Would you pay more to stave off FFP restrictions?

No. I earn an absolute pittance compared to the vast majority of anyone professionally involved in League football so it's a moot point anyway - I simply can't afford to - but even if I could, I feel I would be helping support and perpetuate a rotten system by contributing to the persistent belief that making it to the Sky League is the only way to survive and prosper as a family football club. That's bullshit and I don't accept it. I'd rather support Wednesday in ANY division than watch us turn ourselves inside out trying to catch up in the very toxic rat race that's wrecking the whole bloody system.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

With all this talk of our best players being sold, would you sanction paying more to give the club more financial leeway?

Increasing ticket prices further is not the answer.

Look at it realistically. We have an average gate around 26,000

We have around 20,000 season ticket holders who in the main have secured their ticket at current prices, some for years ahead.

So if POTD prices are increased by an average of £10 for everyone £10 x 6000 x 23 matches = £1.38million.

One senior player on £25,000/week x 52 weeks = £1.3million.

Only conclusion to draw is that one or two players that we don’t want to lose will have to go for both cash input and wage reduction purposes. If the club can manage to shift 3 or 4 that will not be missed that will be an added bonus

Tinkering with ticket prices will do little to solve a much bigger problem.

A new policy of signing expensive players that we don’t need would be the right way forward

Our best players  FF, Bannan, Westwood, Lee, Lees and Hooper were signed for a combined fee of £6m 

54 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Increasing ticket prices further is not the answer.

Look at it realistically. We have an average gate around 26,000

We have around 20,000 season ticket holders who in the main have secured their ticket at current prices, some for years ahead.

So if POTD prices are increased by an average of £10 for everyone £10 x 6000 x 23 matches = £1.38million.

One senior player on £25,000/week x 52 weeks = £1.3million.

Only conclusion to draw is that one or two players that we don’t want to lose will have to go for both cash input and wage reduction purposes. If the club can manage to shift 3 or 4 that will not be missed that will be an added bonus

Tinkering with ticket prices will do little to solve a much bigger problem.

Good points, but then, were the likes of BB and FF to leave, we would be paying some of the most expensive prices in the division to watch a mid-table team, at best.

The pay-on-the-day wallahs would likely drift away.

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

Are you a fan if you never attend or never purchase from the club?

Some would say yes, I would say no.

You could, perhaps, call yourself a fan.

But could never call yourself a supporter of the club.

48 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Yes let’s increase the ticket prices even more and hand the next generation of this City to Sheffield United.

Good point as ever RY, but the next generation will likely support the team that gets to the PL.

I don't like the pricing at Hillsborough, in fact for what it's worth I deplore it, but I was just making the point that would it be worth paying a surcharge to thwart FFP and get us over the line?

Or will we be a nearly club again, sell our crown jewels, and then end up paying top whack for mid-table football?

It's the parachute clubs which are driving this, and it's sickening.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Good points, but then, were the likes of BB and FF to leave, we would be paying some of the most expensive prices in the division to watch a mid-table team, at best.

The pay-on-the-day wallahs would likely drift away.

That’s pretty much what happened last season due to injury of many more than FF & BB, but the average gate was maintained at 26000.

I guess it all depends on what we get in exchange if top players go.

One thing is for certain. There has to be a reduction to the wage bill. Time for some canny trading Kathrien.

Edited by Blatter
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Would anyone buy an 1867 membership to stave off FFP?

How many did we sell exactly?

Who knows. 

I'm sure you'll keep going on about it though. 

Edited by SiJ

DC has made a lot of mistakes, even for a novice he has been extremely poor, but the last 6 months we all have seen a change with Karen coming in, Carlos going all but 2 players signing up the good youth coming through at the club.

there is a lot of work to do before the start of the season trimming the money wasted and shirt fillers in Abdi, Fletcher, Matias and Rhodes to name a few. Sure up the issues with the team in defence and right wing. The long and short of it he has 8 weeks to prove to us the paying fans if he has learnt anything at all.

I want him to prove me wrong......... But it is all quiet at the moment and the team is back for pre season in just 17 days and so far nothing has chance that we know of from the end of the season 7 weeks ago.if

No pre-season finalised arrange, no new shirts, no signings, no players leaving/sold, no additional income other than the fans season tickets a lot to do.