Andy rhodes

On 14/06/2018 at 22:11, devonshire owl said:

Just seen he might be going to oldham as assistant manager.any ideas who could take his place?kevin pressman perhaps.good luck to andy in his new challenge.

If it's true definitely get pressman In as Goalie coach, knows the club, training ground like the back of his hand, one of us and knows what it means to play at Hillsborough. Great experience and knowledge and one of us can be priceless 

26 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If it's true definitely get pressman In as Goalie coach, knows the club, training ground like the back of his hand, one of us and knows what it means to play at Hillsborough. Great experience and knowledge and one of us can be priceless 

Wouldn't surprise me if all this was agreed with KP coming home and Rhodes leaving for Oldham some time ago.

Pressman leaving Millwall didn't make full sense at the time after having 6 good years there.

7 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Wouldn't surprise me if all this was agreed with KP coming home and Rhodes leaving for Oldham some time ago.

Pressman leaving Millwall didn't make full sense at the time after having 6 good years there.

Maybe both decided it was time for a change, if I'm being honest I'd like Jos to have a bit of a backroom clear out, sometimes as with managers and players it's good to freshen things up, a new face, methods and fresh attitude can reap dividends. Which is probably why the most successful British manager in the last 30 years sir Alex used to shuffle his back room staff every few years. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Watched him dong the pre-match warm-up this season. He looked very slow and in poor physical shape.

4 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Watched him dong the pre-match warm-up this season. He looked very slow and in poor physical shape.

I watched him in the height of his career and he seemed the same physical shape you describe.

Still put in some stellar performances (Ignore Neil, I think he got undertook on the parkway by Pressman back in the 90's and still holds a grudge to this day)

Edited by HubristicClapper

On 15/06/2018 at 14:48, Mr. Tom said:

Late Saturday afternoon, mid-October. A stiff breeze, and from somewhere the faint autumnal tang of woodsmoke.

After four solid hours' repeat drills, you finally master the epic in-off-the-bar bicycle kick you've been practicing by 'crossing' it to yourself off the corner of the garage roof. You've nailed it six times in a row. You are Hirst, Beckenbauer, Van Basten, the lot. Your dad needs to know about this immediately. (You aren't sure why, but that probably isn't important.)

Excitedly you shout for him to come bear astonished witness your godlike new skills, and, after a brief delay (probably with some muffled swearing) he materialises - huge and immovable in the orange glow of the kitchen doorway light, a dripping paint roller clutched in his mighty fist. Silently he watches you go through the elaborate setup routine twice, three times, four times... falling flat on your arse again and again as you get steadily redder, angrier and more flustered.

You're nearly crying with rage by the sixth go, but being on the verge of a toddler-style meltdown somehow powers you to new heights of physical majesty: your inverse left-foot roundhouse connects with an almighty THWACK, the battered size five Mitre Delta screams off into the gathering dusk, and a second later you hear the glorious CLA-CLANK as the crossbar fully detaches from the flimsy, rusted tin goalposts over by the leaf-clogged water butt (a.k.a the long-suffering centre half donkey in many of your Roy Of The Rovers training scenarios).

DID YOU SEE THAT, you bellow breathlessly into the half-light, DAD DID YOU SEE, DAD DAD, but there's no answer. Deep down you know it's because he slipped quietly back inside to finish painting the back bedroom after the fouth time you swung at fresh air. In fact not even 'deep down' - you saw him go, you flipping plum, and carried on anyway.

A light drizzle begins to fall. It's fish fingers for tea.

THE END

lol

Ahh I remember - the privet was waddle and the plant pot Hirst. Running commentary through out. I used to pull off some right drills, never to be witnessed by anyone else. The pressure of Dad watching was too heavy. 

Great passage buddy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Well he certainly knows where the canteen is.

• Haha 2

Guest Ash76

Not true at all, don’t sort wages without a loan fee unless they’ve agreed to cover them all. If they have then I’d expect us to be pushing for a full transfer 

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Not true at all, don’t sort wages without a loan fee unless they’ve agreed to cover them all. If they have then I’d expect us to be pushing for a full transfer 

We keep being told we can't afford to sell him, due to some sort of financial jiggery pokery.  Not sure how true this is, but the 'experts' on here seem to be.

13 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I suppose it could be a loan deal with an option to buy, seems more likely (if any truth at all in the rumour).