PRESLAV BORUKOV - #SWFC Offer deal to exciting striker

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But we have possibly lost the best two kids we have produced in 15+ years would you risk it with a player that made his debut in Bulgarian top division at 15 years, has been playing in the under 23 at 18 and already looks a decent player.

For me i would have signed him up to £500 a week in January for 18 months then renegotiate now for longer instead we risk losing him to anyone for next to nothing

Doesn't matter what you or the club would have wanted his advisors would have advised him to keep his options open.  Things just don't fall into place because you want them to. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There are many rumours and theories around the George Hirst thing

In truth 99.9999999% of people are just making conspiracy theories up and don't know what's really being said/done around the whole situation/deal

People on both 'sides' of this argument saying one thing or the other about it - they don't know anything either. They've just heard from a bloke somewhere that someone said something, isn't signing something, wants more money etc etc. In reality all rumour again.

Let's all be honest here - nobody REALLY knows anything 

Well lets look at the facts.

1) Contract on the table.

2) Contract not signed.

There are many factors to a contract, but the main ones are,

1) Length of contract.

2) wages.

So I ask you in all fairness is it the length of the contract that is so wrong it cant be put right,

or heaven forbid it might be, Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh no.

37 minutes ago, Watson said:

Whats that got do with it?  They have offered him more money than anyone else.  But as it's already been pointed out we can't compete with Premier clubs.

Stop stamping your foot. 

:CEO::CEO:

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But we have possibly lost the best two kids we have produced in 15+ years would you risk it with a player that made his debut in Bulgarian top division at 15 years, has been playing in the under 23 at 18 and already looks a decent player.

For me i would have signed him up to £500 a week in January for 18 months then renegotiate now for longer instead we risk losing him to anyone for next to nothing

Dawson & Wildsmith are going nowhere. I would argue that they are currently the best players we have produced in the last 15 years and I would also put Thorniley ahead of both GH & SC. For starters SC is hardly a youth anymore. If he does make it then surely he has to be classed as a late developer?

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

No I haven't OG TBH, always got Judge Judy on in our house.lol

Well it's normally Homes Under The Hammer n Bargain Hunt in Owlerton Towers but make an exception for this.

They always said Don Revie was Dodgy .

Well there's no wonder them players closed ranks.. 

Pure Filth 

Well worth a watch ......:stuwinky:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

I wish people would stop comparing employment as a footballer with employment as an ordinary wage earner. Young Hirst has probably been offered about  £4k pw (educated guess) 

If £200k per year NHS surgeons said they were all going to work full time in the private sector because they could triple their earnings there'd be a queue on here wanting to condemn them as greedy bar stewards.

That bracket are greedy from birth. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

On 15/06/2018 at 17:12, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed they have offered Preslav Borukov a new contract and are confident he is going to sign it.

We've been highlighting this player for some time now as he's bursting through the ranks banging in goals in a big way for the U18's and U23 sides we have at Hillsborough as well as during his international games for Bulgaria 

He's a real prospect, big, strong, and prolific

We need him to sign this contract and continue to be a core part of our youth development and he could very well become a first team player, especially under Jos who has a refreshing approach to developing and nurturing the young hungry, and exciting talent we have in our younger sides (unlike his predecessor who is now currently without a job)

Come on Borukov - GET SIGNING!

Like a young Mark Bright? 

23 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Mate, if £200k is an ordinary wage earner in your mind, there's no wonder you don't understand why someone would do it.

FFS.

Mate, If you are having trouble understanding the gist of my post,  I can recommend a good private English tutor.  

Why do you put FFS at the bottom of every post?

12 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

At the back of my mind I think ,Clare and Hirst we lost them ,So why should we expect to Keep Preslav. I Hope I am wrong ,But the damage was done with Carlos ,A quote he once said .In Portugal we don't play Babies.

Keep trying I'm sure you can find a way to kick the club a bit harder.

The simple fact is that the lure of the Premier is too strong plus the fact they can offer better wages.

If Premier clubs come sniffing we will lose out, it's not rocket science.  

10 minutes ago, Watson said:

Keep trying I'm sure you can find a way to kick the club a bit harder.

The simple fact is that the lure of the Premier is too strong plus the fact they can offer better wages.

If Premier clubs come sniffing we will lose out, it's not rocket science.  

I agree 100%

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

The player who made his debut in Bulgaria's first division is Iyad Hamud not Borukov.  Hamud is a year younger and more a midfielder.

25 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

The player who made his debut in Bulgaria's first division is Iyad Hamud not Borukov.  Hamud is a year younger and more a midfielder.

How's he coming on by the way? I might be getting mixed up, but isn't he the small nippy tricky player we've got?