PRESLAV BORUKOV - #SWFC Offer deal to exciting striker

3 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

I wish people would stop comparing employment as a footballer with employment as an ordinary wage earner. Young Hirst has probably been offered about  £4k pw (educated guess) 

If £200k per year NHS surgeons said they were all going to work full time in the private sector because they could triple their earnings there'd be a queue on here wanting to condemn them as greedy bar stewards.

Mate, if £200k is an ordinary wage earner in your mind, there's no wonder you don't understand why someone would do it.

FFS.

7 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

I wish people would stop comparing employment as a footballer with employment as an ordinary wage earner. Young Hirst has probably been offered about  £4k pw (educated guess) 

If £200k per year NHS surgeons said they were all going to work full time in the private sector because they could triple their earnings there'd be a queue on here wanting to condemn them as greedy bar stewards.

Thats why there is a shortage of NHS doctors they all clear off to the private sector to triple their earnings.  

I've not seen the lad play, but if the club think that he's worth signing up, then they need to get it done.

If we are to learn anything from the Hirst/Clare situations, it's that we need to have a coherent statergy to show youth players a clear route to first team football. Jos has begun to integrate academy products which is great; the next step is to make sure we secure our best assets long term.

For what it's worth, the figure I've heard that Hirst was offered is in no way derisory; however the money he could earn elsewhere is just significantly more, that's just the way it is in modern football. However, I'm convinced that if Hirst had been shown his clear pathway to first team football at S6 a couple of seasons ago then the situation would have been very different.

Let's hope the club can learn some lessons.

UTO

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I've not seen the lad play, but if the club think that he's worth signing up, then they need to get it done.

If we are to learn anything from the Hirst/Clare situations, it's that we need to have a coherent statergy to show youth players a clear route to first team football. Jos has begun to integrate academy products which is great; the next step is to make sure we secure our best assets long term.

For what it's worth, the figure I've heard that Hirst was offered is in no way derisory; however the money he could earn elsewhere is just significantly more, that's just the way it is in modern football. However, I'm convinced that if Hirst had been shown his clear pathway to first team football at S6 a couple of seasons ago then the situation would have been very different.

Let's hope the club can learn some lessons.

UTO

Why aren't you convinced that the club didn't show him a clear pathway to first team football at S6 a couple of seasons ago?  

Hope he does sign be nice for some to come through at 18 always a risk but rather try blood some youth given success  of development 23s etc. Unfortunately big clubs can afford to hoover prospects up loan out etc and hope they come good. As someone has said no one knows what's happened with others but times have changed  and it's so so annoying but if we were in there position and not wednesday fans we my do same

11 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Hope he stays unlike a certain bunch of greedy twats 

Come off it, you get offered 2k a week at Wednesday, or 8k a week at a Premier League club, not a hard decision is it. It's a short career, they could have career ending injuries in their next game and their chance to earn big has gone. It's all well and good saying players should be loyal, but clubs aren't loyal either, when a club dispenses of a player at the end of his deal or when he's not performed there is no loyalty.

46 minutes ago, Watson said:

Why aren't you convinced that the club didn't show him a clear pathway to first team football at S6 a couple of seasons ago?  

Because who would have been making such plans?

Our chairman? (Who admitted he knew very little about running a football club)

Our Head Coach? Who made it abundantly clear he wasn't interested in intergrating youth?

Or our then non existent CEO?

6 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Because who would have been making such plans?

Our chairman? (Who admitted he knew very little about running a football club)

Our Head Coach? Who made it abundantly clear he wasn't interested in intergrating youth?

Or our then non existent CEO?

I've no idea who would have made such plans, which I guess is the same for you.

For all I know (and you know) DC, CC and our none existent CEO may well have detailed plans with Hirst.

Of course, we are both guessing wildly. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed they have offered Preslav Borukov a new contract and are confident he is going to sign it.

We've been highlighting this player for some time now as he's bursting through the ranks banging in goals in a big way for the U18's and U23 sides we have at Hillsborough as well as during his international games for Bulgaria 

He's a real prospect, big, strong, and prolific

We need him to sign this contract and continue to be a core part of our youth development and he could very well become a first team player, especially under Jos who has a refreshing approach to developing and nurturing the young hungry, and exciting talent we have in our younger sides (unlike his predecessor who is now currently without a job)

Come on Borukov - GET SIGNING!

Should i even ask why the kid we have all been hearing about all season has been allowed to get to the end of his 2 year deal without being signed up. Have we as a club learnt nothing from Hirst and Clare.

11 hours ago, Oliver Cromwell said:

Or a disillusioned father trying to relive their career through their son.

Trust me when I say this you mean the Sheffield Wednesday legend David Hirst he did alright that I remember.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Trust me when I say this you mean the Sheffield Wednesday legend David Hirst he did alright that I remember.

He did and he's a legend but did he do the best he could have??? Would you not want to protect and guide your son and say look swfc amazing club look how I am treated as God but you are one injury away from going from the potential to go top and losing it all

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Should i even ask why the kid we have all been hearing about all season has been allowed to get to the end of his 2 year deal without being signed up. Have we as a club learnt nothing from Hirst and Clare.

Surely he would be best served by letting his contract to nearly run out so he can keep his options open should any other clubs take an interest in him. 

Just now, benitocarbonara said:

He did and he's a legend but did he do the best he could have??? Would you not want to protect and guide your son and say look swfc amazing club look how I am treated as God but you are one injury away from going from the potential to go top and losing it all

The club stated the had offered him more than any other youth player in the club's history so someone must know what that player was on.

We in the last 15+years have not produced a decent attacking players lots of defenders and goal keepers so how much did they offer Hirst.

I am nearly 40 now and the last decent youth striker we produced was Humphreys in the 90's so who holds the record.

Someone must know.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The club stated the had offered him more than any other youth player in the club's history so someone must know what that player was on.

We in the last 15+years have not produced a decent attacking players lots of defenders and goal keepers so how much did they offer Hirst.

I am nearly 40 now and the last decent youth striker we produced was Humphreys in the 90's so who holds the record.

Someone must know.

Erm how about his contemporaries?

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Surely he would be best served by letting his contract to nearly run out so he can keep his options open should any other clubs take an interest in him. 

But we have possibly lost the best two kids we have produced in 15+ years would you risk it with a player that made his debut in Bulgarian top division at 15 years, has been playing in the under 23 at 18 and already looks a decent player.

For me i would have signed him up to £500 a week in January for 18 months then renegotiate now for longer instead we risk losing him to anyone for next to nothing