WORLD CUP 2018 - Matchday Thread

5 hours ago, bobness said:

To be fair, he was harried all match, and many times it went completely ignored by the ref. Well played by the Swiss, they knew what they were doing.

Key players have received close attention from their opponents for as long as I can remember

Neymar's response is to come up with new ways to exaggerate contact in the hope the ref buys it and starts issuing cards

The aim then being, with the opposition too afraid to tackle, he's free to run rings around them?

I'm surprised he doesn't see more cards himself for 'simulation'

Someone ought to put together a compilation of all his histrionics from this match alone, in slo-mo, and then show it to all the officials at this tournament

Ask 'em what they think ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

How can Neymar be worth whatever it is. He's a woose.  Always goes down whenever anybody gets near him. It's sickening to watch him. Pathetic excuse of a man, player whatever else. 

Give me Atdhe any day. 

My Blade supporting mate said when talking about Atdhe whos that viking you have upfront?

But then again he cant be a real Blade otherwise he would know his weight, height, eye colour, how much we bought him for and how much we could sell him for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, A12owl said:

How can Neymar be worth whatever it is. He's a woose.  Always goes down whenever anybody gets near him. It's sickening to watch him. Pathetic excuse of a man, player whatever else. 

Give me Atdhe any day. 

It's because he's cute and Brazilian. A sponsors dream.

Guest everydays_wednesday

Brazil draw....Germany lose...Spain Portugal draw...all opening up nicely for an England victory and glory !!

6 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Key players have received close attention from their opponents for as long as I can remember

Neymar's response is to come up with new ways to exaggerate contact in the hope the ref buys it and starts issuing cards

The aim then being, with the opposition too afraid to tackle, he's free to run rings around them?

I'm surprised he doesn't see more cards himself for 'simulation'

Someone ought to put together a compilation of all his histrionics from this match alone, in slo-mo, and then show it to all the officials at this tournament

Ask 'em what they think ...

Not debating any of this, but he was genuinely fouled quite a lot, even if it was targeted and arguably deserved.

I hate pantomime on the pitch as much as the next, but it wasn't long ago many on here were asking people to give over when it came to Forestieri, even though he also had it coming to him.

Belgium lining up with a 3421 formation which we used end of last season, and should use again next season.  they must have been watching us play :laugh:

Joking aside it will be interesting to see how they perform in that system

Edited by Southie_Owl

Few gems from Lawro so far, "Where's the ref from?" soon after a bad decision.... "Won't be getting that back in Russia" (ball gone out of play)

"It takes ages doesn't it, to take a free kick?".... think he's getting bored again.