Andy rhodes

If he does go it will be a massive loss for us.

All the keepers he's worked with think the world of him. You only have to listen to Chris Kirkland talking about how he was with him when he was suffering with his mental health while still with us.

Then, as has already been mentioned, we havent had a bad keeper while he's been here and he's helped to bring on two of the best young keepers in the football league, maybe even a future England No.1?

The size of the club compared to us is irrelevant. If he wants to make the step up from Goalkeeping Coach to assistant manager in order to further his career who can blame him?

I'd like to thank him for everything he's done and wish him every success if he decides to go. A fantastic servant for the club.

Good Luck Andy!

Excellent coach dona a fantastic job. He was moved to stands not long after Jos came, I thought this suggested some difference of opinion probably about his son who was left out. Think its difficult to have son at club especially when not delivering wht he is expected to do. If he does go think we will get German keeper coach it is an area where they excel. It also suggests Jordan Rhodes will be moving on.

4 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

To go back to the club he played and coached for, to join up with his mate? Any reason he wants.

Our Chairman has made it clear he wants Premier League football, 

in your professional career as a coach would you not want to do this in the top division.

Just so you can go back to a club you once played for to be with your mates? 

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Our Chairman has made it clear he wants Premier League football, 

in your professional career as a coach would you not want to do this in the top division.

Just so you can go back to a club you once played for to be with your mates? 

See, my dad was a coach, he wasn't arsed about winning trophies and getting promoted so much, they were by-products of doing what he really loved, working with the kids, passing on his knowledge and making them better players. The other stuff comes off the back of it, he got his reward seeing his "products" getting picked up by the big clubs. Imagine if you had the skills to turn any keeper into a better one, you were known as the best around so promising keepers would seek you out. Imagine you could do that job wherever you wanted and you'd still get your reward of seeing them achieve.

Everyone's motivations are different and they're entitled to them.

Add to the fact his son is proper minted so he probably doesn't want for much.

1 hour ago, OneDavidHirst said:

If he does go it will be a massive loss for us.

All the keepers he's worked with think the world of him. You only have to listen to Chris Kirkland talking about how he was with him when he was suffering with his mental health while still with us.

Then, as has already been mentioned, we havent had a bad keeper while he's been here and he's helped to bring on two of the best young keepers in the football league, maybe even a future England No.1?

The size of the club compared to us is irrelevant. If he wants to make the step up from Goalkeeping Coach to assistant manager in order to further his career who can blame him?

I'd like to thank him for everything he's done and wish him every success if he decides to go. A fantastic servant for the club.

Good Luck Andy!

BANG ON

Well said mate

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Jordan might come back to form if his dad leaves as everyone knows there's extra pressures when a family member is watching closely. 

Late Saturday afternoon, mid-October. A stiff breeze, and from somewhere the faint autumnal tang of woodsmoke.

After four solid hours' repeat drills, you finally master the epic in-off-the-bar bicycle kick you've been practicing by 'crossing' it to yourself off the corner of the garage roof. You've nailed it six times in a row. You are Hirst, Beckenbauer, Van Basten, the lot. Your dad needs to know about this immediately. (You aren't sure why, but that probably isn't important.)

Excitedly you shout for him to come bear astonished witness your godlike new skills, and, after a brief delay (probably with some muffled swearing) he materialises - huge and immovable in the orange glow of the kitchen doorway light, a dripping paint roller clutched in his mighty fist. Silently he watches you go through the elaborate setup routine twice, three times, four times... falling flat on your arse again and again as you get steadily redder, angrier and more flustered.

You're nearly crying with rage by the sixth go, but being on the verge of a toddler-style meltdown somehow powers you to new heights of physical majesty: your inverse left-foot roundhouse connects with an almighty THWACK, the battered size five Mitre Delta screams off into the gathering dusk, and a second later you hear the glorious CLA-CLANK as the crossbar fully detaches from the flimsy, rusted tin goalposts over by the leaf-clogged water butt (a.k.a the long-suffering centre half donkey in many of your Roy Of The Rovers training scenarios).

DID YOU SEE THAT, you bellow breathlessly into the half-light, DAD DID YOU SEE, DAD DAD, but there's no answer. Deep down you know it's because he slipped quietly back inside to finish painting the back bedroom after the fouth time you swung at fresh air. In fact not even 'deep down' - you saw him go, you flipping plum, and carried on anyway.

A light drizzle begins to fall. It's fish fingers for tea.

THE END

lol

Edited by Mr. Tom

Suggesting Jordan will go anywhere just because his dad is moving on is ridiculous at best,  he’s a grown man ... I’m fairly sure he hasn’t had his dad alongside him the whole of his career 

its not even a ridiculous suggestion that it’s added some pressure on him playing here alongside working with his old man 

We've had nothing but class keepers while he has been here and Wildsmith and Dawson is a cracking legacy to leave behind. Hopefully will do well in the future. I'll leave it to Jos to sort who he wants to replace him and not just name ex players.

2 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

See, my dad was a coach, he wasn't arsed about winning trophies and getting promoted so much, they were by-products of doing what he really loved, working with the kids, passing on his knowledge and making them better players. The other stuff comes off the back of it, he got his reward seeing his "products" getting picked up by the big clubs. Imagine if you had the skills to turn any keeper into a better one, you were known as the best around so promising keepers would seek you out. Imagine you could do that job wherever you wanted and you'd still get your reward of seeing them achieve.

Everyone's motivations are different and they're entitled to them.

Add to the fact his son is proper minted so he probably doesn't want for much.

Which club and division did your dad coach in?

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Nick Rhodes was in Duran Duran.

Bloody hell! It took you guys long enough! lol

I realised after about 5 minutes I'd got Andy Taylor and Nick Rhodes  (both founder members of DD) mixed up but it was too late to edit  so I thought I'd bluff it for as long as it took for someone to pull me up on it!

42 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Bloody hell! It took you guys long enough! lol

I realised after about 5 minutes I'd got Andy Taylor and Nick Rhodes  (both founder members of DD) mixed up but it was too late to edit  so I thought I'd bluff it for as long as it took for someone to pull me up on it!

You did bloody well, they usually start shouting about my gaffes about two seconds before I hit 'Submit Reply'

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3