How will Championship teams react this season?

Having seen Aston Villa crash and burn with their 'let's buy our way to the Premier League... oh... hang on' tactic, I wonder if it will make every Championship team stop and think before chucking money at it?

OR have Aston Villa actually landed themselves in as much trouble as we think? It is now thought that they will cruise through their woes way easier than we did when we were on the brink...

Owlstalk Shop

My view has always been a chairman / owner should be able to spend as much as they want on players and wages ,and if it goes boobies up ,then they have done their money. All FFP is doing is hurting the clubs without the premier leagues failure payments. 

It sounds like even the 3 clubs coming down aren't guaranteed to gamble / can't afford it.

Both Yorkshire rivals seem reluctant to splash the cash, not sure about the rest.

Villas situation might not be as bad as the hype but they failed to get up with big investment and the manager who was guaranteed to bring success.

It might be more a case of those who are prepared to hold their nerve and not sell their prized assets who will prevail. 

Personnel wise I'm sure we've got the nucleus of a squad that got to Wembley and threw away a golden opportunity the following season. DC always said he wouldn't sell out best players, let's see if he means business.

51 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Forest's purchases today suggest nothing has changed and some clubs are willing to speculate to accumulate and throw money at it.

13 Million for a player who made 2 league appearances last season, bizarre.  A lot of my forest mates are celebrating a record signing but seems to me they only just got out of FFP trouble and will back to square one. Still wont be worse than Rhodes..

"We are trying to build something"  "We have a plan" "We have friends" "We are not selling our best players"

Other Championship clubs can react how they choose but I believe DC will have contingencies in place for whatever may befall us. Last season there were a succession of events DC or anyone else could not legislate for.

PS Hope for the Blades in the Carabao Cup tomorrow, revenge will be sweet so early in the season.