Jump to content


@owlstalk

WORLD CUP 2018 - Matchday Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

Brazil v Belgium (world cup) 35,000. Round the world interest...  Billions

 

Rangers v Bury (friendly) 40,025... Round the world interest... just you

I was interested in Rangers vs Bury

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I was interested in Rangers vs Bury

 

No you wasn't lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steveger said:

Easiest World Cup that England will ever get the chance of winning IMO

A bit like us v Hull at Wembley. 

Hope there is a different outcome .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

Brazil v Belgium (world cup) 35,000. Round the world interest...  Billions

 

Rangers v Bury (friendly) 40,025... Round the world interest... just you

 

 

aw bless, no need to be like that, you want to talk about it ?........

 

I'm always available if you wanna have a chat about your prombles 

 

my inbox is always open.....

 

you will feel better getting it all off your shoulders....

 

feel lighter for it...

 

less stressed, less agitated and serious 

 

glad to help out,

 

no need to thank me

 

love you xx

 

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveger said:

 

 

aw bless, no need to be like that, you want to talk about it ?........

 

I'm always available if you wanna have a chat about your prombles 

 

my inbox is always open.....

 

you will feel better getting it all off your shoulders....

 

feel lighter for it...

 

less stressed, less agitated and serious 

 

glad to help out,

 

no need to thank me

 

love you xx

 

 

Your so sweet, I’d give you a nasty look but you’ve already got one. :biggrin:

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I thought the ref was good too, but ...

Why didn't he book Neymar for that clear dive?

Probably because it would've meant him missing the semi final had Brazil gone through

So in other words, the tournament's biggest names are treated differently from the rest?

It appears so - would also explain why Ronaldo wasn't shown a red card for his deliberate elbow v Iran

 

 

i thought yellow cards didn't carry into the semi's …...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i thought yellow cards didn't carry into the semi's …...

 

They're wiped after the quarters - a 2nd yellow tonight would have meant missing the semi

The thinking being that no-one would miss the final (other than receiving a red in the semis)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

 

They're wiped after the quarters - a 2nd yellow tonight would have meant missing the semi

The thinking being that no-one would miss the final (other than receiving a red in the semis)

didn't realise he'd already been booked  ... ...being a true patriot I watched the cricket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we got to a WC final, the Russians would make sure that there was a fire drill at the team hotel at 2.00 am the morning of the final. Then another at 4.00 am. At six Putin would ring up and tell Kane that he'd got to get up in 2 hours.  

Putin.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, steveger said:

 

 

aw bless, no need to be like that, you want to talk about it ?........

 

I'm always available if you wanna have a chat about your prombles 

 

my inbox is always open.....

 

you will feel better getting it all off your shoulders....

 

feel lighter for it...

 

less stressed, less agitated and serious 

 

glad to help out,

 

no need to thank me

 

love you xx

 

How did North Ferraby get on Steve :biggrin:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane talk tactics:

 

HK: How do you think the Swedes will set up gaffer ?

 

GS: Not sure Harry but we think it will be a flat pack 4. What do think ?

 

HK: Sorry gaffer I've got no ikea.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deadbeat Owl said:

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane talk tactics:

 

HK: How do you think the Swedes will set up gaffer ?

 

GS: Not sure Harry but we think it will be a flat pack 4. What do think ?

 

HK: Sorry gaffer I've got no ikea.

 

That was dreadful lol

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If we got to a WC final, the Russians would make sure that there was a fire drill at the team hotel at 2.00 am the morning of the final. Then another at 4.00 am. At six Putin would ring up and tell Kane that he'd got to get up in 2 hours.  

Putin.png

 

If we beat Russia, the England players won't be coming home. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

That was dreadful lol

 

 

 

I know I'm sorry but I had to share it 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

How did North Ferraby get on Steve :biggrin:

not sure they even exist any more tbh, they dropped that low

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Watson said:

 

If we beat Russia, the England players won't be coming home. 

 

Aye, there's no dis-Putin that!

 

:stuwinky:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweden  0-2  England ... England through to a World Cup semi-final for only the third time ever

                                        Clean sheet ... two good goals ... unlucky to pick up a booking ... keeper saved well when called upon

                                        No point finding fault in the performance really, so I'll just say there's still room for improvement

                                        and hope these players are able to build on the progress they've shown so far

                                        For actual entertainment value, mm ... a generous neutral might award a six?

                                        Russia or Croatia? Sure makes tonight's game interesting

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...