Weirdest Wednesday goals

What's the most freakish goal that we've scored?

Wallace v Brighton in playoff semi final 2nd leg where he crossed it and everyone just watched it go in? 

Hooper v Cardiff where he pinched it off the keeper and (again) crossed it into the goal? 

Which other weird goals do you remember? 

Steve Gritt playing for Charlton, 1983. Under no pressure at all on the edge of his own box he turned and thumped it into the top corner of the Kop net. That made it 4-4 after we'd been 3-1 and 4-2 down, and we ended up winning 5-4 

This game is remembered quite rightly for other reasons but this one always sticks with me as I was there as a youngster. Not much weird but still a strange header.

Edited by Guest

Game against Millwall at Hillsborough in 73/74. Our first goal was a cross from Eric Potts that their keeper caught and fell into the back of the net with whilst still holding the ball. Our second was from a defender on the edge of his area who under pressure from Brian Joicey (who was about 5 yards away and very slow so no real pressure at all) passed it back to his keeper only to bend it round him into the corner of the net. Both goals towards the Kop and we won 3-2.

19 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

This 1000 times. 

Weirdest goal ever. 

I remember listening on the radio and it made no sense at all. 

I was there and still didn't understand what was going on! As you can imagine, the Millwall fans took it all with with grace and humour...

The Keiren Lee winner verse Bristol City last season capped off a surreal day

The whole day vs Bristol City at home season before was like some corny BBC drama.

The weather, 29 degrees, flash flooding, 1 hour lightening storm over Hillsbrough..Down at halftime I was spouting the usual crap like I'll judge it after 90 minutes and not even believing it myself..

And then Lee hits the winner at the end to send us mental.  Kind of games you remember forever.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

The other year playing Man City, reigning Champions of England at the Etihad. We'd lost 7-0 to them just three months before. You steps Adthe Nuihu who smashes it past Caballero into the bottom corner. 

Absolute pandemonium. I always remember the steward directly in front of us shouting to his colleagues 'Oi, you two! Get on that barrier in case these score again!"

Home game against one of Holloway's outfits.  Can't even remember the scorer, but from a corner one of our lot makes a 'back' for the keeper to fall over and we knock it in.

Holloway saw the funny side after the game...not!