Brum in for Bannan?

Birmingham need to move players out before they can sign anybody.

Bannan is in last year of contract and if a sizeable offer came ib would not surprise me to see him sold. Some of others like Mattias, Andi, Fletcher, and Jones will be extremely difficult to shift and if we need to generate some money may be best option. Hooer, Winnall etc have been out injured and not many keen to pay money for injured player. I do not think he will generate big money as lack of goals and assists does not prove attractive selling point for attacking midfield player.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

We consistently have 15,000 empty seats at home games. 

We took best part of 45,000 to Wembley. 

If we have to sell players, it’s because of a lack of income. I hope those waiting to criticism DC back the club like he has. 

I think you will find most clubs in the championship have smaller crowds than us, the reason players will leave or be sold is cause of 1 man called carlos who took charge of all signings since jan 2016 and apart from reach all were disasters who are on mega money here who do next to nothing, jones,abdi,fletcher boyd Rhodes  just to name a few all on between 25-40k a week its crippling us and will do until they all leave the wage bill. 

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

never in a million years is bb worth that

Never said he was. Point being he's crucial to so with how it is these days you pay over the odds or you get naff all. Why should we be taken for mugs?

35 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I think you will find most clubs in the championship have smaller crowds than us, the reason players will leave or be sold is cause of 1 man called carlos who took charge of all signings since jan 2016 and apart from reach all were disasters who are on mega money here who do next to nothing, jones,abdi,fletcher boyd Rhodes  just to name a few all on between 25-40k a week its crippling us and will do until they all leave the wage bill. 

Carlos is, and has been, a very easy target. He gets the blame for injuries, tactics and recruitment. This is despite the fact he worked under a Chairman who according to many on here micromanages all staff to within an inch of their life. 

How Carlos managed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons here is beyond me, when you factor just how bad he was, according to some. 

I’ve had the pleasure of sitting through the likes of Eustace, Yorath, Jewel, Jones, Irvine and Pleat. Can only presume those that criticise Carlos didn’t enjoy a similar period of footballing joy. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 1

Look, I don't think anyone wants to see Bannan go... however, if an offer of say 5/6m came in, considering he's in his late 20s and has only one year left on his contract... would it really be the end of the world? Jos has already proven that he can get a half-decent Championship player for c. £400k... so what could he do with 10x that? 

Hopefully if we can offload Abdi, Fletcher and Rhodes we can free up a lot of finances without really weakening the squad. If we can't manage it then yes, it'll suck losing some of our better players, but if we can reinvest a half-decent % of that back into the playing squad, I honestly think we'll be fine. It's not an ideal scenario... but it was pretty clear even two years ago this would be the case if the gamble didn't pay off... no point getting in a tiff over it now if you were happy with the continuous buying of aging players on huge contracts at the time because you thought it'd get us out of this league. 

10m and I'd listen, but only to a Prem team. 

His shooting is appalling but he is our current engine room.  So if we could find a dynamic energetic midfielder who could link defence and attack and have a bit more bite and physical presence it wouldn't be the worst move.

Don't get me wrong, Baz has been instrumental in our upturn but he is small, Scottish and like a thin Rab C Nesbitt combover 

Some of this post is in jest :)

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Carlos is, and has been, a very easy target. He gets the blame for injuries, tactics and recruitment. This is despite the fact he worked under a Chairman who according to many on here micromanages all staff to within an inch of their life. 

How Carlos managed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons here is beyond me, when you factor just how bad he was, according to some. 

I’ve had the pleasure of sitting through the likes of Eustace, Yorath, Jewel, Jones, Irvine and Pleat. Can only presume those that criticise Carlos didn’t enjoy a similar period of footballing joy. 

Well quite. When you have someone who thinks Carvalhal single handedly ran our transfer business, it isnt all that easy to know where to start...

We have to get real.

Bannan is in the last year of his contract.

Offer him another deal or sell him.

We’ve been mugs for far too long. We can’t let assets leave for free and just waste cash. 

Hope he stays but if he won’t sign take as much as we can get and move on.

There’s always other players. Always will be. 

When I meet someone with a Brummie accent the conversation goes like this...

me: “ so, where are you from ?”

Brummie: “Birmingham “

Me: “ I’m sorry “

Brummie: “BIRMINGHAM “

Me: “Yes, I heard you...I’m just sorry”

8 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Brum fans hate him

He dunt like Brum

end of story

Every Championship fan hates FF but they'd all have in him their team.  Footballers are mercenary, pay him enough and he'll go, unfortunately.

Edited by doubleo