According to reports in Portugal...

Guest Arcadianrocket
9 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Selling Forestieri would be disappointing but no player is irreplaceable 

He will be.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Not for half a season for last 3 seasons he isnt....if he was guarenteed to be fit for a full season then yeh a no brainer great link up player and scores a few too,but hes not...uto ftb

This ^

Love Hooper as a player, but always question marks over his physical condition. We only manage to squeeze half a season out of him at a time. 

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Why are we still shopping in Portugal?

Possibly because they are current World Champions?

Anyway, from the clips he looks to me more of a replacement and certainly improvement on Wallace. He can play outside on the right or left, appears quite speedy, and has the advantage of being able to use either foot, something woefully lacking in Wallace, who's right foot was simply for standing on/walking etc. He can also head a ball down. Looks a useful addition were it to come about.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Anyway, from the clips he looks to me more of a replacement and certainly improvement on Wallace. He can play outside on the right or left, appears quite speedy, and has the advantage of being able to use either foot, something woefully lacking in Wallace, who's right foot was simply for standing on/walking etc. He can also head a ball down. Looks a useful addition were it to come about.

Cough* ..European. 

27 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Not for half a season for last 3 seasons he isnt....if he was guarenteed to be fit for a full season then yeh a no brainer great link up player and scores a few too,but hes not...uto ftb

What’s your thoughts on Hutchinson?

hes played about 130 games in his career!

1 minute ago, richowl said:

What’s your thoughts on Hutchinson?

hes played about 130 games in his career!

This is from his Wiki Page

2007–2010 Chelsea 3 (0)
2011–2014 Chelsea 2 (0)
2012–2013 Nottingham Forest (loan) 9 (1)
2013–2014 Vitesse Arnhem (loan) 1 (0)
2014 Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 10 (1)
2014– Sheffield Wednesday 85 (2)
National team
2006–2007 England U18 1 (0)
2007–2009 England U19 4 (0)

9 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

This is from his Wiki Page

2007–2010 Chelsea 3 (0)
2011–2014 Chelsea 2 (0)
2012–2013 Nottingham Forest (loan) 9 (1)
2013–2014 Vitesse Arnhem (loan) 1 (0)
2014 Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 10 (1)
2014– Sheffield Wednesday 85 (2)
National team
2006–2007 England U18 1 (0)
2007–2009 England U19 4 (0)

For some reason wikipedia only ever lists league games and isn't always up to date.
Pretty sure he's at 103 for us, all in.

(with 37 yellows and 5 reds :D )

Edited by cookeh

25 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Never been world champions to my knowledge and cant say any portugese players we have bought have been a success. 

19 hours ago, cookeh said:

Seems like a fairly strong winger with decent skills, tho not the quickest.

Can play wide or up front.

As has been said, I'd assume he'd play wide right of a 3, with Fessi on the other flank.

Seems a decent option as a loan signing.

not another f*****g slow wingman?

if a wingman hasn't got pace, he needs to be able to beat 3 men in a phonebox.

31 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

i'm not saying you're right, or wrong, but what i want to see from these southern european gents (or 'portuguese' if you want it in one word) is some backbone and will to win week in, week out, not a lightweight bottler.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

not another f*****g slow wingman?

if a wingman hasn't got pace, he needs to be able to beat 3 men in a phonebox.

Bear in mind that I haven't seen very much of him. but from what i have seen he did remind me a bit of Diego Costa. he's that sort of bullish player, not not nearly as tall as Costa, and almost certainly nowhere near as good.

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Bear in mind that I haven't seen very much of him. but from what i have seen he did remind me a bit of Diego Costa. he's that sort of bullish player, not not nearly as tall as Costa, and almost certainly nowhere near as good.

what on the edge of being sent off every game, and fans singing 'the elephant man' at him?