#SWFC fans need help raising money

bangers3.jpg

COMPETITION
Our friends at GOO DESIGN in Sheffield have joined with Owlstalk and Sheffield Wednesday FC to run this competition

Goo have organised a massive banger rally to Monte Carlo in order to raise as much money as possible for Roundabout which is an amazing charity who provide crucial assistance to the homeless.

The idea is dead simple. In Matt (from Goo Design)'s words "Paint a banger car, drive it to Monaco for charity for Roundabout because I want to raise money for the homeless"

The car is to be decorated up in a Sheffield Wednesday design but as yet the car doesn't have a name and we thought it would be fun if Owlstalk could help name the car!

The target is a mere £3000 which Owlstalk can smash with it's eyes closed.

THE COMPETITION

So we want Owlstalk members to name the Sheffield Wednesday designed car that Matt has painted in SWFC designs

PRIZES

• 1st Prize - name the car AND a limited edition South Stand print from Goo
  • 2nd Prize - limited edition South Stand print
  • 3rd Prize - Limited Edition South Stand print

HOW TO ENTER

• DONATE - Simply throw a donation (the old saying 'no donation is too small' applies as always) to the project
  • NAME THE CAR! - Post below what name you would like to give the car

WINNERS

The winners will be drawn out of a hat at OWLS IN THE PARK this year and the three winners will be sent a print!

So......

• £3000 to hit as quickly as possible (easy!) 
  • Three chances to win
  • Roundabout charity to get some much needed funds
  • Sheffield Wednesday banger car to head to Monte Carlo
  • Owlstalk members name the banger car AND win some ltd edition prints

Brilliant stuff. Let's do this.

Donate here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/goodesign

(if you just want to donate that's amazing too)

And THANK YOU to you all ahead of smashing this target!

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, woldsowl said:

I'm not convinced about the authenticity of this group. Wednesday links, really? 

Goo Design sounds a bit scouse to me. 

Let's call the car Harvey (Wall Banger). 

Goo Design is an artist/designer with a shop in Sheffield

Sheffield Wednesday have sponsored this thing but we are raising £3000 for one of the most valuable charities there is (Roundabout)

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Goo Design is an artist/designer with a shop in Sheffield

Sheffield Wednesday have sponsored this thing but we are raising £3000 for one of the most valuable charities there is (Roundabout)

You missed the point, easily done on Owlstalk.

Goo Design = Goo Dison = Scouse.

Will never dis a charity, worked for a few of them for years.

Sheffielder Matt Cockayne and 39 other artists are set to hit the road in the name of charity and the Owls are right behind this innovative campaign!

Back in March 2017, Matt – of Goo design – was busy devising a way of undertaking a public display of art that would involve the city of Sheffield.

Raising funds for The Roundabout Youth Homelessness Charity, Matt’s idea ‘Bangers and Cash', is for the artists to showcase their work on old cars, which will then be driven all the way from Sheffield to Monte Carlo, through Europe!

The cars, worth no more than £650 in value, will each have their own unique design and Matt has ensured Sheffield Wednesday will be well represented on the journey!

bangers3.jpg

Check out his SWFC-themed motor here!

The car...

he unique event has been backed by local and national businesses and as excitement builds, all 40 car and bonnet designs will be on show in the Winter Gardens in August before the rally takes place the following month!

The car will also be on display at Owls in the Park on Sunday 1 July!

The bonnets will then be auctioned in October and the proceeds will be donated to the Roundabout Charity!

Matt said: “Being a creative mind, I have a lot of ideas. I’m not a fan of self-absorbent art exhibitions and would much rather be involved with other artists and creative minds alike.

“I racked my brain for a couple of weeks but few ideas that would raise much profile came to mind until ‘Bangers and Cash’!

“The cars will drive through Europe, over the famous Alps chugging along to the end of the rally in one piece in Monte Carlo - raising lots of money for charity!

“I am absolutely buzzing for this event and I hope you follow Bangers and Cash on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and visit www.bangersandcash.co.uk.”

Owlstalk Shop

If you’re one of the one people who’ve paid £5 to have your name included within the artwork of the car, the club have now confirmed that the car will be officially unveiled at Owls now the Park so why don’t you come along and find your name on the car. We’ll also be running a raffle on the day to win some great prizes! 

If you’ve not already added your name to the artwork on the car, and would like to, this can be done on the following link - spaces on the car are limited so be quick! You can also purchase other items on the link where money from each will go to Roundabout.  

https://goo-design.myshopify.com/products/bangers-and-cash-charity-swft-south-stand-artwork

Please also remember to keep entering the competition above to name the car itself! 

• Like 1