blame that's  the bloke who writes the cheques and does the hiring and firing .

Carlos may not have negotiated the contracts but he identified the players and requested their recruitment; he stated so himself (in his roundabout broken English way) in s RS interview when asked if the Chairman had bought players without his knowledge and foisted then upon him. 

16 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Carlos may not have negotiated the contracts but he identified the players and requested their recruitment; he stated so himself (in his roundabout broken English way) in s RS interview when asked if the Chairman had bought players without his knowledge and foisted then upon him. 

His English was fine, he just had a way of avoiding the awkward questions by confusing everyone with his long rambles around the barbecue, the opera and the farmyard. Can’t remember anyone getting a clear answer on this particular question.