Our fire sale

Cross is correct - top earners will be leaving. However contrary to popular belief FF and BB aren’t top earners and won’t be leaving. The top earners (or some of will be leaving) - expect several of Rhodes, lees, Fletcher, hooper, Westwood, abdi and Boyd to go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Was talking about this earlier Abdi looks like going loovens,Clare,Hirst look like going loovens,Wallace,kean all gone winnall will probably be sold I think that would save us a huge chunk ? 

That is a good number of players you list but only 2 will make a real difference to our wage bill - Abdi and Wallace.

Clare, Hirst and Kean will have very minimal impact on that with Loovens probably somewhere in the middle.

No one will be taking Winnall off our hands this Summer with an injury that has the potential to ruin players careers if not recovered from.

Guest everydays_wednesday
48 minutes ago, attyjake said:

Exactly they are all liars.

Not just picking on those two,

I mean all of the press/media!

Allegedly....

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

As expected, today's Mirror story states that we will be selling Fessi, Bannan , etc this Summer in a "fire sale."

What will be interesting to see, if true, is just what fees we can generate via this auction.

And while sad, does it give us a chance to re -balance squad with pace, power and defending prowess?

Plus, add verve and motivation with fresh new signings and also bring our good crop of youngsters through? 

But the strikers left will really have to perform.

There ain't a fire sale end of

30 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Was talking about this earlier Abdi looks like going loovens,Clare,Hirst look like going loovens,Wallace,kean all gone winnall will probably be sold I think that would save us a huge chunk ? 

It will certainly help, plus there also rumours of Rhodes being loaned out. However I'm not sure whether these will all be sufficient to stay within FFP limits.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Times is owned by Murdoch empire that also includes SkySport so close to soccer info (with Owls fan presenter).

Looks like club trying to get an auction going.

Yep. 

That'll be it. 

The bloke on Sky Sports News is feeding them the inside track. 

Either a WUM or you have an agenda. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I hope you're right but should a substantial offer come in I'm expecting one of FF, BB, Reach or Hooper to depart.

Really hope not. Would reluctantly lose Reach and a few of the others but FF, BB and Lee’s shouldn’t be sold. They are the Crown Jewels at present and we have to keep these at all costs and build around them imho. 

If the club is planning on selling all the top earners then we shoukd expect them to be providing a refund to all those people who paid x amount for their season tickets on the proviso (according to that survey) the club keep it's top earners...