Hillsborough refurbishment

Just now, alanharper said:

I knew that sign falling off was just a distraction technique whilst they whacked the new roof on

Must have done it overnight, drove past yesterday and everything was normal, somebody probably rang challenge anneka lol

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, addedtime said:

That first paragraph........not good.

And when was Petr Cech ever our goalie as it says in the write up???????????

If so why was he wearing a striped home shirt instead of a goalie shirt?

Oh that will be cos he was doing an impression of Llierra!

sheffield-wednesday-fans.jpg.0c72f0d3ac050ac69a143e0642a37cff.jpg

Apologies if I spelt his name wrong.

• Haha 3

Just now, OxonOwl said:

Yeah. Unnecessary. 

Agree in spirit, and I'm purely being devil's advocate here - but tbf it's a neutral reference guide to the STADIUM, not our club. Be a bit weird if they didn't make an early mention of *by far* the single most infamous day in the stadium's history, which - much as I hate the fact - it was, is and might well always be.

We're pretty much the one minority group on the planet who don't see it that way. Such a shame but it is what it is.

Anyway, don't mean to derail the thread, not even sure why I'm commenting really - it's partly that I was having a similar conversation with some non-Wednesdayite friends recently and I realised how hard I found it to think of Hillsborough as anything but my cosy footballing 'home'.

I felt it unnecessary because most football fans and many other people would make the connection with the disaster so no need to mention it.

For those who don't know the connection, is there any need to mention it?

Fake news doesn't exist, I personally can't wait to get down to Hillsborough in July and see the new roof and the return of the old club crest on the Leppings lane end. Someone has been on Google images and just taken what comes up as gospel is my guess.

2 hours ago, s73owl said:

Must have done it overnight, drove past yesterday and everything was normal, somebody probably rang challenge anneka lol

Back in the day I challenged anneka, got done for stalking.

• Haha 4