WORLD CUP 2018 - Matchday Thread

Con someone please explain who thinks Kyle the blunt is a cb??? 

Positionally. Must do better. 

Heading. Non existant. 

Concentration.. Ooh squirrel ???. 

Give the lad his dues he's a very good wingback or fullback, but as a cb, as we all know there's only one walker and his name was des  lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Key players have received close attention from their opponents for as long as I can remember

Neymar's response is to come up with new ways to exaggerate contact in the hope the ref buys it and starts issuing cards

The aim then being, with the opposition too afraid to tackle, he's free to run rings around them?

I'm surprised he doesn't see more cards himself for 'simulation'

Someone ought to put together a compilation of all his histrionics from this match alone, in slo-mo, and then show it to all the officials at this tournament

Ask 'em what they think ...

Neymar needs two footing straight through both knee caps for that barnet alone. Hate thecunt, he's not even that good.

• Haha 1

Reckon I was too quick to praise referee standards

Sweden  1-0  S Korea ... At the start I thought it might be an open game with two sides prepared to give their opponents space in midfield

But a whistle happy ref - 42 fouls, really? - and poor finishing put paid to that. Another VAR penalty settled it

Two poor sides, the Germans will watch that and breathe a huge sigh of relief

Belgium  3-0  Panama ... For an hour I wasn't sure what to make of it. Belgium over-hyped? Panama underrated? Either way it wasn't great

But it finished 3-0 and somehow the ref thought eight yellow cards were warranted

Tunisia  1-2  England ... I suppose we should just take the three points - thankya very much - and move on, but wtf?

If theirs was a penalty then we should've had two, at least

And if it had finished 1-1 then I'd have downgraded the tournament back to a six on referee performance alone

But hey, last minute winners are good for the soul  :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Reckon I was too quick to praise referee standards

Sweden  1-0  S Korea ... At the start I thought it might be an open game with two sides prepared to give their opponents space in midfield

But a whistle happy ref - 42 fouls, really? - and poor finishing put paid to that. Another VAR penalty settled it

Two poor sides, the Germans will watch that and breathe a huge sigh of relief

Belgium  3-0  Panama ... For an hour I wasn't sure what to make of it. Belgium over-hyped? Panama underrated? Either way it wasn't great

But it finished 3-0 and somehow the ref thought eight yellow cards were warranted

Tunisia  1-2  England ... I suppose we should just take the three points - thankya very much - and move on, but wtf?

If theirs was a penalty then we should've had two, at least

And if it had finished 1-1 then I'd have downgraded the tournament back to a six on referee performance alone

But hey, last minute winners are good for the soul  :biggrin:

Worst part was, isn't that what VAR is for, and they game one using VAR for the exact same thing in the Croatia/Nigeria game when the defender tried to choke out Mandzukic

1 minute ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Neymar needs two footing straight through both knee caps for that barnet alone. Hate thecunt, he's not even that good.

Had to laugh when he was dancing with the ball in front of his marker

Lee Dixon says: 'I know what I'd do.'  :laugh:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Sterling has been and always will be a massively overrated overpriced player. The guy has no football brain whatsoever. Rashford every day for me.

Sterling excels when the defenders commit themselves to the tackle but in international football, the defenders will wait and allow Sterling to take the wrong decision.  

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Sterling excels when the defenders commit themselves to the tackle but in international football, the defenders will wait and allow Sterling to take the wrong decision.  

He plays against better teams and defenders week in week out 

7 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Everyone gives 100% at the world cup, most of the overpayed players in the prem couldn't give two shites when they are already 5 nil down to city. 

To be fair I think international 

wise England players try too hard ...

Hence the edginess 

The fear of failure outweighs the  job in hand 

For donkeys years our England 

Players treat the ball like it's mined , they can't wait to get rid of it for fear it will explode !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1