Andy rhodes

Guest Ash76
9 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We keep being told we can't afford to sell him, due to some sort of financial jiggery pokery.  Not sure how true this is, but the 'experts' on here seem to be.

That would depend on the size of the transfer fee. I know Norwich have there own issues but they’ve just taken in £11m with the sale of Josh Murphy and will take at least another £17m by selling Maddison 

13 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

That would depend on the size of the transfer fee. I know Norwich have there own issues but they’ve just taken in £11m with the sale of Josh Murphy and will take at least another £17m by selling Maddison 

I would love us to make a profit on Rhodes.  However, I just can't see it happening.

Edited by Sham67

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I would love us to make a profit on Rhodes.  However, I just can't see it happening.

For whatever reason it hasn't worked, which is a shame. If we do sell and magage to get our money back,  never mind a profit we'll have done well. Think it will be a loan though if he does go. 

Was talking to my mate last night, he's just been released from Blackpool under 21's as they couldn't afford to keep him on. He had a trial at Oldham the other week and they told him that they were looking at getting a new gk coach in so could well be rhodes:/

Guest Ash76
7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Make that £25m for Maddison according to Nixon 

He's done a fantastic job over the past 8 years.

Now if we sell Westwood and Rhodes has gone, it could be a big risk having a new gk coach with 2 young keepers.

Might want to think carefully about selling Westwood if that is on the cards.

Weaver to step up would provide a bit on continuity, KP knows the club and worked at Championship level for years.

2 minutes ago, Kate said:

You keep saying this (and I agree), but why exactly do you think this Neil?

Because I think the nostalgia element shouldn't be the requisite qualification for landing the job

Andy Rhodes have proven himself to be an incredible developer of goalkeeping talent, a motivator, a bright happy face in a stressed out camp last season, who can keep people's chins up when the going is tough, as well as add further motivation when the going is great.

I just don't see KP as having the same qualities in any of those areas.

And I certainly don't think fans should be clamouring for his return just because he was at Wednesday for so long

Owlstalk Shop

I think that's very unfair on KP

He has proven himself a very capable GK coach and Millwall are renowned for having some of the best young keepers - and he has a very good reputation

That alone shouldn't qualify him for the job of course (although apparently nostalgia seems to be one of the reasons to give George Hirst whatever he wants...)

It's academic anyway because i'm fairly sure Nicky Weaver will step up - probably been much more instrumental in the development of Wildsmith and Dawson than Andy Rhodes was

Knows the club, knows the keepers, has done an excellent job and deserves promoting to the top job

Edited by scram