Latest maddest rumour about Joao going

I think Joao is in the last year of his contract so he’s probably not as valuable as some might think, however Forestieri is worth at least £10m in today’s market and that’s me being pessimistic. If Afobe is worth £12m I would be looking for at least that if I was Chansiri. So yes double 7.5m for both is probably about right, not only 7.5m for both 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Joao offers something different, he's tricky with his feet, unselfish, links up well with the wide players.

His injury record is better than most and I'd like us to keep him.

Although 7.5 million might be hard to resist if we're in the FFP trouble that has been hinted.

Much rather shift JR & SF.

Joao was 50% of Jos’s first-choice strike partnership for the last quarter of the season, can’t see him being let go without a decent fight to get him signed up again. But he’ll be looking - quite rightly - for (relatively) guaranteed football. Question is, is Jos in a position to offer that when he’s never really seen two of the competitors for Joao’s place, and two of our highest earners, play for us?

The fact that we’ll struggle to move Fletcher on before his contract expires could end up deciding whether or not we get to keep Joao. I like Fletcher but I know which I’d rather hang on to if it was an either/or choice.